My road to straight teeth - updated 03-Dec-08 *PICS on p.7*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

danish

My road to straight teeth - updated 03-Dec-08 *PICS on p.7*

#1 Post by danish »

Hi There,
I decided to log my orthodontic treatment on these pages. This way I will be able to follow the progress and hopefully it will inspire others to stick to their own treatment plans.
I shall start with a brief introduction of myself. I'm a 35-year-old guy living in Denmark who after years of merely thinking about it finally decided to do something about my crowded teeth problem. I'm in that situation that I was offered orthodontic treatment when I was a child (it's free in primary school in Denmark!) but I rejected. I had problems in school. Was bullied. I guess that I wasn't able to deal with more stress at the time. However, as a grown-up I often regretted that my teeth weren't fixed (so if any teenagers are reading this: GET THOSE TEETH FIXED WHILE YOU ARE IN YOUR TEENS!!!!). It's not that my life so far has been miserable because of my crowding problem. Most people aren't THAT superficial. But I have heard a remark here and there. To give you an idea of my 'problem' here is a pic:

So to make a long story short I contacted an orthodontist in early Spring 2007 and discussed my options with him. In September 2007 preparations began by extracting all 4 biscuspids (OUCH!!!!!!) and by October 4th 2007 I was in braces: metal brackets in both upper and lower mouth (However, I'm currently considering changing to ceramics in the upper mouth for reasons explained later).

Day 1 looked like this:
(I had the last bicuspid extracted on the same day I was braced. Hence the blood... :roll: )

To be continued... :wink:
Last edited by danish on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:34 am, edited 15 times in total.

bratsche

#2 Post by bratsche »

Go Danish!

Like you I had 4 first bicuspids removed too... now I'm waiting to be braced in 5 days. Aieeee I can't imagine being braced right after extractions. Kind of a double whammy!

I'm 28, not too far behind you :D Somehow I'm not too worried about the reactions from people anymore.

danish

#3 Post by danish »

bratsche wrote:Go Danish!

Like you I had 4 first bicuspids removed too... now I'm waiting to be braced in 5 days. Aieeee I can't imagine being braced right after extractions. Kind of a double whammy!

I'm 28, not too far behind you :D Somehow I'm not too worried about the reactions from people anymore.
Hi bratche,
Actually it is no big deal being braced after tooth extraction. Getting braced is not painful. At least not the first day in my experience. It's not painful after either. You just feel funny. That's all. Ok... maybe a little tenderness. hehe :?
I would say that in my case the tooth extraction itself has been the worst part of the experience due to the blood and pain. Once the braces are on the challenge is to get used to the look and feel of having something in your mouth 24/7. But I'm sure that you will get there. Don't worry :)

danish

#4 Post by danish »

KK wrote:Great you're doing something you've been wanting to for a while Danish ... and great you're going to keep a record of your journey! :thumbsup:

You have nicely shaped teeth and since your main work appears to be alignment, your progress should be exciting to watch! :jump:

I look forward to following your story! :banana:
Hi KK,
thx for your comment. I had to straighten out a certain matter!! Hehe :lol: You just watch, aight :)

KathyC

#5 Post by KathyC »

Hi Danish,

Your story sounds very similar to mine. My parents offered me braces when I was young but I didn't want them. I was really picked on as a kid and I was very shy. I didn't want to give the other kids any more reason to pick on me. Of course, now I wish I would have done this when I was young. I'm now 47 years old and today is my 5th day in braces. Good luck to you and I'll keep following your story. Kathy

Miss Smiley

#6 Post by Miss Smiley »

Welcome to the boards Danish! You'll see tons of movement and not regret any of this. Early or late, at least you've started!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

METALMOUTHPOOH

#7 Post by METALMOUTHPOOH »

Welcome :-*

Keep us posted and always take pictures :thumbsup:

danish

Danish' orthodontic journey --> progress on day 33

#8 Post by danish »

Hi there.
Today is actually a good day. From being moderately depressed from the look of my metallic smile in the beginning of my journey I have recently sort of begun to feel not as a freak any longer with my brace. From being extremely self-conscious and introverted in the beginning I am now almost back to the normal me. I'm not quite there yet, but I learned that one's social life does not have to end because you have a brace. I'm still considering switching to ceramics. On the other hand, I might not do it. We'll see :)

The most important reason for the change in the way I feel is the fact that I'm now able to see that the brace actually does accomplish something other than making you look funny. It actually WORKS!!!!! This is the biggest motivation boost so far. Check this out:

day 1 (archwire attached on October 4 2007)

day 33

My lower teeth have not progessed much, but these teeth need more alignment and therefore more time is required, I suppose :lol:

day 1 (archwire and brackets attached on October 4 2007)

day 33

I feel like my teeth are slowly moving to the place in my mouth where they were always meant to be :D I can't wait to see more progress...

Danish
Last edited by danish on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

danish

#9 Post by danish »

thx KK :D
And yes... it's hard not to keep my hands in the air these days :P

Danish

EllieUK13

#10 Post by EllieUK13 »

Hi Danish! :-1

WOW!!! How much movement have you had in 33 days?!!!!!!!! Im almost two weeks in and can only pray mine move half as well as yours! Bet you are real chuffed!

Good luck! :D

Click here to go straight to my Brace story

cosmicgirl

#11 Post by cosmicgirl »

wow danish - great movement! you must be so happy! It's fabulous when you start to see improvements and you know you're on your way to a Hollywood smile. :BigTeethGrin: I can feel my arches widening every day - it's weird not having that feeling of teeth jostling about for space in there!
Glad to hear you're feeling more confident being braced up - it takes time to get used to the feeling and the lisping, but I'd rather suffer that for a year or so, then be able to spend the rest of my life flashing my gnashers to the world!
Keep posting the pics!

danish

#12 Post by danish »

EllieUK13 wrote:Hi Danish! :-1

WOW!!! How much movement have you had in 33 days?!!!!!!!! Im almost two weeks in and can only pray mine move half as well as yours! Bet you are real chuffed!

Good luck! :D
Thanks EllieUK13 :)
Hang in there. I'm sure that you will also be able to see some action soon :D

Danish

danish

#13 Post by danish »

cosmicgirl wrote:wow danish - great movement! you must be so happy! It's fabulous when you start to see improvements and you know you're on your way to a Hollywood smile. :BigTeethGrin: I can feel my arches widening every day - it's weird not having that feeling of teeth jostling about for space in there!
Glad to hear you're feeling more confident being braced up - it takes time to get used to the feeling and the lisping, but I'd rather suffer that for a year or so, then be able to spend the rest of my life flashing my gnashers to the world!
Keep posting the pics!

Hi Cosmicgirl :-}
yes, it's cool. It's actually my first up experience in this journey. You gotta count those, otherwise it's going to be a loooooooooong 1-1½ years. Hehe :lol:

Danish

Miss Smiley

#14 Post by Miss Smiley »

Hey Danish! Looking at your pics reminded me of beginning my treatment. I can see your lowers are on the move. When I started, I couldn't wait for the gaps to close, but now, I'm just happy that my bite feels much better. Here's to our treatment running smoothly! :-88
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

danish

#15 Post by danish »

Miss Smiley wrote:Hey Danish! Looking at your pics reminded me of beginning my treatment. I can see your lowers are on the move. When I started, I couldn't wait for the gaps to close, but now, I'm just happy that my bite feels much better. Here's to our treatment running smoothly! :-88
Thx.... and cheers :-88 Hehe.

Danish

Ps. remember to :-} afterwards. Hehe :wink: