Pearls - Update - 6th adjustment. Pics page 9!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pearls

#61 Post by pearls »

So next week (Wednesday) I am scheduled for my 1st adjustment! I am so excited! I can't wait to change my lig colours and have something new :D I hope they change my wire to a stronger one, but I have a feeling they won't quite yet.

My teeth are fine, and have been for the three weeks they have been braced. They were a bit tender a couple of days ago, and I had to be careful eating, but that passed very quickly. I think I have been very lucky with the pain so far. I never believed it when I read it, but it is true that spacers are the most painful thing in this journey, or from what I've experienced so far!

Thanks to everyone for dropping by and reading my story :D

Take care,
Pearls
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

callmeswtmisery

#62 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Pearls,

I know your pain...I have been reading your whole story. I am only at the spacers part, and I go to get my braces on 5-20-08!!!!

pearls

#63 Post by pearls »

Gosh I am so frustrated with myself! I thought my first adjustment was tomorrow, but it was in fact today, so I missed it!!! :-+ :-(*

I was looking forward to it so much, and I was so excited about getting my colours changed. They coudn't even squeeze me in anywhere. :-(( So the best they could do was make the date for what would have been my 2nd adjustment a week earlier, to June 10. That is 4 weeks away! I'm too impatient for that!

I know I probably didn't miss out on anything, because this would have been my first adjustment, and by the sounds of things they only change the ligs anyway, no new wires or anything. But I am still annoyed. Especially in my case, I don't think they would have changed anything, because my ortho is overseas, so a replacement ortho is working. So I guess I'm lucky in that sense.

I make myself so mad! Has anyone else accidentally missed an appointment?

Pearls.
Metal upper and lowers

Faerydust

#64 Post by Faerydust »

Aww. You probably didn't miss much like you said, but I know how anxious I get and can understand your disappointment. At my first adjustment I only had lig changes on the bottom and a full wire added to the top. Nothing exciting.

I haven't missed an ortho appointment, but I did the same thing with a a radiology appointment to have an echocardiogram for my heart murmur. I was so nervous and anxious and somehow got my dates mixed up and showed up the day after. I couldn't get another appointment for another few weeks. When I finally went they didn't find anything concerning, but it was horrible having to wait those extra weeks.
My Braces Story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=25137
4/23/08 - Upper 1st premolars & lower impacted wisdoms extracted
-Getting lowers rebraced Aug. 30th-
Certified Dental Assistant

kittymeow84

#65 Post by kittymeow84 »

Oh that is awful - I would be angry at myself too.

Maybe you should put it in your diary - or if you dont carry one, then put a reminder in your phone for your next adjustment as soon as you leave the ortho from the previous one.

I put my adjustment in my diary - BUT when I got my braces on I had the day mixed up too - however I thought I was going on the day before I was supposed to. That keen! Heh.

Also - doesn't your ortho's office call you the day before to confirm? Mine do. Helps when you're waiting ages between adjustments. :)
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

pearls

#66 Post by pearls »

I know it is awful! I actually did write it in my diary! haha. The weird thing was, that I had the correct date written in my diary, but for some strange reason, my brain thought it was the following day. No my ortho office don't call me. I wish they did, that would be so handy. Or even just a quick text. Strange thing was, they didn't even call me when I missed it. I only noticed I missed it that afternoon, and I had to call them. In the future I will put my adjustments as reminders in my mobile phone. That is a very good idea kitty!

The good news is that I am starting to like these lig colours again! So at least I get to enjoy these colours for a couple more weeks before trying new ones. I also got a lot of homework done in the time when I should have been at my adjustment, so at least it wasn't a complete loss.

I will post pics tomorrow of my one month progress. One month already! It's crazy!

Take care
pearls.
Metal upper and lowers

pearls

#67 Post by pearls »

So today was my one month braces birthday! :-V

I have to say that so far this experience has been very easy, and I am sooo glad that I bit the bullet and went ahead with getting braces. I can't believe I am already 1/18th through my treatment! I owe a huge thanks to all the archwired members who have given encouragement and support throughout this whole experience. I am very grateful for it.

Here are my one month pics compared to brace day..

DAY 1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1 MONTH

Image Image

Image Image My molar build up fell off while cleaning my teeth!

Image Image

PRE BRACES ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 MONTH

Image Image

So what do you all think?

Take care,
Pearls
Metal upper and lowers

jenny101101

#68 Post by jenny101101 »

OMG Pearls!! That's amazing progress in just one month! :banana: Your bottom teeth are lined up so nicely!

I'm glad to hear your experience has been positive so far...keep up the great attitude!! :D Enjoy your weekend!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Unhappy teeth

#69 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Fantastic- your bottom teeth look straight already! Great progress :dance:

Flaka

#70 Post by Flaka »

Great progress Pearls. Big difference on those bottom teeth and so quick! :dance:

Miss Smiley

#71 Post by Miss Smiley »

Pearls, your archwire is straightening out so quickly! As soon as you know it, your teeth will all be in order!!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

*melissa*

#72 Post by *melissa* »

Hey Pearls, just dropping by to say hi! :D
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!!
How are your braces doing??

Chrissy

#73 Post by Chrissy »

Amazing to see the results so quickly isn't it?! :) Your smile is amazing already!

shoezy

#74 Post by shoezy »

Hello pearls,
Love the color of your ligs, I have Damons so chain of color for me (overbearing if other than grey/silver) instead of individual. Keep smiling hun...

-S

----------
braces on: Feb 2005
braces off: Nov 2008

pearls

#75 Post by pearls »

Aww everyone is so nice here! It makes me so happy to come to this page and read all the wonderful comments on my story, and everyone else's posts. I have been naughty, and have been slack at keeping my story up to date!

My braces are going great. Just today I had this girl say to me "Your teeth are perfect how long have you had braces for?". To me my teeth are not perfect, but I suppose to the untrained eye, who can only see 50% of my teeth (since the other 50% are covered by metal!), they may not look half bad! So I was very happy when she said that.

Oh and what some people have said about their teeth feeling loose, I totally understand that now! I hadn't actually tried to 'wobble' my teeth until today, but when i did take hold of a couple of my teeth, they were certainly a bit loose. But I imagine that is a good thing, because it means the teeth are on the move!

Also, the wire on my top row, especially on the right side, has started to poke out and is stabbing me! Yesterday all of a sudden my cheek became caught, and I could barely move it! Such a bizarre feeling! I ended up having to just pull my cheecks back which yanked the wire out of my cheek. So hopefully that issue will get sorted out soon.

I can't wait until my 1st adjustment (since I missed it a couple of weeks ago!). It is in 7 days!! yay! I really hope I get a new wire on the top and bottom. And I still think I will get dark pink ligs on top, and baby pink ligs on bottom.

Thanks shoezy, melissa and chrissy! Your comments really made my day :D and melissa you are welcome for the comment from me! I love to stop by your story and see where your progress is at.

Look forward to see new pics in a week! I should have new ligs, and hopefully new wires!

Take care,
Pearls
Metal upper and lowers