The Martin Boyce Story - NEW PICS - 7th ADJUSTMENT TODAY

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

elpi

#46 Post by elpi »

how's you today, still hanging in there? is it getting any easier? :)

martinboyce

#47 Post by martinboyce »

Morning Elpi,

yeah im just about coping for all of yesterday my breath smelled like a poorly dog. A cross between my infection and the antiseptic smell. Ive still got it now too.

It hurt quite a bit when i woke up so back on the pain meds + antibiotics, like 6 pills for breakfast, ooo yummy.

I really am banking on this pain subsiding soon, its starting to do my head in, simple things like concentration are what i notice are effected most.

plus ive not had a coffee in over 24 hours, and am starting to feel like tweek from southpark!

2 weeks left. Man its a long road we are all on.

Patience is a virtue, but i am not virtuous!

Give me my braces!

Beckster

#48 Post by Beckster »

Martin,

So sorry to hear about all that you have been through! :( Also sorry to hear about no coffee and feeling like Tweek(that reference cracked me up btw). The two weeks until braces should fly by. Take care and keep me posted on how you're doing.

~Becky
"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."-Albert Camus

martinboyce

#49 Post by martinboyce »

Thanks Becky,

Im moaing alot i know, im high as a kite right now but drowsy too,

Im sure ill moan lots about braces too, already on page 4 of my story and im still 2 weeks off getting braces, lol, oh well its all fun.

I could do with a cup of Joe about now man, might have a sneaky one later, the gf is out all night, my new surround sound system just got delivered and im on call of duty as soon as i get in so got that to look forward to :) distraction is the key!

elpi

#50 Post by elpi »

Have fun call of duty-ing :D My ortho said I should get my extractions somewhere between 2 weeks and 3 days before being braced, I'm kind of reckoning it might be better to err on the cautious side and have it 2 weeks before in case of complication, do you reckon that's wise

oops sorry btw for going a bit off topic there!

martinboyce

#51 Post by martinboyce »

Yeah, its wise allright, after doing alot of reading about post extraction infection it explains that its more common in your molars 1st 2nds and 3rds, less common in smaller teeth (but still can happen). Infection manifests itself as an ache in the jaw rather than a sting in the socket and has like a bitter taste to it when probing with your tongue. It generally occurs 3 - 6 days after extraction and the pain is progressive so it sneaks up on you. A week long course of antibiotics is usually and most common treatment and should it get worst the extraction site is packed with antiseptic stuff.

I doubt an ortho would brace up an infected gob so yeah having a clean bill of health pre brace treatment would reduce the chances of unneccesary delay.But on the flip side after having extractions teeth can start to shift so orthos generally like to do it quite soon after extraction.

Well having had 2 infections in the last 3 weeks , i feel im quite well experienced to dish out infection advice.

Knowledge is power, and with great power comes great responsibilty.

i stole that line from Spiderman, it just felt right!

Though i dont wanna become 'infection man', that sounds weird and gross!

TumbleDryLow

#52 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Hi! I'm across the pond, 34, and (relatively) new to the boards. I hadn't read any of the posted stories, but I stumbled across yours and was mesmerized by how big your extracted teeth were so I couldn't pull myself away. I am so impressed that you actually went back to sit in that dentist chair multiple times. I got all 4 of my teeth out at once, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I even had nitrous! If I had to do it more than once I would have had a nervous breakdown. I'm really bummed that I forgot to ask for my teeth! When I had my wisdom teeth pulled in my 20's I remembered to ask for them. I guess I was just too discombobulated this time around.
Anyway we have a few things in common--I'm a photographer, at least I attempt to be, and my favorite subject is animals---LOVE your pets BTW!. I'm also a vegetarian, and I actually have somewhat similar teeth to yours--lots of crowding, and ones shoved behind others. (Sorry, no story yet on the board....I keep promising myself that I'm gonna do that.)
Sorry about your infection, that really sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

elpi

#53 Post by elpi »

All good info! thanks infection man :D I'm guessing you'd have to well hardcore to want to have your braces put on whilst you have an infection whether the ortho wants to do it or not! :?

Braced32

#54 Post by Braced32 »

YIKES!!! :yikes: Sorry to hear about your infections!! Well, at least you're on the mend!

I agree. Once teeth are extracted, teeth start shifting - even if they're not crowded. Just 10 days after my extractions (after my stitches were removed) I went to floss between my teeth and noticed a tooth had drifted and it was no longer "snug as a bug". There's a pretty good sized gap! :shock: I guess the ortho will just have to move it back!

