redwingzfan's Braces Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

redwingzfan

redwingzfan's Braces Journey

#1 Post by redwingzfan »

Hi everyone,

My name is David. I am 25 and I will be getting braces on March 4th. 2008! I will be getting upper and lower metal braces and will have to wear elastics at some point.

I just got 4 extractions on February 15th. They extracted the 2 upper wisdom teeth and 2 upper first bicuspids. I am amazed that there was no pain during the procedure and no pain now :-) I already had 2 lower molars extracted when I was younger so I did not need the lower wisdom teeth extracted :-)

Well I will put up some before pictures and start posting some more on March 4th!

I would also like to say how happy I am to have this website for encouragement and support on my braces journey!

Thanks,
David
redwingzfan

redwingzfan

#2 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to followup on my first post with some more info.
The bicuspids I had extracted were teeth #5 and #12.

My orthodontist said that my problems were deepbite, overjet, crossbite, midline is off and some to severe crowding.

His treatment plan is upper and lower braces for 2 years with rubberband (elastic) wear and followed up with retainers.

I will try taking some before pics soon. I tried taking some today but they did not look good :-(

-Dave
redwingzfan

jenny101101

Welcome

#3 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi David... Welcome to AW! :-1 Keep us posted and I look forward to seeing those pics :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

redwingzfan

#4 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the supportive messages!

Here is a before pic.

I will be getting the braces on March 4th! I will post some pics then :-)

-David
redwingzfan

redwingzfan

#5 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everybody,

Well tomorrow is the big day! :-)
I will post some pics with the new braces soon!
Some of my friends think that I am crazy for being excited about getting braces but I am excited! It will be nice to have straight teeth one day. 8)

Thanks,
-Dave
redwingzfan
Last edited by redwingzfan on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kittymeow84

#6 Post by kittymeow84 »

HAPPY BRACE-DAY!! :-88 :-V :jump:

Good luck!!! I can't wait to see your photos :D
Don't forget the pain killers and lip balm!
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

KellyO

#7 Post by KellyO »

Hi David,
I have pretty much the same problem as you but I think I am a bit worse.
I will be getting my braces on tomorrow too. I go for 9:10 I am nervous but really excited. I will definately be checking back w/ you to see how you are.
Good luck!

Katt

#8 Post by Katt »

Happy brace day! Drink lots of water and make sure you have plenty of soft foods around.

redwingzfan

#9 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everyone,

I was reading other peoples stories and I read that a lot of people have had banding and needed spacers before it. I know that I have a few fillings on my molars. I really want my braces tomorrow. I hope that I won't need spacers. Well I guess I will see tomorrow morning.

Good night everyone!,
-Dave
redwingzfan

browneyedgrl

#10 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Dave,

Happy B-day!!! Good luck tomorrow!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

browneyedgrl

#11 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Dave,

Happy B-day!!! Good luck tomorrow!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

redwingzfan

#12 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everyone,

I finally got my braces today! They are 3M SmartClip self-ligating. No pain yet, just some pressure.

UPDATE: Just thought that I would put some more info about the braces. They did not put brackets on my back molars (top and bottom). I also noticed hooks on the back brackets (probably for future elastic wear).

Here are some pics of day 1:

Later,
-Dave
redwingzfan
Last edited by redwingzfan on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jenny101101

#13 Post by jenny101101 »

Woohoo!! Lookin' goooood :banana: !

Happy B-day :-)o :-V !!

I hope you have very little pain...keep us updated :D .
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

redwingzfan

#14 Post by redwingzfan »

Hey everybody,

Well its day 2 of my braces journey.

I did brush and floss last night. :-) It took me 45 minutes to floss but I did it. :wink: I used the GUM Eez-Thru Floss Threaders and it worked well. I also used Oral-B Satin Floss and it seemed to shred a lot and kept getting stuck to the brackets. I also used the Oral-B manual toothbrush my dentist gave me. I did not want to try the Sonicare yet since my teeth were so sensitive. I also used my Prevident toothpaste.

I am not really feeling any pain yet but my front teeth are very sensitive and my molar hurt when I bite down. Also my cheeks are a little sore.

I am pretty happy with how it is going so far. I have been eating lots of yogurt and cottage cheese and soup.

Update: This evening I ate some real food. I ate 2 hot dogs and some summer sausage. I had to chew on the right side, the left side hurt when I bit down. After that I brushed my teeth with my Sonicare for the first time. I think that the manual toothbrush hurt more than the Sonicare :-)

Well have a good day!,
-Dave
redwingzfan

SGPWired

#15 Post by SGPWired »

Great pics! You'll be amazed at the movement, and congratulations on your new journey!