Jenny101101's Story**8 month UPDATE~ pics-Pg.16**

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Audra

#211 Post by Audra »

Yes, having the turkey is important. I'd definitely want to wait a couple days for an adjustment for that!

ckrobyn

#212 Post by ckrobyn »

Your teeth are looking great :D

jenny101101

#213 Post by jenny101101 »

Thanks ckrobyn :D !

Ken: Thank you! :HugeGrin: Yes, I will really enjoy that turkey dinner, then be ready to bring on the (hopefully) huge adjustment. Have you been watching the Chase for the Cup races? Arg, so frustrating watching Jr. do so well in the first half, just to have some f*** up near the end. Oh well, I'm not a Kyle Busch fan so at least he's basically out of contention. Anyone else I'd be o.k. with winning the cup. Ha, another silver lining....they're everywhere!! :lol:

Have a great weekend, everyone!! :-1
Last edited by jenny101101 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

flesh-was-sweet

#214 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Happy 7 month anniversary - looking fantastic!!

Bekah

#215 Post by Bekah »

They look good!! It is amazing how fast time is moving huh?
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Unhappy teeth

#216 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Your front two teeth definitely seem to be un-overlapping! :banana:

Your teeth are looking really great now

jenny101101

#217 Post by jenny101101 »

Today is my 6 month braceaversary for my lowers!! :banana: Time seems to be flying by....

Ken: Yep, I don't know what's going on with Jr.'s team but he ran a good race on Sunday until "The big one" hit! Damn Carl Edwards and his "plan to run in the back until the end"...GRRR! :evil: *sigh* Oh well, I have a feeling this weekend will be his race to win!

flesh-was-sweet: Thank you so much!! :D

Bekah: Thanks! Yep, it sure is!

Unhappy teeth: Thank you, too! My front teeth haven't moved anymore, just that teensy weensy bit but I go for an adjustment next Wednesday so I'm hoping it'll be addressed then.

Well, on to the pics!!

This is what I started with:

And this is today!!:

Woot! They've come a long way for sure!! :D

On another note, I posted a question on the Metal Mouth Forum but wanted to put it here for my own sake, plus if anyone has any info/similar problem I'd love to hear from you. I discovered this Monday morning:
ImageImage

It has actually gotten worse. It's now filled with blood and almost purple but the funny thing is, it doesn't hurt really. I've been using peroxide/water rinse(as suggested by Lisa65 and Meryaten...thanks girls!! :D ) so I hope it helps. Does anyone have any idea how long it would take to heal?

And, on a good note, I've decided to go back to work. I've been home with my boys for 2 years now but now they're all in school/kindergarten so I'm going back to work part-time. I'm kind of excited to go back but nervous at the same time. Wish me luck!
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Flaka

#218 Post by Flaka »

Hello Jenny,

Happy 6 month braceaversar!! :-)o

It does look like a gum infection or something like that. I will say that if it doesnt go away in the next day or couple, you should call your dentist as it might get worse. Maybe he will give you some antibiotics.

Good luck with your new job! I am sure you feel good to be back to work. It is another way to keep busy, active and socializing :)

I hope when/if I have more kids I can be able to stay at home with them as well, at least for their first couple of years :)

Good Luck!

Cyn

Audra

#219 Post by Audra »

Happy Brace-a-versary!!!!! Your arch looks fantastic. Woweee.

As for your gums, it looks kind of like an infection to me. I wouldn't wait a week to get it taken care of.

Arbywhopper

#220 Post by Arbywhopper »

Happy Brace Annaversary!!!!! :-)o :-88 Your teeth are looking beautiful!! And congrats on going back to work!!! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

-Arby
Spacers: October 2, 2008
Top Braces: October 7, 2008
Sentence: 36 Months
Click the "www" for my braces story!! Progress Pic's Posted!!!

jenny101101

#221 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Cyn: Thanks! My swelling in my gum seems to be going down quite a bit. It's still a dark red colour but the swelling is almost gone. I'm keeping a close eye on it though :wink: . Yes, I can't wait to get back into the work force believe it or not. I've enjoyed being home with the kids immensely but I feel "out of touch" with the world...and my social life is non-existant! lol I'm starting back Tuesday after my big turkey weekend!!

