Mandy's Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kayla

Mandy's Story

#1 Post by Kayla »

(The screen name is just one that I have used for years, my real name is Mandy)
I've wanted to fix my smile for years. I'm now 27 and my parents could not afford braces for me so I had to wait until I was established to afford them myself.
The front/top 2 center teeth formed a V shape and the 2 outside of those were pushed infront of each one. Front straight on, you couldn't really tell but any pics from the slightest angle and I looked toothless. The bottoms didn't really bother me but they are crowded. I also am dealing with an overbite and TMJ from grinding my teeth.

Jan 19 10:00AM
Braces went on. Not too bad except for when they told me to bit down to get the bracket on the back teeth. The spacers had made them REALLY SORE and I was in tears biting down. They said they were only doing the top today to keep me from biting the bottom brackets off. 4 months before the bottoms go on.
Lgt Blue ligatures and metal tops.

Jan 20
Some slight pain on my front teeth today. To took some pics last night so I can track my progress.

Jan 21
Pain all the way around. My front teeth hurt today and my bite is already off somewhat. My back teeth don't fit right. Also, have the sore spots in my mouth back near the brackets. They fit them on the bottom for now with no braces attached so they irritate as well. (thinking to myself:"what was I thinking...2 years of this")

rcbeep

#2 Post by rcbeep »

Mandy - Congratulations on getting your braces! I also am 27 and have had my braces since January 6th. I felt the same way you did after I got mine on... I PROMISE it will feel better in a few days! Use your wax on the sore spots - I always carry lots of it and use it on a regular basis. It has been a lifesaver!!!! When is your first adjustment?

Cara

Kayla

#3 Post by Kayla »

My first adjustment is Feb 16...

Jan 22. things are better today but still no biting with my front teeth. Also, it's so irritating to brush after everything I eat that I've quit snacking on things.
Side Note: The little Wax bottles with the candy liquid inside came in handy yesterday. I split one and cleaned the wax and layed it across one half of my brackets. I fit nicely and felt so good. Thank God for wax :lol:

rcbeep

#4 Post by rcbeep »

Feb 16th - you have to let me know how it goes. My first adjustment isn't until Feb 23rd. I am a little nervous, little excited.

It still hurts me to chew with my front teeth. Trying to eat pizza for dinner and ripping it with the front teeth kinda hurts. I know it will all be worth it in the end!!

Yeah, I know... THANK GOODNESS for wax. Good call with the wax bottle candy - I will keep that in mind in case I don't have my regular wax with me someday. I love the wax!!! :lol:
Cara
Ceramic - top and bottom
Day One: 01/06/05

Kayla

#5 Post by Kayla »

It's getting better for me. To tried not only my first sandwich today but it was infront of suppliers at a business meeting. I was scared because it had bean sprouts on it and I didn't want to look like a Chi Pet blew up in my mouth afterwards. I managed to stay clean though.

It was a Japanese supplier and they brought some "snacks" for us which were rice, bean paste, and sesame seeds. I was not even going to attempt that with these things in my mouth.

rcbeep

#6 Post by rcbeep »

Good description... I can see the "chia pet" look now. :lol:

I find myself being really careful about what I eat. I had a sandwich the other day, and I was amazed at all the bread stuck everywhere. I guess that is just one of the perks of braces!

I went to the ortho yesterday because I had some serious wire sticking out the back. I suppose that is a good sign... teeth moving. I hope so!

So how are things going... is your mouth getting used to everything yet? I haven't had to use wax in a couple days... much easier to manage.
Cara
Ceramic - top and bottom
Day One: 01/06/05

Kayla

#7 Post by Kayla »

Well, thought I might update this post...

I have been top braced for 6 months now. I can't believe the results. If he wanted to take them off now, I would be happy with the results. My teeth are moving very quickly and hope they continue to. I'm only on my 3rd archwire and they look great...

I got my bottom braces about 3 weeks ago and they are driving me nuts. Before, I could just rinse my mouth after eatting and I was pretty good. Now, all the food sticks at the bottom. Also, I have only a fraction of a tooth to bite with on the bottom since my teeth are so small.

Going to another adjustment next week. I'm going to try to get my before pics from him then so my friends can see the change and to post up on here. :lol: