The Martin Boyce Story - NEW PICS - 7th ADJUSTMENT TODAY

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KK Cat

#31 Post by KK Cat »

martinboyce wrote:!

Where you from cat? is that short for catherine or just some username, as much as i like referring to peeps usernames i prefer first names, makes me think that real people rather than secretive computer users :)

Hey by posting on my story youve inadvertently become my brace buddy, and for the next 2 years will have to tollerate me :) hehe

Thanks Cat,

Big Hug

M
Ta! I've another 2 years to go anyway, so it's nice to have company.

KK Cat is just a username. I'm from Kilkenny in the south east of Ireland and we are known as the Kilkenny Cats and KK is our county code for car registrations, so KK Cat. My own name is Anne Marie. We have an International Comedy Festival here every June called the Cat Laughs. I've just put up a Kilkenny Hurler avatar (Go Henry!)

Well known Irish legend/rhyme, God knows it's origin:

There once were two cats of Kilkenny
Each thought there was one cat too many
So they fought and they fit
And they scratched and they bit
'Til excepting their nails and the tips of their tails
Instead of 2 cats there weren't any

By the way those were some teeth that were extracted! Wow!! I don't think I've ever seen real extracted teeth before (other than baby teeth I lost myself as a child, not quite in the same category :lol: ). I've never heard of anyone bringing home their teeth, cool though. Nice "souvenir" :wink: ....I think :wink:
2 upper 1st bicuspids extracted
Uppers braced (metal), molar bands upper & lower 25 May 07
Lowers braced 22 Oct 07
Next adjustment 21 Apr 2008
Estimated brace time 2.5 years

martinboyce

#32 Post by martinboyce »

Hannah, Ellie, & Anne Marie, this is the offending rabbit and Guini Piggies, oh and one of my baby gerbils :) so very cute! The photos were worth it, as you will see. :D

Image Image Image Image Image Image

The Rabbit is called "Stitch", the Guini Pigs are "Scrump" and "CHUMP"

The baby Gerbil is called "Little Grey" and i think the other brown ones are "Bill & Ben"

And yes it went on the couch, gotta love vanish though.

BTW there was no way i was letting um keep my teeth i was already paying loads without giving them free teeth. Still waiting on the tooth fairy, she must be busy as ive had them under the pillow now for a few days now, hmm.

martinboyce

#33 Post by martinboyce »

ignore this post, i pressed submit impatiently a few too many times on my previous post and for some reason you cant delete your own posts? weird
Last edited by martinboyce on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martinboyce

#34 Post by martinboyce »

Looks like I pressed the button a few too many times, woopsie

Braced32

#35 Post by Braced32 »

The baby gerbils are SO cute! I want one! :D

You can check out my profile to get the link to my story! I haven't uploaded my before pics yet but will do so soon.

By the way, I got to take my teeth home with me, too. Well, 4 out of the 5. One of them had to come out in pieces so that one got thrown away! Plus I still have the 3 they pulled 20 years ago as a teenager to prepare me for braces! Is that weird??? :?

I agree - you do have quite a way with words. Makes for a fun and amusing read! :lol:

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)

Twinjoy

#36 Post by Twinjoy »

I can't put in a signature yet I don't think but viewtopic.php?t=24356&highlight= that is the link to my story. All your pets are very cute!

Beckster

#37 Post by Beckster »

Martin,

Your pets are SO adorable! :D

~Becky
"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."-Albert Camus

choccyface

#38 Post by choccyface »

Hi Martin,

wow - those are big teeth you have had out there! I had 6 extractions before my brace went on but unlike you my dentist was unable to get them out in one go, the roots were left in when he tried to extract the first two and I got dry sockets so I ended up having a general to get the rest & all the left over roots which was absolutly fine.

I felt a nervous excitment as my bday approached, in some ways I couldn't wait to get started after so long (took me years to get to the point of getting braces because I moved area therefore orthondontist) but on the other hand I was dreading them because I was so worried about how they would look and how self concious I would feel.

On your brace day take some paraceptomol before hand and apply lip balm because your lips get so chapped, it took mine weeks to recover!b Your teeth will feel very sensitive and eating might be painful at first but you soon get over this - I can eat anything I like now :)

I really love my braces now, they have been on over 13 months and total treatment time is 2-3 years.

Anyway, WELL DONE on deciding to get braces and I'll look forward to seeing your progress on here!

Sarah x

elpi

#39 Post by elpi »

oops only just got up to date with this thread just wanted to say I'm glad the last extractions went well! all clear for your B-day now I guess, cool :)

martinboyce

#40 Post by martinboyce »

A small update, Nearly a week since my extractions and yet again i am in great pain due to an infection, i will be going back to the dentist for some antibiotics, just wanted to come on here and moan about it. Thats an infection in both sides now, totalling about 14 days of total infection pain so far. feels like ive been punched in the mouth, im having to take 2 solpherdine max and Nurufen liquid tablets every few hours just so i can think straight.

Man. This had best be the worst f-ing part as this is way worst than any chronic tooth ache, and my whole jaw hurts so bad, i cant sleep, eating is a chore and brushing on that side is a no no.

Even i am struggling to find the funny side of this!

I need a hug guys \o/

elpi

#41 Post by elpi »

oh man that's PANTS!!! it sounds horrible :( I hope you can get the antibiotics soon and that the infection subsides.

You've really not had it easy have you :(

*hugs*

elpi

#42 Post by elpi »

PS also don't forget to ask your dentist (or GP) to write you a prescription for some stronger painkillers, it sounds like the pain's driving you a bit delerious and so you're a good case for them. Even if it's just a few to tide you over the next few days I reckon it'd be worth it.

choccyface

#43 Post by choccyface »

Awwwww....my extraction sites got infected and I had to have several course of anti biotics too, that and taking pain killers day and night, I had to keep a record of when I was taking them because I was worried about over dosing on them especially at night. My dentist packed the sites with a foul tasting but painkilling gauze which helped, maybe you could get that too?

Hope you feel better soon.

*HUGS*

Sarah x

martinboyce

#44 Post by martinboyce »

Thanks guys, ive not long been back from the dentist, got an emergency appointment at 9:25 thismorn, yeah ive got more antibiotics 400mg of Metronidozole 3 times a day plus he packed the socket with some foul tasting antiseptic stuff, looked fiberous, looked a bit like tabacco but tastes like a hospital smells.

So no hot drinks for 2 days and no alcahol for 5, man!

As long as it all clears up by the 11th i should be ok.

Where you from sarah? age?

Thanks for posting, sorry im not my usual jolly self, this has proper taken the wind out my sails.

Keep the hugs coming in guys. Man in pain here, i repeat MAN IN PAIN!

Ah see a little humour,i must be on the mend.

choccyface

#45 Post by choccyface »

Yes the gauze is foul but boy does it do the job! Sounds like you have dry sockets like I had - nasty horiible things but you should start feeling better soon.

I'm 34 from Cheshire. I'm 13 months into my 2-3 year treatment plan. The extractions was the worse part though, now I am pain free and able to eat anything so be assured it WILL get better.

Sarah x