Katie's Ortho Adventure-almost 10 mos! new pics pg 8

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouthmommy

#136 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Thanks Melissa!

I love the look of your new braces too!!!!

oharabrat

your progress

#137 Post by oharabrat »

looking at your photos has been a big help into my decision of getting braces. Thanks for the help. your teeth look great!

metalmouthmommy

#138 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Oharabrat-
That makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside to know my situation helped someone else make such a life changing decision! :rose:
I remember when I would sit for hours reading other peoples stories and looking at pictures wondering if I should slap braces on my teeth at 32! Looking at others journeys were my inspiration.
Honestly, it's been the BEST thing I've ever done for myself. My insecurities are gone now that my teeth are straight!!!! I can't wait for the day when they are off....don't get me wrong; but even in the interim- I am happy!
Good luck in your journey! I can't wait to follow your story and see pictures! Make sure you document every step of the way. It's so cool to go back and see how far you've come. Because you sincerely forget how "bad" you were to start after a while!
Congrats on the best decision you'll ever make!!! :jump:

browneyedgrl

#139 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Katie,

Your teeth are looking great!!! I'm having such a hard time trying to log on these days, I must update my story.

I hope all is well and looking forward to hear about your next adjustment.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

metalmouthmommy

#140 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Had my umpteenth adjustment yesterday :wink:
They took out my old wires on top and bottom and put in the big dogs......holy smokes! I'm *still* feelin this adjustment today! The squareish wires are tough!!!

Doc came and checked out my teeth; said he loved the way everything was looking/all lined up perfect. Now "we are just working on your bite and you are done."!!!!!!!!!! Next appt we are gonna start the elastics back up again. I am SO excited to think this is finally winding down!!!!!

pics soon........

Andromeda

#141 Post by Andromeda »

Yay congrats! I also had an adjustment yesterday and ohhh the pain :( But my teeth are really moving since I got a new archwire and elastics last month. That's awesome that your ortho had such high praise to give! Sounds like you are getting really close and that is awesome 8)

browneyedgrl

#142 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Katie,

It seems like you at the home stretch, yeah!!! Can't wait to see your pics! I had my adjustment yesterday and now you have to read my story to find out what's happening....

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

metalmouthmommy

#143 Post by metalmouthmommy »

This is what we are still working on; trying to get the bite right on the left side.

[/img]

jenny101101

#144 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Katie,

Your teeth are amazing! Glad to hear you're on the home stretch...me too!! Race ya to the end? lol

How are the bigger wires treating you now? I think when I went from round to rectangular wires my teeth were sore for at least a week but moving from a smaller rectangular to a larger rectangular wasn't so bad. Keep us posted! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

metalmouthmommy

#145 Post by metalmouthmommy »

What a long race to the end!!!! This elastic journey is sure a long process. I am getting there slowly but surely. Still workin on the cross bite. I am in double tortoise elastics 24/7 now, have been for the last two months. The pressure it puts on my jaw is never ending! But I am willing to endure whatever it takes to get these damn things OFF!!!
My next appt. is July 14th to see if there is any more progress. They are done changing wires, he said he is going to "shape" the unruly little tooth that was finally pulled in on the bottom on the next visit. And that we will discuss how we are going to "shave/shape/bond" the worn down teeth now that they are all in line. Here are some updated pics. Not a lot different from the last time I posted. I wish I had more progress!!!!!

metalmouthmommy

#146 Post by metalmouthmommy »

What a long race to the end!!!! This elastic journey is sure a long process. I am getting there slowly but surely. Still workin on the cross bite. I am in double tortoise elastics 24/7 now, have been for the last two months. The pressure it puts on my jaw is never ending! But I am willing to endure whatever it takes to get these damn things OFF!!!
My next appt. is July 14th to see if there is any more progress. They are done changing wires, he said he is going to "shape" the unruly little tooth that was finally pulled in on the bottom on the next visit. And that we will discuss how we are going to "shave/shape/bond" the worn down teeth now that they are all in line. Here are some updated pics. Not a lot different from the last time I posted. I wish I had more progress!!!!!

metalmouthmommy

#147 Post by metalmouthmommy »

metalmouthmommy

#148 Post by metalmouthmommy »

a triple post?!!! wth?! :D

metalmouthmommy

#149 Post by metalmouthmommy »

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels/felt like elastics weren't working AT ALL for them????

I am getting so frusterated! With all of the achy jaw pain I am having one would think you could see SOME movement....but alas, nothing. My bite looks exactly the same as it has for the last six or so months :evil:

Miranbrady20

#150 Post by Miranbrady20 »

i been using elastics for about 2 -3 months now and to tell you the truth the only time i ever saw alot of movement was when i tripled up with rubberbands. my ortho told me to use one at day 2 at night but when i switch to 3 24/7 for about 4 days it moved my cross bite superfast! but boy was it alot of pressure... but anyway... i now have elastics on my canines to my molars to pull my bite in a bit and im on the most lose band with just one on each side and that enoght to make me take advil all the time but as far as movement i havent seen much since i put these new ons one but on monday i switch to the tighter ones and idk how they will feel! anyways thats how i saw improvment using elastics.. :P good luck your teeth look great!