The Martin Boyce Story - NEW PICS - 7th ADJUSTMENT TODAY

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TumbleDryLow

#331 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Your teeth look great! I hope everything works out so you can have a brace-free holiday season. (I'm jealous. I'm stuck with my braces until at least spring/summer.)

martinboyce

#332 Post by martinboyce »

Hi everyone,

good news and bad news.... good news i have my debanding date, bad news its after xmas and new years.

Assuming everything looks good for my decemeber appointment i shall be debanded on the 18th Jan 2010

Until then im now having to wear my eleastics different again, this time to work on my bite as my molars have obviouly moved a bit and they need to settle down in their news homes.

im wearing them as much as i can.

I have had a 45 min appointment booked for the debanding and a further appointment to pick up my retainer.

Im both excited and aprehensive, but overall im happy that the journey is nearly at an end. It has been a long long time and im about ready to meet the world a much smilier person :D

Big Hug \o/

TumbleDryLow

#333 Post by TumbleDryLow »

That's great news! What a wonderful holiday present. (Albeit a bit late.) Any chance your ortho will let you video the debanding process?

martinboyce

#334 Post by martinboyce »

I can but ask.....

Howard, Helen or Dani if your reading this (as they sometimes do) can you find out if i can stick a camera in the corner of the room to film my debanding please :D

yj207

#335 Post by yj207 »

wow your teeth look very clean
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

Under Construction

#336 Post by Under Construction »

Martin, that's so exciting for you! It's also a bit disappointing since I like reading your humorous and intelligent posts!

martinboyce

The End is Nigh!

#337 Post by martinboyce »

Hiya everyone.

Big news update.

On monday i went for my penultimate brace adjustment.

this is about my 23rd adjustment since the beginning and my last one.

Howard my ortho had a jolly good poke and check around my mouth as well as consulting my before photos and record. He decided there and then that it would be in my best interest to have a fixed retainer as well as a removeable one.
I was at first confused and kinda worried about it as i had very different image of what a fixed retainer was. What im actually getting is a wire around the inside of my front 4 upper teeth which is glued directly to the teeth. Due to the amount of movement my teeth have undergone this year it is likely that they would move out of line when the brace comes off so this a very good precaution. Knowing that they cant move is actually a very good thing i wont be so paranoid of it all the time.

I then had some impressions taken of my teeth, something i havent done since the start, so to know im on the home straight is a wonderful feeling.

I have now 39 days left in braces. 39 small days!

Helen at Manor orthos has agreed to help me out with some photos and videos of my debanding, so i can at least end how i begun.

I am both excited and a little nervous of the end. You sink into such a state of contentment and acceptence of your braces that they actually become part of you.

Ive also been told that you get a phantom brace feeling for sometime after removal.

Overall i am happy with my journey and think my results will be fantastic.

so will post nearer my debanding date :D

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all

Big Hugs to one and all!!!

\o/

TumbleDryLow

#338 Post by TumbleDryLow »

If I've counted right, you now only have 28 more days in braces. I can only imagine how excited you must be.
Merry Christmas and cheers to a brace-free 2010.

Bekah

#339 Post by Bekah »

Congratulations Martin! I am so happy for you! Your debanding means mine is closer too! I started following your story right before I got my braces on!! I can't wait to see the pictures!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

martinboyce

#340 Post by martinboyce »

13 Days to go, argggh so excited so excited!!!!!

TumbleDryLow

#341 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Wow! Less than two weeks. How are you going to celebrate your first brace free day?

gracey82

#342 Post by gracey82 »

Wow jealous and happy for you at the same time!!

Cant believe that you will feel sad for parting with your braces or whatever the phenomenon called, I cant wait to get mine off when it's still cutting and drying my lips after half a year into my braces.

Pics of the pretty teeth please, just to movitate us who are still serving our sentence! :)

Bekah

#343 Post by Bekah »

I think I will miss my braces too. They have become a big part of who I am in the last year and a half!!!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

martinboyce

#344 Post by martinboyce »

Hi Everyone

TumbleDryLow, first brace free day, erm, dont know, there will be alot of brushing, alot of tooth licking and alot of smiling, going to get myself a nice posh hair cut in the afternoon, proper pamper myself for a day.

Gracey. yeah alot of people talk of attachment to their braces, people spend so long coming to terms with them once they are gone theres a bit of a void. All the routine and procedures you have to do daily revert back to normal and again your adjusting. Also ive heard you have the phantom brace for a while too, where you feel you still have it on.

Bekah, i agree, again acceptance of them in integrating them into your personality, people now say to me thats you, people who have met and known me since braces well thats all they know so thats just me.

9 days left today. a week on monday. jesus. its so close now!!!!!

Im kinda not beleiving it yet, feel a bit numb. lol

Im having a bit of a party on the 30th kinda my "reveal" to my friends, so i really hope the teeth look alright when they are naked!

ok i think the intensity of my posts might increase over the next 9 days :D

martinboyce

#345 Post by martinboyce »

Ok its friday....

Braces off on monday.....

holy crap!!

Im so excited. Nearly all of my metal mouth friends who i have shared my journey with have already been debanded and moved on. I shall finally be joining the Deband gang.

oh boy am i nervous though.... eek!