There will be 4 weeks between my extraction date and my lower brace date due to the severity of my extractions and needing to wait for my cleaning.

Happy Recovering!

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)

martinboyce

#55 Post by martinboyce »

HI TumbleDryLow,

nice to hear from a fellow pet loving photo taking vege eating crowded toother. hehe

You got a first name tumble?

Yeah i wasnt completely happy with all the extractions, and until thismorning i was in great pain with my infections even close to the end of my second round of antibiotics. I can now safely say im not scared of the dentist nor extractions but am particularly anxcious about the post extraction infection i seemd proned to, its painful and constant and painful!

Hehe, my momma gerbil "Ginger" is pregnent again, yippeee, more babies for meeee.

As far as this board goes, get your story up asap , get your back story up as a foundation stick up as many photos as possible and watch the comments just poor in, everyone is so nice and postivie on here a read through can really motivate you and drive you in the right direction.

Im hoping my ortho will allow some brace fitting photos to be taken, i also like taking photos.

i have my on personal photo website, i think is at 23,000 photos at the min, all mine since 2002, mostly just stuff iv done, places ive been etc, not pro photos, ive also made a bit of money selling stock photos online. Plus i do alot of graphics at work which also requires a fare bit of photography. I quite like videography as well but thats another story.

If anyones interested heres my youtube link, nothing great just me, doing some stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigboyce

12 days to go. c'mon!

martinboyce

#56 Post by martinboyce »

Thanks braced32 (have you got a first name)

Not long for us now, your prob one of the only people on here with gaps anywhere near the size of mine, i didnt expect to but my left side now its healed(ish) i can barely tell when i eat that ive had the teeth out, i guess you just gum the food.

I still get food stuck "up my holes :lol: " and im constantly fishing bits out with the misses eye brow tweasers! hehe, i tried using a waterpik to clean my extraction zones but its so powerful it just made me bleed on my first try, so stopped.

I totally cant wait to get started. I feel ive spent so long forcing a closed mouth smile for photos and not making eye contact when talking as peoples eyes do look at your mouth when you speak. Im a confident person but my teeth have always been my kRYPTONITE.

Big Hug!

Braced32

#57 Post by Braced32 »

Yes, I do have a first name. :D

When I get braced on Monday I'm going to ask my ortho if he will email me the digital photos me took at my records appointment so I can have "Before Photos." Then I will post them and then my extraction pics.

Yep, I have some pretty good gaps - more after the extractions! :lol:

OH! MY! GOSH! :shock: Picking food out of your holes with tweezers?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? :yikes: You need a nice gentle syringe like my OS gave me! Yes, I'm still getting food stuck, too, but the syringe gently removes after every meal.

Even though I have a VERY gappy smile, I've never been a closed-mouth smiler! Yes, I've always been self-conscious of my teeth but I just never tried to hide it.

I can't wait to get started neither! Only 4 more days for me!

martinboyce

#58 Post by martinboyce »

Oh come on whats your name then, im on first name basis with nearly everyone now, alias's though they make you feel like a spy and give you aminimity they are quite impersonal even if you give me a fake it still allows me to address you without making you sound like a robot.

You so lucky getting braced in 4 days, weird huh,

cant wait to see your pics. :)

The tweaser thing aint as bad as it sounds i very gently go in pinch and a big wadge of food comes out, i did try the water pic but its too powerful for such an event. though thats not really bothering me no more. its been over a week now of pain and im proper fed up. Must have popped my own bodyweight in pain killers these past 3 weeks.

I am phoning the dentist again tomorrow, im like hey listen here, im suffering! give me drugs, any drugs!

OK well before i start a im in pain rant again i best go.

whats ya name, c'mon spill :P

Braced32

#59 Post by Braced32 »

Well, all you had to do was ask! :D I was just playing with you! :wink: I only answered your question according to the way you worded it!

My first name is Andrea.

OK, OK!! No more with the tweezers! I think I'm going to pass out from the thought of it!

TumbleDryLow

#60 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Hey, It's Angela BTW. Awww...baby gerbils! Do you keep them all or do you give them away? I really want rodents of some kind as pets--esp. guinea pigs. I've been so close many times to bringing a pair home, but I have two cats, so I always worry. I have visions of coming home from work, seeing an empty pig cage on the floor and two cats looking very proud of themselves. Makes a vegetarian have nightmares!

I checked out some of your youtube videos. Loved the light saber duel. I'm a big Star Wars/SciFi fan.

And I gotta say that I second the creep out factor thing with the tweezers, but hey if it works for you, right on. (Personally I'd recommend a vigorous salt water rinse, but that's just me!)