lilfoot1112/Michelle journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilfoot1112

11th Adjustment W/pics.

#31 Post by lilfoot1112 »

8) I had my 11th adjustment this pass friday the wires are the same top & bottom I got an orange PC on top and black and orange lig on the bottom for halloween and also my I AM A SPAMMER!!!!! team is the same colors. Im wearing my elastics in a class 2 on both sides now just this pass friday I was told I don;t have to wear the box elastic in the front any more woo hoo and how my bite as closed :D.

Image 11th Adjustment

Image 1ft Adjustment

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

lilfoot1112

lol I have to say I'm dead woman lol

#32 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Ok this is why I think I maybe a dead :-(( woman after I'm done calling the ortho. this morning that will be about 9am today. I was doing my nightly brushing tonight and I went to go brush my bite plate and it slip :yikes: out of my fingers on to the floor and it broke in 2 I found one part of it but not the other half I look all over I think it went down my heater vent but it clear in color so I may never find it, but I'll keep looking. I hope my ortho. is not to mad at me for it braking.

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

flesh-was-sweet

#33 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Great progress!!

lilfoot1112

I got adjustment early

#34 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Will I went to the ortho. yesterday thinking I was going to get remolded for a bite plate, lol but no I got adjustment lol. Oh man does my upper teeth hurt I have the same ligs on the bottom and wire no adjusting them thank goodness. I just got adjustment to the upper he took my PC off and did a little bend in my wire and put a tie wire on my front tooth I told him I been hitting that one for a while. and oh man did it hurts when the tie wire went on. So I took a pic just a little while ago and had my 11th adjustment pic to I match them up and and to my surprise since yesterday there been movement and I also had IPR done yesterday to a couple teeth it wasn’t bad just a interesting feeling of having sand paper between me teeth lol

Image Image

the one on the lift is from 9/26/2008 and on the right is for today 10/09/2008 there is a little movement on that tooth and boy does it hurt I also back in the box elastic in the front and no more class 2 elastics for right now

lilfoot1112

14th adjustment w/progress pics

#35 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Had a really good adjustment today. I got a new wire on the bottom and got a bend put in the wire where I'm missing both molars on the lift, but I got a wisdom tooth back there. Same wire on top and I got a bend put in that wire to where I'm missing my first molar on the right. I started to feel the new wire working before I was even out of the chair :shock: really sore at the moment, but I know it will pass :D still wearing the box elastic in the front I don't think I'll have to wear them much longer my bite is almost closed :banana:.

Image 12/3/2008 one year later

Image june / july 2008

Image April/ May 2008

Image Jan. 2008

Image Dec. 2007 just at the start

Image Top is Jan. 2008 Bottom is April 2008

ImageImage July 2008

ImageImage Dec. 2008

lilfoot1112

I have no idea

#36 Post by lilfoot1112 »

I had an adjustment last week went really well I had the normal sores from it and that went away in 3 days like normal, but over the weekend and up until now my upper and lower jaws are throbbing and hurting pretty bad I know I have TMJ but I never felt this before and I also feel like my jaw is going to lock up on me I have no idea what going on in there I did get lucky and there open appointment tomorrow for me to see me ortho tomorrow. I hope he can get this pain to go away! I think I've almost try every thing to get it to feel better :(

lilfoot1112

it's been some time

#37 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Well tomorrow is my 19th adjustment and my last 4 adjustment I have tryed to talk to my ortho. about a (LIL' problem) just a lil'one and I feel like he keep blowing me off and he keep telling me it fine I feel like my upper right lateral is sitting a lil'high and is sticking out a lil'to far. My last couple of adjustment he has mention retainer with that mention I should of jump for joy, but I didn't I had RED flags go up because he also told me that he was going to close 3 of the 4 gaps I have and he only closed one of them I know we have talked about me getting a impaint in one of the spaces were I'm missing both molars on the bottum left and I was fine with that, He also told me that late spring or early summer I'm looking at getting deband & that put me at the 18th month marker and that would be this June I don't mind staying in braces longer if it ment to get thing right and he kept to his word but I really can't see getting deband right now. Also I'm in midline elastics to from upper right cuspid to lower left cuspid.

I'm not sure if you can see what I see I feel like my upper right lateral is sitting a lil'high and is sticking out a lil'to far., but if you do can you please tell me what you think!

iBorg

#38 Post by iBorg »

I hope today goes better than your December adjustment. I have come to realize that some orthos are really tied to a schedule of x months. I'm not sure if this is because they feel they've earned their money or if they think as adults we'll feel they haven't done their job if it takes longer than the initial estimate.

I'd suggest asking him how he is going to handle the red flags you see. Make him aware that you're okay taking longer than initially estimated if that's what's required to get it right. My comment to my ortho (remember I'm now 50) was something along the lines of, "This is my last time in braces. They're no where as bad as I thought they'd be. What can we do to help you get the best possible results?" Of course sometimes their answer isn't what we want to hear.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

lilfoot1112

Many mixed feeling

#39 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Iborg/Mike:
Thank you for stopping by :D . Wish I had a chance to read you message before my appointiment today :(.

Todays appointment 4/28/2009:
I have so many mixed feeling at the moment before I could even say anything today is first words to me was were going to mould you for your retainer today :shock: !! I'm sorry my heart fell to the floor and from there. I tryed to get him to see what I see and of coures he DOESN'T see a problem I tryed bring up the gaps in the back and he blew it off, one lil'good thing is he did address the lil'gaps in the front on my bottom he did some IPR on them and put a PC on to and there starting to close :D . and I tryed for a second time before the end of my appointment to bring up my worries and got shot down on May 22nd, 2009 he set to mould me for my retainers and most likey 2 weeks after that I'm set to get Deband.

At this point:
I cryed :( I do have a small option and have no idea if it would work with out costing me a lot of $$$$ my husband put me on his Dental Insurance a while back and I know it covers some Ortho. work in adults I may try and go get a second opinion before he can take the braces off but I know a LOT of ortho. don't like when you do that so I'm not sure on what to do....

iBorg

#40 Post by iBorg »

IT"S your mouth!!!!
Ask your dentist for a recommendation for another ortho. Call them explain the situation and ask how much they would charge to see you based upon you're considering changing orthos.

Call your ortho and ask for an appointment to discuss your treatment. Explain you have concerns that you don't believe have been addressed.

Remember it's your mouth.

You have had too many times already when dentists and orthos have made decisions about your mouth without giving you full consideration. Stand up for yourself. If you need support ask your hubby to accompany you for moral support.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

lilfoot1112

#41 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Mike/iBorg
Your right it is my mouth! Yesterday morrning 4/29/2009 my hubby made a call to my Ortho. I didn't even know he had called!! and asked can we chat about my being debanding and the ortho. said there nothing to talk about that he did what he set out to do! With that my hubby said what about the gaps in the back and he replyed I change mind about closing them :shock: he ask why and really got no answer so he is truly set out to deband me, but before that happens I have apponitments to see a couple of other Ortho. in the area my fingers are cross that some one can help if there a will there away :) . On a side note I have been seeing changes in my ortho. and his staff and in his offices to the mood has been off and this has been for the pass couple of months and not in the good way does that have any to with me being deband maybe but who knows...

Thank you for your support Mike/iBorg

iBorg

#42 Post by iBorg »

With today's economy, who knows? Could the practice be for sale and he's trying to increase accounts bringing in cash (I'm assuming you're on a contract for a set price and you've paid it)?

I wish you best of luck!

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

lilfoot1112

#43 Post by lilfoot1112 »

:( Yes I paid his price and I am on a contract. I wish he would give me a GOOD reason why he doing this!! He was the one that told me that he was going to close the gaps in the back and (he joke about how I was going to hate him for keeping me in braces for a long time to make sure everything was going to stay put & be right.) I've told him time and time again I mind/didn't care if I had to stay in braces longer I truely don't mind as long as it ment to get it right.

I been going over every thing he ever said to me an it was this pass october I felt that I may needed a new ortho. and here I am 6 months later.

Thank you :) Mike

lilfoot1112

#44 Post by lilfoot1112 »

I have to say I'm glad to be with my new ortho. I go for my Second adjustment on the 9th with him. I kinda can't wait and on the other hand I'm goin oh no not again! I was in so much pain the last time I got I think it is the thickest wire I ever had oh does this sucker hurt :cry: but I have to say I love what I'm seeing I'm sorry I didn't change ortho. sooner but I'm on the right track now that all that does matter. I have to say I enjoy going to his appointment him and his stuff are great they all take there time to listen and make sure all is well. I'm really glad I change! :D

iBorg

#45 Post by iBorg »

YEEEEEE HAAAAA!

Glad it's going better.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009