redwingzfan's Braces Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Katt

#16 Post by Katt »

So glad to hear you were able to eat some real food. I didn't floss for the first week because my teeth were so sensitive. You are much braver than I!! Try super floss oral b and glide make some it has the threader end on it which make life SO much easier.

Hope you continue to have great luck with minimal pain and I love the braces they look good!

Katt

#17 Post by Katt »

So glad to hear you were able to eat some real food. I didn't floss for the first week because my teeth were so sensitive. You are much braver than I!! Try super floss oral b and glide make some it has the threader end on it which make life SO much easier.

Hope you continue to have great luck with minimal pain and I love the braces they look good!

redwingzfan

#18 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey Katt,

I was amazed that I would be able to eat real food and floss so soon. I was able to floss most of my teeth yesterday without the floss threader :-) I feel fortunate that I have not had much pain so far. Thanks for the complements, I actually like how my braces look too :-)

Take care,
-Dave

LynB

#19 Post by LynB »

Happy B-Day, and I am glad you had no pain with your wisdom teeth.

KellyO

#20 Post by KellyO »

hey Dave, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I feel much better today. I just had a lot of tenderness but nothing I couldn't tolerate. Our teeth in braces look a lot alike. I will try and post some pics soon so you can see.
Hope you continue to do well!

JML0090

hi

#21 Post by JML0090 »

Hey, I also Found that the sonicare I got feels much better on my teeth than the manual one!! So odd isnt it. :crazy:

Braced32

#22 Post by Braced32 »

Hi redwingzfan ~

Congrats on getting braced! I was braced 3/3 - so we have VERY close B-Days! :D

I'm thinking I might have to get me a Sonicare toothbrush! I've been using a manual one. I think it's doing a good job but I'm one of those that uses a death grip and therefore, brush too hard! I've even made my gums recede some! I need to lighten up!

My ortho required me to buy a Waterpik from him when I was braced so I believe that takes the place of flossing. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong. The impression I get from the box is that anyways. And my ortho said nothing about flossing. Just brushing and Water Picking!

What kind of Sonicare do you have?

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)

JML0090

#23 Post by JML0090 »

Braced32,

my ortho still recommends flossing. I have the sonicare that is made for braces. Its the e3000 i got mine from my ortho but i have seen them at target for about 29.99 I also have a 100.00 sonicare from before i had braces. but i dont think its any better than the 30.00 one my ortho gave me. They both work great and, the one for braces works better on my braced teeth b/c of its shape and bristle softness.

kittymeow84

#24 Post by kittymeow84 »

Loving the braces :D

You just watch that wire straighten out - I bet you've noticed changes already!
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

redwingzfan

#25 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everybody,

Well its day 4 of my journey. My front teeth seem to be getting less sensitive now. My left molars seem to still be a little sore when I bite down. My right molars have no pain at all. :-)

I have been eating all of my food on my right side for now. I went out and ate pizza yesterday. It really got stuck in the braces. I know that I will need to carry my travel toothbrush and toothpaste with me. :roll: Its going to be weird brushing my teeth everywhere I eat out but I will get used to it.

LynB: I think that I am lucky that my wisdom teeth did not give me any pain. I read a lot of other stories where they did hurt for others. My wisdom teeth were not under the gum so maybe that is why the pain was less.

KellyO: I am happy to hear that you are feeling better :-) I can't wait to see your braces pictures.

JML0090: I did not know that they made a Sonicare especially for braces. I had to purchase mine. I think that I push a lot harder with the manual toothbrush than the Sonicare.

Braced32: Congrats on getting braced too! Currently I do not use a Waterpik. I do floss though. I have the Sonicare Elite 7300.

kittymeow84: Thanks for the complements. It is hard for me to tell if there has been any movement yet.

UPDATE: I thought that I would add a picture of my teeth before the extractions.

Well thanks for all of the messages,
-Dave
redwingzfan

melliemoo

#26 Post by melliemoo »

Congratulations on your B-day! You are so lucky to not have too much pain. If my ortho had been open on the Friday after I was braced I would have called to tell him to take the archwire out! I knew I had nowhere to go but to the future since I had a lower central incisor extracted but still....
Look forward to seeing your progress!

redwingzfan

#27 Post by redwingzfan »

Thanks for the congrats Melliemoo! Most of my pain happens only when I bite on the left side. I am lucky that my right side does not hurt or I would have no area to chew on! :-)

-Dave

melliemoo

#28 Post by melliemoo »

I know that feeling! Today I tried eating a sandwich without cutting it into little squares and, boy, the pressure on my front teeth hurt. I know you want your canines to move; it may take a little while. Take lots of photos because as you compare them, you'll be amazed! You are going to love your finished smile. I wish I would have done this long ago but better late than never I suppose.

redwingzfan

#29 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey Melliemoo,
I am thinking about taking pictures weekly and comparing them. I am real excited to start seeing some results. I also wish that I would of done this when I was a teenager. It would have been cheaper :-)

-Dave

jenny101101

#30 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Dave,

So, it's a week today! How's it going?

BTW, I noticed on a couple of your posts you have a ticker counting down until baby is born....congrats! :-)o
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.