Audra: Thank you so much!! I guess the reason I wanted to wait is because I don't have dental insurance so an extra trip to my dentist would be hard on the wallet. Oh well, it seems better so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it heals completely.

Arby: Thank you! Oh, I'm soooo looking forward to turkey this weekend. I'll be having two dinners...YUM! Image

I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that my ortho has merged his practice with another well known ortho from a different province. He's in a new building with a lot more staff and will now be open 5 days a week(previously was only open Mon-Thurs)so I'm excited about that. The only thing I'm apprehensive about is not having my regular assistant working on my teeth. She's so nice and always has answers for me or makes sure my ortho answers them. Oh well, hopefully I'll still have her but if not, I'm sure the others will be just as competent. I'm looking forward to seeing the new facilities. I saw pictures on their new website and it looks huge!! :shock:
Jenny

jenny101101

#222 Post by jenny101101 »

I'm 8 months in today!! Woohoo!! :D

I went for my adjustment last week. Dr.P didn't end up doing a pan xray and moving brackets...he said he will at the next adjustment. I did get a rectagular wire though. Oh...my...goodness THEY HURT!! :shock: Today is probably the first day since my adj. last Wednesday that I haven't had any pain, either random or after eating. I've had discomfort before but this was pain. Oh well, I survived! :lol:

I've had a few interesting things happen. First, I'm back to work and loving it! It's so nice to be back in the "real" world. Also, after my adjustment, I got to work and felt the wire on the top left poking me. I though maybe it just wasn't clipped enough or it had slipped out...nope! My bracket had popped off!! Dang!! I had to ask my boss if I could slip back to my ortho's office and get the wire clipped so this is what I have now:

I hope it doesn't effect my treatment very much.

On Friday, I was cleaning my teeth and I notice my toothbrush kept catching on the lower left side so I investigated. One of the doors on a bracket was open so I closed it. It was a little hard to close and it hurt but I guess I should be happy it wasn't hard to fix and didn't require going back AGAIN to the office. My orthos new office is beautiful and I still have the same assistant...yay! It even has SPAMS for the kids so they don't get bored waiting. I asked if I could play too!! lol

Ok, on to pics!!
7 months->->->->8 months
ImageImage

7 months->->->->8 months If you look closely at the 8 month pics, you'll see stops on both sides of the right lateral(your left) and between the bottom incisors(that one irritates my inner lip)
ImageImage

Not really any changes that I can see but I'm hoping this rectangular wire will do the trick. I'm trying to keep positive about those 2 front teeth. I just wish Dr.P would do some IPR to make room since my incisors are so larger at the bottom and my canines are almost shaped like a diamond :roll: . I did ask him about IPR at an earlier appt. and he said once we're sure the roots are straight he'll do some so maybe next appt. after my pan xray.....

Hope everyone is doing well!!! :D :D :D
Jenny

BracedVeryLate

#223 Post by BracedVeryLate »

Hi Jenny, isn't it funny how once the big changes are made, you start noticing all the little things that need to be fixed?! I think this must be the boring part of braces, waiting for the tiny movements to take place... I am so completely bored even at 5 months....
take care,
Patricia

jenny101101

#224 Post by jenny101101 »

Wow, it's great to be back!!

Just a quick post as I'm heading out the door to work. I just wanted to tell everyone how much I appreciate(and missed) you all!! THANK YOU :D

Well, today I'm exactly half way through my "sentence" of 22 months!! :banana: I'll post pictures later but not really any changes that I can see.

I'm off to work....later!
Jenny

Arbywhopper

#225 Post by Arbywhopper »

CONGRATS on being halfway!!! :dance: WOO HOO!!! I'm sure we are all very excited to be back. :D It's good to hear from people again, and to see how they are progressing. Keep us posted!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!!!

-Arby
Spacers: October 2, 2008
Top Braces: October 7, 2008
Sentence: 36 Months
Click the "www" for my braces story!! Progress Pic's Posted!!!