Katie's Ortho Adventure-almost 10 mos! new pics pg 8

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouthmommy

#151 Post by metalmouthmommy »

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/ma ... eth008.jpg

New elastic configuration, new bend in bottom wire to stop tooth from flaring. I am seeing *some* change as opposed to last post!
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a hint of a deband date next appointment! I go back on August 18th :)

metalmouthmommy

#152 Post by metalmouthmommy »

oops here are the pics

amandajane

Wow!

#153 Post by amandajane »

I am amazed at your progress, I think you'll be very happy when retainer time comes.

Looks like you might need rubberbands for the back molars , though! Looks to me like you've keept your teeth in good shape, that's something to be commended of.

my story: viewtopic.php?t=31380

metalmouthmommy

#154 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Thank you AmandaJane!

I too am afraid I am in for another round of rubberbands for my molars!
I was wishing I would have them off by Sept. for my 20 year grammar school reunion, but at this point it aint lookin so good ;)

metalmouthmommy

#155 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Just got back from an appt. this morning.

Doc said I have some more time in my triangle configure on my left side. I also got chains which is a first for me, he said they were to start closing up any little gaps. Next appt on Sept. 15th he is bending the wire on my worn down tooth on the top to bring it down so it is even with the other tooth and will shape it for me! Wahoo! I was thinking that would have to be bonded, so that was a nice surprise.

My original release time was 18-24mos. I am at 18 now, and was told that I would have them off by November the latest. He wants a few more appts. to really finish things off. I am OK with that too. Since I have hung in this long, I want them to be as perfect as they can be :)

I will upload pics later!

amandajane

response

#156 Post by amandajane »

I was looking at your pictures, you might want to look into sealants for the molars and maybe the premolars. You don't want to lose the teeth due to decay.
Love the pictures.

metalmouthmommy

#157 Post by metalmouthmommy »

That is tetrocyclin staining actually....i,ve never had a cavity yet :shock: :lol:

metalmouthmommy

#158 Post by metalmouthmommy »

As of 9/2/09. My next appointment is on Tuesday :)

metalmouthmommy

#159 Post by metalmouthmommy »

the bottom arch is not recent in my last grouping. here is the bottom arch today.

metalmouthmommy

#160 Post by metalmouthmommy »

The day has finally come.......the one I thought I'd never get to, LOL. The day I FINALLY hear the words, "Well, next appointment they are coming off! Let's make your impressions and I will see you in two weeks!" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :dance: :rawk: To say I am thrilled is an understatement! I came home and immediately scheduled my appointment for a cleaning the afternoon they come off! I will post pics on October 20th when they are naked!!!!

For those that are just starting this journey, it really is so worth it. I swear this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. When I look back on pics and how uncomfortable I was in my own skin, I cringe. I have such a bright (smiling) future to look forward to now! And the 19 months went by very quickly all in all.

Thanks to all of the friends I made here thru out my journey for always making me feel better when I was down in the dumps :flowerbloom:

See you in TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenny101101

#161 Post by jenny101101 »

Yay, that's terrific Katie!!! :D :banana: I can't wait to see your "naked" pics!

I agree on the "so worth it" part. I'm thrilled with my results and from what I can tell with your pics, you will be too. Your teeth look great!!

I'm looking forward to your update in two weeks...WOOHOO!!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

browneyedgrl

#162 Post by browneyedgrl »

WooHoo!!! That is awesome!!! Can't wait to see nekkid pics!!!

It's time to change your ticker!!!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Emms

#163 Post by Emms »

Congratulations :D You must be so happy. Cannot wait to see the pics in 2 weeks time!!!

petitcanard

#164 Post by petitcanard »

Yay!!! Congrats! You must be so happy :) Can't wait to see pics, your teeth are going to look great!!

My story lives here

Ladybird

#165 Post by Ladybird »

How exciting!! congratulations!

I love seeing the final end pictures next to the 'before' pictures.. can't wait!

x