Twinjoy wants to smile again!It's been awhile....

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kara

#31 Post by Kara »

Hi Twinjoy! Ouch! Spacers suck! I hope you have better luck with them than I did. Keep that advil handy and hang in. That's great that the doc is seeing movement. Congrats! :D

Take care.
Kara

Miss Chastity

#32 Post by Miss Chastity »

I hear all of these horror stories about spacers and I'm definitely thankful that I didn't get any. Hope they aren't causing ya too much discomfort!

I'm going to continue to follow your progress!

Twinjoy

#33 Post by Twinjoy »

So I am on my way to my first adjustment and to have my lower braces placed. But on the way I am going to go eat a mexican buffet, I know I wont feel like eating much after. Anyway, I will post pics when I get back. I think I am going to go with metallic blue for my ligs!

Twinjoy

#34 Post by Twinjoy »

Well bad news, the ortho said my top teeth haven't moved enough to put on my bottom braces without worrying I might bite them off. So another long wait, but honestly my bottom teeth don't need much work so I really don't mind another month and a half of no bottom braces.

Because I am getting them done for free on a military base I can't complain too much but the ortho is the only one on base and he is going TDY (temporary duty) for the entire month of may so my appt isn't until Jun 3rd. Anyway I will post pics later when I get home and take some and everyone can ooohhh and aaawww over all my movement!
Last edited by Twinjoy on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britlaw

#35 Post by Britlaw »

Hi Twinjoy, hang in there....I didnt see any difference in my first adjustment but then loads happened between the first and second. Now, between second and third nothing has happened. No discernable movement at this stage doesnt mean no progress and you shouldnt be downhearted. No matter what happens in the beginning (and there are some 'wow' initial photos on here) everyone seems to make equally wonderful progress over similar periods of time - most of us are quoted total treatment times of over 20 - 36 months and you are right at the beginning.

Remember how long you have been with your crooked teeth and put into perspective the relatively very short period of time you are desiring to see an 'instant' change. Stop looking so often and you will all of a sudden ask yourself "how the heck did that happen?!" (well, I said WTF! LOL).

And remember, you get your braces 'free' for a reason - i.e. that you are prepared to sacrifice a lot to keep all of us safe and free, so thats the very least we as a global society can do for you (but lets hope you find out in more ways than that :) )

Twinjoy

#36 Post by Twinjoy »

So here are some pictures after my first adjustment, I can't get my camera to cooperate with me so I added some effects so they wouldn't look so bad. But the tooth that sticks out so far has had LOTS of movement, the smaller tooth next to it is the one that is causing my bottoms to be stalled. The ligs I chose this time are metallic purple. I think next time I will go with a pale blue or purple.
As you can tell the first pic is my first adj and the second is before braces.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Unhappy teeth

#37 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Wow! That's a huge amount of movement in 1 month. I hope mine get moving that quickly. With that much movement I'm sure your teeth will be ready for lowers to go on in June.

Good luck, I look forward to following your story

jenny101101

#38 Post by jenny101101 »

Oh wow, Twinjoy, that IS a lot of movement! YAY! :thumbsup:

That's too bad about your lowers being postponed but *fingers crossed* you'll get them next appt.
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Bekah

#39 Post by Bekah »

Wow! There is alot of movement! I certainly hope you get to have you bottoms put on at the next appt.

BTW as someone said above, you work very hard and sacrafice alot for the USA. Your braces aren't "free", you earn them every day of your life!

I can't wait to see more pictures!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

elpi

#40 Post by elpi »

wow twinjoy :shock: that front tooth has moved heaps! well done tooth! well done you :D

:jump:

Twinjoy

#41 Post by Twinjoy »

Thanks Unhappy Teeth, jenny101101, Bekah, Rage31, and elpi for stopping by.
The past couple of days my upper right back molar band was causing lots of pain to my cheeks that no amount of wax would fix so I finally went in to get it fixed. Of course the ortho was not going to be in for the next couple of days so I went to sick call where a regular dentist tried to help. Thank goodness the assistant used to be an assistant in the ortho office so after the dentist couldn't clip the poking wire she took the clippers and amazingly clipped it on the first try then he prescribe me some "magic mouth rinse". The first time I tried swishing that in my mouth I spit it out almost immediatly. I can't stand my entire mouth feeling numb like that so I have since decided to use a Q-tip and dip it in the jar then rub it on the offending area and it works perfectly! So now I can eat and talk again with little to no pain and am loving it.

P.S
Thanks Britlaw and Bekah for your support of the military. It is greatly appreciated and much needed. Especially in times when we are away from family and the comforts of home.

Kara

#42 Post by Kara »

Hi Twinjoy!!!

Wow! Wow! and Wow!!! Your teeth have moved A LOT.... and in only one month. You can see a huge difference in your front teeth in the before and afters. That's awesome! :jump:

I look forward to following your story and seeing your smile improve more and more!

Take care!
Kara

Twinjoy

New pics!

#43 Post by Twinjoy »

Been awhile and plenty of change so I thought I would show some progress pics. My second adjustment isn't until June 3rd and I have a cleaning scheduled for June 11 just before my family and I fly home to the US to visit family and celebrate my twin boys second birthday. I can't wait to change the color of my ligs and want to go with something lighter next time, if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

I haven't really been in pain but I have been feeling like no matter how long I brush or how much I use mouthwash or floss my mouth just doesn't feel clean and fresh I am hoping the dentist visit will help with that. Also at my next adjustment I am going to ask if he will let me brush my teeth when he takes the wire out because I feel maybe that is why it feels icky.

In terms of movement I now have a gap in between my front teeth and it gets pretty aggravating. I have now mastered the disgusting talent of sucking any and all food particles that get stuck in said gap lol. Until next time Konnichiwa!

browneyedgrl

#44 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Twin,

OMG... you have had so much movement!!! Looking good!!! You must be so excited to come home with your family. Have your boys been to the states yet?

Good luck with your next adjustment and cleaning. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Take care,
B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Twinjoy

#45 Post by Twinjoy »

My sons were actually born in the states. They were born in Phoenix, Arizona where we were stationed until they were 15 months. So it has only been about 6 months since they have been in the US and I am sure they don't even notice a difference except they don't see their grandparents as often as they used to.