My road to straight teeth - updated 03-Dec-08 *PICS on p.7*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lily

#91 Post by Lily »

Oh that's interesting to know! Thanks for replying.
I might have to ask him the next time I'm there. My first adjustment was before 9am so I could barely walk straight let alone make sense hehe.
I just get concerned that he might think I'm questioning him.

It looks like we're both going through similar procedures with our treatment at the moment, except I'm right at the beginning and you're near the end. I hope my treatment works as quickly as yours has! :D

danish

#92 Post by danish »

what's your "problem" since you need braces? Feel free to add some pictures. Would be interesting to see.. :)

My piece of advice: stay positive (it can be hard for some people at times, though) and keep those whites clean! You really don't want cavities which might prolong treatment. :wink:

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

danish

#93 Post by danish »

11th adjustment on 07 Oct 2008.

I had my one year anniversary in braces on 04 Oct!! :banana: :rawk: :jump: :dance: Feels good to have come this far and it feels even better that there is light at the end of the tunnel. We are talking Jan-Feb 2009 and I will finally be FREE!!!! :-*

This adjustment meant some changes in my brace configuration. The upper wire was changed with a custom made one which is bent in a special way on the sides:

This is supposed to enable better controlling of the closure process for the upper jaw. Furthermore it will speed it up compared to elastics or coil spring (so I don't have any complaints).

The buttoms remain the same. Coil springs but the gaps are almost closed. Need perhaps 1mm and I'm done with those gaps.

I must say that my upper teeth especially the canines are killing me with the new bent arch wire. I hope that the pain will subside when teeth are starting to adjust to the new configuration.

Here comes the usual pics:

Front:

upper:

lower:

here comes a little 12 months comparison:
Month 0

after 12 months:

Well guys... that's it for this adjustment. Stay positive and see you for an update soon :wink:

Danish

cosmicgirl

#94 Post by cosmicgirl »

wow danish! just look at that!! Two wonderful arches and a neat bite too. Looking good - and only a few more weeks left!!!! :-#)

*melissa*

#95 Post by *melissa* »

Danish, looking wonderful as always!! I am so envious of your teeth. You will have a great nakie smile very soon...wow, only a couple more months to go?!! you are soooo lucky!

also...
Happy one year anniversary to you!! :rawk: :dance:

flesh-was-sweet

#96 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Danish - great progress!

Here's to being brace free by January :-88

danish

#97 Post by danish »

13 adjustment on 03 Dec 2008 (12 adjustment was end of October. No significant changes.)

Time for an update.
Today's adjustment went OK. The special-looking upper wire was changed for a regular one. One bracket was changed on one of the lower central incisor teeth as it apparantly was not fitted correctly. Lower wire was changed for an identical one.
Power chains on both uppers and lowers to finish the remaining closing work. I am to use elastics between lower back molars (#6) and upper canines (#3) in order to apply
the correct pulling force.
I am supposed to be rid of braces by March 2009 AND I CAN'T HARDLY WAIT FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!!!!! :-= However, as there is still some time I will re-enter zen mode and remain patient and positive. :roll:

here are the pics:

Front:
(the nasty yellow stuff on the lowers is the remans of an orange. Hehe :lol: )

Upper:

Lower:

Sides:

New adjustment later this month. May time pass quickly!!!!
See ya :wink:

Danish

SwsMiss

#98 Post by SwsMiss »

WOW! Read your entire story and I can def. sympathize with the depression aspect (and I'm only on day 3)!

I prolonged braces as a kid always thinking...I don't want them in HS (dating, hello!), I don't want them starting college (more dating!), after I graduated...who want's braces as an adult, what if I get married next year? :roll:

I finally decided, if I happen to get engaged in the next year...the wedding will have to wait until I'm sans braces!

Your teeth look absolutely stunning! I feel like I have relatively little work compared to most on the board but I still am looking at 14-18 months...I'm hoping that is an "overestimate."

At any rate...congratulations! They really look awesome!

Miss Smiley

#99 Post by Miss Smiley »

Danish, they look great! Your gap closing journey seems like it's coming to an end. Hopefully we'll both be posting in the Naked teeth section soon.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

danish

#100 Post by danish »

15 adjustment on 10 feb 2009 (14 adjustment in Jan).

The situation is like this: my midline has supposedly been aligned (although slightly off center but of no significance), lower teeth extraction gaps are fully closed and my bite is close to being where it is supposed to be. The probl... sorry, the challenge are my upper teeth where movement has either stopped or is so slow that I would need a 100 years before being able to finish my treatment. Well.... I can't wait 100 years. Damn it. :-= :-(* :-+ :-((

The devil is as we all know in the detail and my devils are these 1-2 mm gaps between the upper teeth that need to close. Pronto! In adressing this probl.. sorry challenge my ortho gave me a double power chain on my uppers in order to increase the pulling force. I hope it works.

At today's adjustment I was instructed to use a new rectangular elastics configuration 24/7 intended to stabilize my bite. Some hate elastics. I don't mind them and use them zealously. If there's something I'm good at it's using elastics. :D

Today my ortho used sandpaper strips on my lower teeth in order to give them a better shape and also to create a little space for better alignment, I suppose. Although not painful the idea of having your enamel removed by sandpaper did make me a bit uneasy.

Here are the usual pics:

Front:

Upper:

lower:

sides:

For comparison and as a motivator I made this:
On the 1st month pic kindly notice my crossbite (my lower left canine), open bite towards the right side and the general crookedness of my front teeth... :?

Next adjustment is on 10 Mar 2009 and I really really hope that I will able to show you some movement by then. :thumbsup:

Danish

danish

My road to straight teeth - updated 10-FEB-09 *PICS on p.7*

#101 Post by danish »

Hmm... apparantly editing the subject line has been disabled which I must do it like this. Hope it works. :)

Danish

*melissa*

#102 Post by *melissa* »

Amazing progress, Danish!
Sorry to hear about those "challenges"... your teeth look great though!

Andromeda

#103 Post by Andromeda »

Sorry to hear about your resistant gaps; I hope the double powerchain works! But on the bright side, you have made some nice improvements 8)

We seem to be on a similar adjustment schedule - both had one on Feb 10 and my next is March 9, one day before yours. I'm *supposed* to be getting a debanding date then so I hope it comes fast! My front teeth really just need to tip forward already bc I suspect that is the main thing causing my back teeth to not touch. Let's hope we both have some good progress pics to show in March :)

Miss Smiley

#104 Post by Miss Smiley »

where are your updated pics? It has been nearly 1 and a half years!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

acd

#105 Post by acd »

I hear you on the elastics, Danish. There are only a few things that we can do to speed up our time and wearing elastics as told is one that I'll do every time. Actually I've got the same box elastics as you but I'm only supposed to wear them part time and my teeth are more sore than when I've worn other elastic configurations full time. Keep with it, don't get discouraged--you're almost there and your teeth look great!