Jenny101101's Story**8 month UPDATE~ pics-Pg.16**

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jenny101101

#31 Post by jenny101101 »

B: Good luck at your next adj.:) It would be nice for you to have the bumpers removed but I guess if they're needed, better safe then sorry.

Wired: I'm going to check out your journal next. We're only 3 days apart so pretty close. I'm getting my lowers done in early April when you go for your first adj. Wow, 6 months seems to be a long time to wait for your lowers but every mouth is different, I guess. Quite a few ppl on here have been braced that far apart. Haha, yes that would suck still having a bill after your braces are off but I'm betting it'll be paid off before hand...let's hope anyway!

So, today my gum is still bothering me. It seems I've tried everything(even though it's only been 8 days...lol). I'm now trying salt/water rinses so I'll let you know how that goes. My gums on the left side, upper and lower, are now bothering me. Probably b/c of my cleaning yesterday(she spent the most time on that side). I'm thinking I have more buildup on the left side since that's the side I sleep on :-Z . I'm gonna have to get DH to change sides of the bed with me!!hehe

I'm heading out tonight to a party for 3 friends who've had birthdays this month. None of them have seen my braces yet(some of them don't even know I HAVE braces) so I'm kind of excited to show them off and see their reaction. Here's hoping I don't get any negative comments! Although they love to kid around so I'm sure I'll get some digs about being a metal mouth...haha!!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Braced32

#32 Post by Braced32 »

jenny ~

That's too bad that you're prone to tartar. Thankfully, I am not! :D I have sensitive teeth so it's good that they never have to do too much scraping. I like my dentist. Instead of rinsing my mouth with cold water they give me lukewarm water to rinse with. And they polish me teeth first and scrape afterwards to reduce the amount of scraping they need to do. With my sensitive teeth, I'm assuming braces are going to be a PITA!!! :evil:

Hope you have fun at your party! :-88

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)

jenny101101

#33 Post by jenny101101 »

Braced32:Yes, being proned to tartar is no fun but I'm glad my dentist told me that so I'm aware of what I need to do to make it easier for me to keep my teeth healthy. It's nice that your dentist will use warm water since you have sensitive teeth. Finding a dentist and ortho you like is important...makes it much easier! :thumbsup: You're less then 24 hours from being braced...exciting!!

Had a great time at the party. Everyone was surprised to see me braced and asked me questions like "Why do you need braces?" or "Why do you only have braced on top?" and I'd have to get into the whole crowding, overbite, crossbite, etc but I didn't mind. It was kind of fun being the center of attention! (Usually I hate being the center of attention :oops: ).

I've given in and starting using Listerine to help my sore gum area. I've decided to use it for a week...figured that couldn't hurt, and hope it clears up. It's been 2 days since I started using it and it's not sore, just inflamed :( I have virtually no pain now but almost wish I did. At least I'd feel like the braces were doing something but I've heard that's normal so that makes me feel better. Now I'm on the countdown to get my bottom braces on.... +\+ .
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Braced32

#34 Post by Braced32 »

Jenny ~

Glad you had a great time at the party! I definitely won't need to explain to my friends or family why I need braces. It is very evident with all my spaces! :GapToothed:

I tried Listerine the other day just to see what it was like. :yikes: My mouth burned, my tongue burned, and afterwards my tongue felt numb! And that's BEFORE braces!!! I'm not so sure I'm going to want to use that if I have sores in my mouth from the braces! I think I'll be discussing this with my ortho tomorrow......

Yep, I wouldn't be too worried about not being in pain. Heck, you wouldn't want to be in pain 24/7. Would you :?:

GummyH

#35 Post by GummyH »

Hello Jenny!

And wow, you need braced for 22 months? That’s as long as me and your smile is much better than mine. I’m not sure how this timing period works.

And I hope the food thing is getting better. I attempted pizza today and it went quite well. It was very time consuming, however, lol.

Gummy xx

jenny101101

#36 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi all!

Braced32:Yep, Listerine DOES burn but it seems to be working so I'm gonna stick it out until the end of the week. Today is brace day for you!! Depending on where you live in the states, you might actually be getting them installed right now! Can't wait to hear how it went :D .

GummyH:Hmmm....I'm thinking maybe because my teeth are crowded and need to be spaced out, then straightened, then "put" back together. And you, on the other hand, already have spaces that need time to close back up(on the top anyway...we have similar crowding on the bottom). Not really sure. I was actually surprised my ortho said 22 months(he said 20-22, possibly 24) but I'm hoping he's estimating on the higher side and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with an earlier debanding date....we'll see!! +\+ Mmmm....piiiiizzzzaaa!! I attempted garlic fingers 3 days after being braced and it took 15 minutes to eat one little piece :-(( ...not good. Soup has been my main staple but I'm getting better each day at other foods:)

Day 11.....space is getting bigger between my two front teeth! :banana: Nothing others would notice(and I hope I'm not dreaming)but I'm sure it there....c'mon teeth! MOVE!! hehe

Oh, it's so hard to be patience.... :-+
Jenny

browneyedgrl

#37 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Jenny,

Isn't amazing how those little spaces develop??? I noticed one on my bottoms within the first two weeks of getting my braces and then I got a new wire and it closed up, but now other spaces have developed there. I'm also finding new spaces developing on top too, my adjustment is in two days and I can't wait to hear what happens next!

Pizza, what a great thing to eat, but challenging as well... I tried pizza for the first time about 9 days after I was braced. What a chore! I managed to eat it and chewed with my second molars, what a PITA!

Just remember, "Patience is a virtue"

Have a good one!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

SGPWired

#38 Post by SGPWired »

I’m glad you had fun at your party. My friends are impressed with the ‘lingo’ I picked up from AW when I discuss my braced experiences with them. However, I do have to enunciate some of my words better – another reminder that my teeth are moving Yea! :dance:

jenny101101

#39 Post by jenny101101 »

B: Yes, patience IS a virtue!! :wink: Haha, I chew with my 2nd molars too. I'm still nervous I'll break a wire or knock off a bracket, even when I eat bread! :shock: I know...silly :oops:

Wired: Yay!! Teeth moving is good :!: Half the time when I'm reading other posts, I have to stop, open another window and google something b/c I have no idea what the person is talking about. Show me a pic, I'm good!! hehe

Well, my gum is feeling sooo much better. I've tried so many things I'm not sure what actually is healing it but I got a rinse by colgate yesterday and I think it might be what's working. It doesnt' taste great, it wasn't cheap and it foams but, hey, if it's doing the trick....I'll take it!! :D
Jenny

redwingzfan

#40 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey Jenny,

Thanks for the happy b-day comment! I am glad to hear that your gum is feeling better. :-) I am doing well on my day 2 of braces. Not much pain so far. 8)

Best of luck,
-Dave

JML0090

#41 Post by JML0090 »

Hey Jenny,

Just thought id drop in your story since we got braced the same day. Have you got the Waterpik yet? Im interested in hearing if it works very good and, which model works the best. :-}

I have been using crest whitening rinse which has no alcohol and it has peroxide which helps loosen any particles left behind. I truely feel clean after i floss and rinse with this. I also use a floride rinse at night that my ortho gave me. I hope it doesnt stain my teeth as some people have said floride rinses do.... :cry: Im trying to decide if i will continue to use it or not.

Im happy to hear you have seen some movement. I saw some on day 3 but it hasnt changed anymore since. :roll: And im so impaitent also!!

Good luck ill be watching your story! :-*

METALMOUTHPOOH

#42 Post by METALMOUTHPOOH »

jenny101101

hey girl :wink:

Just checking in on ya to see how u are doing :?:

:-1

Braced32

#43 Post by Braced32 »

Hey jenny101101 ~

I actually ate a double cheeseburger from McDonald's today! :D That was definitely an interesting experience! :lol: Can't imagine what it will be like to bite into a cheeseburger with my lowers AND uppers braced! :shock: I almost choked on the pickles! :oops: With my bite plate, my molars don't touch so I couldn't chew up the pickles. With my bite plate, my lower teeth just couldn't bite through the pickles!! And for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to swallow them whole! Next time I'll be ordering my cheeseburger with no pickles or at least remember to take them out before eating!

jenny101101

#44 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi all!

David: Great to hear you're doing well with no pain. Like someone said earlier in my journal(bracedagain, I believe)"That's the way modern orthodontics should be". :D

JML0090:Hey! Thanks for stopping in:) No, didn't get a waterpik yet. I'm not sure if it's in the budget so I'm still debating although I've heard a lot of ppl rave about theirs, so I want one. About rinses, I've never heard of any flouride rinses that stain but now I'm going to check it out. I know the Crest Pro Health will stain after long term use, so I stopped using it. As far as whitening products, I've heard a lot of ppl don't recommend using them while being braced since it can't whiten the part your bracket is covering...just a thought. :idea:

Pooh: I'm doing great! Can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks...yay! I haven't been around much the last few days. I had family home. I'm gonna have lots of reading to do to catch up on everyone's journals...hehe!

Braced32:Haha! Lesson learned :P ! Note to self: no pickles on burgers....It's great you at a burger though! I was on day 8 before I attempted one and I cut it up...you just bit right in, huh? :o You're one brave lady :thumbsup: . Good for you!

Well, I'm still bothered by that upper gum but not near as bad. It's almost all gone(swelling) and now my lower one on the same side is inflamed!! :evil: I can't figure out what the heck is going on. I know I brushed too hard on that side and my back tooth on the opposite side what feeling really sensitive so I started using sensodyne. Wonder if brushing too hard mixed with starting a new toothpaste(allergic?)could be it. Looks like I'll be breaking out the listerine again. The colgate rinse is only supposed to be used for 7 days at a time. Grrrrrr! I love my braces but I'm really hating my gums! lol :soremouth:
Jenny

browneyedgrl

#45 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Jen,

Don't be silly... If something breaks, we get it fixed, but hopefully the brackets and wires are secure. When in doubt of eating something, cut it up small and go from there.

Did you call the dentist or ortho regarding your gums? Maybe you should just do salt water rinses in the meantime or maybe you need a perscription.

Take care,

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]