Jenny101101's Story**8 month UPDATE~ pics-Pg.16**

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miranbrady20

#181 Post by Miranbrady20 »

Your deff on your way!

insinu8

#182 Post by insinu8 »

jenny, an early 6 month anniversary congratulations. :-)o I'll be out of the country on the actual date so I didn't want to miss the opportunity :) It's great news that you've learned to love your braces. Results sure do help, eh? :)

Your arches are both looking amazing. At times, you may not notice any movement in one arch or the other, but that's okay because those teeth are only getting a rest while the other arch gets the treatment! Go teamwork!
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

braces4astw22

#183 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey Jenny

I dont see much change in your top arch from your pics but im not an ortho so what do I know :lol: but your teeth do look really great!! Hopefully your ortho will get those two front teeth fixed up. I know its tough when they were straight a while ago and they are overlapping now... it has to get worse before it can get better right? thats what I keep telling myself about my bottom arch anyways :lol: :lol: its looking a little strange but im keeping the faith!
Shannon - being braced at age 29

jenny101101

#184 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi everyone,

Well, sorry I've been gone for so long. I've been so busy between renovations and family home on vacation, I've only had a minute here and there to read up on some stories but not post in my own. It's now been a little over 4 months for my lowers braces and, even though I really don't see any changes from last month until now, I'll post my monthly pictures for all to see. Here goes:

3 months:

4 months:

These next pictures show how much my bite has changes since day 1. Also, even though my two front teeth now overlap, I must say I'm impressed at how even in length they are. I guess repositioning that bracket did do some good!! :D

Day 1:

4 months:

I'm heading for my 3rd adjustment on Wednesday morning so I plan to update again after it. I hope my ortho has tons in store for me!! :P
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Braced32

#185 Post by Braced32 »

Lookin' good, lookin' good!! :banana:

I had my fourth adjustment today (I haven't even posted about my third adjustment)! I'm in A LOT of pain and discomfort. I had no pain after the last adjustment and now I'm making up for it! I think I hear a margarita calling my name for supper! :lol: :-88

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)

BracedVeryLate

#186 Post by BracedVeryLate »

Looks good Jenny, that bottom wire is nearly straight!!!
take care,
Patricia

jenny101101

#187 Post by jenny101101 »

Thanks ladies! :D

I had my 3rd adjustment yesterday(well, really 2nd I guess since my first one was when I got my lower braces on and they never ended up putting a heavier wire on top :? ). Anyway, I had .014 wires on the top and bottom and they changed them to .018. The assistant that does the work on my teeth said that it's the heaviest round wire so my next appt. I'll be getting a square wire(YAY!). I was so excited to get the heavier wire because I haven't had any pain/discomfort since my brace day(s). When I went from .013 to .014 at my last adjustment, NADA!! :evil: Also, the AW is now attached to the last brackets(2nd molars)so that's putting some pressure on all 4 of those teeth.

After the assistant was all done, Dr.P came to check it all out. He said that at my next appt. I'd be going to a square wire and they'd be taking x-rays to see if my roots are straight. Then, if need be, they'll reposition a few brackets. I was so relieved after my appt. yesterday just knowing what the "plan of action" was. Dr.P also showed me my initial molds and went over which teeth have really moved and he said I was making terrific progress!Image
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

callmeswtmisery

#188 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Jenny,

You got great news on your last appointment!!!!! When I was looking at the pic's from the 1st day you got your braces put on, and the 4 month pic there is a huge change in your teeth!!!!

*melissa*

#189 Post by *melissa* »

Jenny, YAY for the great news!!!!!!!! :rawk:

Unhappy teeth

#190 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Looking good! :D

Your 2 front teeth are really level now, I have a similar problem where one is much lower than the other, I think I will probably need a bracket repositioned.

Hope you're still finding it relatively painless!

jenny101101

#191 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi all,

I've been so busy I haven't updated since I hit my 6 month braceaversary!! :banana: The family and I went away for the week and just got home late last night so I've finally had time to take pics and do my 6 month update.

callme: Thank you so much! Yes, I just have to keep reminding myself that my teeth HAVE come a long way since day 1 so as to not get discouraged with the little things:)

melissa: Gotta love good news! It's nice just knowing what will happen next so I know something will be happening :wink: .

Unhappy teeth: Thanks!! :D Yes, they repositioned the one on the left(which was the shorter one)and it's amazing how little time it took to level out. I'm hoping once my teeth are done, my ortho will do a little shaving to even them out and smooth out the little chip on the bottom of that tooth. As far as pain goes, only day 2 was a little rough....and now I'm back to eating as normal! :jump:

OK, folks, on to the pics!!

First pic is 5 months...Second pic is 6 months:
ImageImage
I've noticed my canines are untwisted a little more and my laterals are really coming in line! Centrals still overlap but hopefully once everything moves out a bit they'll come in line. Sorry the second pic is a little blurry but I think you can still see the subtle differences.

First pic is 4 months...Second pic is 6 months:
ImageImage
I didn't take a 5 month pic to compare of this shot. Notice my thicker wires..I think they're doing their job!! YAY!

Ok, I'm off to catch up on other peoples journal :D .
Jenny

jenny101101

#192 Post by jenny101101 »

Oops, forgot to change the title until today! :oops:

Well, since I'm posting I'll update a little more. My bite has changed quite a bit since my last adjustment less then two weeks ago. Now that my second molars have joined the archwire, they have come down/up a bit and they are my first point of contact when I bite down. My molar build-up doesn't even touch anymore so hopefully it can come off now! :D Although it doesn't really bother me, it'd be nice to have it gone(one less thing for my tongue to play with :lol: ).
Jenny

Memran

#193 Post by Memran »

Happy sixmonthaversary! :D

You're making great progress indeed :) Looking forward to losing the molar build up I bet :)
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

jenny101101

#194 Post by jenny101101 »

Thank you Ken and Memran!!

I still can't believe it's been 6 months already. I remember when I joined the board(1 day before being braced) and was thinking I couldn't wait until I was one of the more "experienced" members on the board...hehe! Ok, I may not be AS experienced as some of you folks but it sure is nice to have 6 months under my belt already. I guess time flies when you're having fun, huh?
Jenny

redwingzfan

#195 Post by redwingzfan »

Wow, you can see a difference in your teeth! Happy 6 months!

Take care,
Dave