redwingzfan's Braces Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

redwingzfan

#31 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey Jenny!,

I am doing well. Still some pain when I bite down on some teeth. Also I can't bite anything with my front teeth. Nothing too bad though :-) At least I can eat regular foods.

Thanks for the congrats on the baby. I am excited! :-)

Here is a comparison of day 1 and day 7. My two central incisors (#8 and 9) are starting to overlap each other a little bit which I found weird. Has anyone else had this issue?

Day 1 => Image Day 7 => Image

-Dave

acd

#32 Post by acd »

Hi Dave,

Good to hear that all is going well. There's not nearly as much pain or discomfort as I expected. I know what you are saying about this being easier as a teenager but back then 25 + years ago for me it meant full metal bands, no ni-ti wires, headgear and either 4 extractions or an expander. My son started out close to where you were and after seeing his improvemnet after a month was what inspired me to go ahead an get braces. You'll see and feel a lot of bite changes--don't get alarmed it's the final result that counts.

redwingzfan

#33 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everybody,

Well its day 14 of my journey. Nothing new to report except I have no pain anymore. I have been able to eat most foods and bite with all teeth. I don't think that there has been movement so far. I can't wait for my first adjustment, it is not until April 29. It seems like time is going by so slow.

Well ttyl,
Dave

Chrissy

#34 Post by Chrissy »

Looks great, I had mine fitted same time as you and I have to say I got used to it by now. :)

redwingzfan

#35 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everyone,

Well its day 21 of my journey. Nothing new to report. No pain :-)
I don't notice any movement yet :-(

-Dave

jenny101101

#36 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Dave,

That's great you're not having any pain...me neither really. Just an ache here and there. Be patient...you'll notice movement soon, I'm sure :D . My one month pics didn't really show any change but then I took a pic yesterday(only 3 days after 1 month) and I can see a little change, so it's coming!!

Chat soon :computer: .
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Katt

#37 Post by Katt »

don't get discouraged about not seeing movement. It will come in time. I notice the difference when I look at pictures I take several weeks apart. But like many of us I think we stare at our teeth so much we don't notice the small stuff.

redwingzfan

#38 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everyone,

Well its day 28 of my journey. Nothing new to report. Just some soreness with my cuspids. Thanks for the encouragement, I know there will be movement but it will take time :-)

-Dave

melliemoo

#39 Post by melliemoo »

You are so funny! Like a little kid who can barely wait for Christmas. I KNOW your teeth are moving even just a little tiny bit.

redwingzfan

#40 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everyone,

Its day 53 of my journey, lots of news to report.

I got my first adjustment of Thursday. The orthodontist asked if I wanted to go normal or aggressive with the adjustment. I said aggressive since I did not have much pain in the beginning. I have not had much pain yet so I am happy that I went aggressive. They put steel wires on the bottom and I think the top wires are not heat activated like my first ones. They are much thicker wires (I think they said 18, I don't know what that means though). Also they put stoppers on the right side (upper and lowers). They look like little sleeves of metal that they put over the wires.

It looks like I have had a lot of movement, especially on those cuspids!

Here are some pics from day 1 and today.
Day 1 =>ImageImage<=Day 53

Well ttyl,
-Dave

browneyedgrl

#41 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Dave,

Sound like you had a great appointment! Wow... .018, that's the big stuff! Are you having any discomfort? Looks like you had tons of movement especially with your cuspids. Look forward to hearing more.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

jenny101101

#42 Post by jenny101101 »

Wow, Dave!! I see a ton of movement...you must be thrilled!! :banana: And .018 wire? Holy, I'm still on a .013 on upper and lower :( . Oh well, I'm glad to hear things are going well with not much pain....your teeth look terrific!! :thumbsup:
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

acd

#43 Post by acd »

Nice progress Dave!

kittymeow84

#44 Post by kittymeow84 »

Gee those teeth sure are moving! Excellent progress - I can't wait to see another month down the track.

Heheh its good you can hack the pain - means you might get done faster ;) Fingers crossed!
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

SGPWired

#45 Post by SGPWired »

Great movement! :jump:
You are lucky to see results so quickly! Good luck with the rest of your journey.