Ripchord's braces story- month 22

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miranbrady20

#106 Post by Miranbrady20 »

Good luck!!!!!!!!

*melissa*

#107 Post by *melissa* »

I am so happy for you!! I cant wait to see your brace-free pictures!!!!! :D

ripchord

#108 Post by ripchord »

They're off! I'm free! :D

I love them! I bought some white strips to whiten them up a bit :)

These are my temporary retainers. Long story short, they're annoying and I can't wait to get the hawleys. I chose clear with silver sparkles!

I'll post the story in a bit! Gotta go celebrate :D
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!

ripchord

#109 Post by ripchord »

I just went out to eat, and it was so much easier to eat without braces. I cut through my garden burger like it was butter and didn't have to fish for stragglers after each bite. It felt amazing :)

Since I have to keep these white strips in for 30 minutes, I'll take this time to tell my debanding story.

So, as some of you know, I was really nervous for a couple of days beforehand. I thought I wasn't going to get the okay and I would be really disappointed leaving the ortho office with a mouth of metal. It was finally time for my appointment, so I walked up to the door and turn the knob. It was locked. I panicked for a second, then one of the staff members opened up the door. They had just gotten off of lunch apparently. So I sat down and only waited a minute or so before I was called back. I was relieved when the assistant took out the debanding pliers. My orthodontist walked in and took a look at my teeth. He seemed to approve and was especially happy about my bite. However, he said "Okay, we'll schedule you for deband in a couple of weeks." I was so disappointed until the assistant informed him that we had already scheduled and he apologized. She thought he was just playing an April Fools joke on me and didn't chime in for a few minutes, trying to play along. I was so relieved.

He quickly went to work popping off my bands. It was surprisingly really easy and painless, as were the rest of the brackets. He then sanded off the composite with a "bur", which wasn't as bad as people had told me. It sprayed cold water and air sometimes, but I would just close my eyes. I was also told it would smell bad, but it didn't. He then polished off the remaining cement with a series of round spinning heads that look like they were made of rubber. They progressively got smaller and smaller. I was so anxious to see my teeth by now. It only took about 15 or 20 minutes. The assistant then handed me a mirror for that defining moment. I was so shocked by how different I looked. It was a good shocked though.

Then, it was time for my least favorite part. Impressions. I thought it would just be a couple of them like when I got my braces on. Nope, I had 5 impressions taken. Two of my uppers (which I had to really concentrate on my breathing with not to gag) and two of my lowers, which were more tolerable. I also had a bite impression taken in a thin arch-shaped clay-like substance, which wasn't bad at all. The assistant then let me go rinse out my mouth. When I was done, I took the liberty of running out to the waiting room really quickly to show my mom. A girl who was getting her braces soon saw and I think that was good motivation for her. I was so overjoyed and my mom complimented my new teeth.

The next few steps were minor. I got some x-rays and pictures taken. Then I got to pick out my retainer color. I was told to come back in half an hour to pick up my temporary retainers. In that time, my mom took me to the store to get some white strips and I got my retainers and left. I was surprised by how rough and big they were. I have a pretty bad lisp with them which should go away soon. I go back in two weeks to get my hawley retainers, and I can't wait.

I am so happy with my results, and it was all so worth it! Everyone that has seen so far thinks I look older (I'm almost 16 and get mistaken for a junior higher) and my teeth look nice. I feel silly for being so nervous about my appointment. It really wasn't bad at all! So to anyone who is reluctant towards getting braces, go for it! It can be a pain sometimes but it is definitely worth all the trouble in the end.

catfish

#110 Post by catfish »

Wow, your smile looks AWESOME! Congratulations on getting debraced! I'm glad to hear that the procedure wasn't so bad. I've been wondering what it will be like when my turn comes.
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

ripchord

#111 Post by ripchord »

Thanks, catfish! It's actually very tolerable, no worries. Not much worse than the average appointment, except for the impressions. I had to get two sets of impressions because they needed one model to make the temporary retainer and one to send off to the lab that is making my hawleys.

kayleighkelley

#112 Post by kayleighkelley »

Your teeth look really good!!! Congrats, your story is really motivating to me right now because I just got mine on yesterday, it lets me know the pain is worth it :)

ripchord

#113 Post by ripchord »

Thanks Kayleighkelley! I'm glad I could help someone! Thanks for letting me know :) That makes writing this worth while. Good luck with your journey!

ripchord

#114 Post by ripchord »

Thanks Ken! Ahaha, I hope I don't make anyone jealous! I think I served a pretty fair sentence in braces :lol:

My temporary retainer is really irritating my tongue, but I'm trying to be good and wear it as prescribed. My teeth were hurting yesterday, but now it's not so bad :)

Braaces

#115 Post by Braaces »

Congrats ripchord!! I am not able to see the pictures, but I'm sure your teeth look great!! :lol:

ripchord

#116 Post by ripchord »

Thanks braaces :D

Here's a link to one of the pictures: http://i42.tinypic.com/106g5d5.jpg

Let me know if you can see them that way :)

mayday

#117 Post by mayday »

Yayyyy no braces! Congrats :)

sdawdy

#118 Post by sdawdy »

I am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!! and happy for you...

your new smile is awesome!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Tommm

#119 Post by Tommm »

What beautiful teeth! Congrats!! I'm super jealous but you're right; this gives me hope :)

Miranbrady20

#120 Post by Miranbrady20 »

OH SNAP!!! hey you!! sorry i havent been on!!!! everytime i time i try to get on here it kept telling me that the site has been temp. disabled and i couldnt even get e-mails to see if you posted!!! well anyway!! your teeth look amazing!! i cant believe how big and white!!! i love it congrats and enjoy your freedom!!! WOOT!!!