My road to straight teeth - updated 03-Dec-08 *PICS on p.7*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

danish

#106 Post by danish »

hi *melissa*, Andromeda, Miss Smiley and acd . thx for your comments and support. It means a lot.. :)

Those gaps in the uppers just got to start closing. If a double power chain and elastics won't do it, I really don't know what would!? :Questions: I recall that during extraction of my premolars both teeth in the upper jaw broke during extraction leaving the roots in the gums. (surgery... ouch!). I hope that it doesn't mean that my upper jaw bone is made of some never-seen-before-on-the-planet inflexible bone material. Would be kind of ironic.....
As to the elastics I use them obsessively and my self-discipline in elastics matters is impeccable! I never forget to use them. Never forget..... hehe :D
My ortho has promised me that I will brace-free before Summer. That would be 3½ months to finish up. I don't if the time frame is realistic but I hope it is. It should be. it must be.
Ok.. I know... need to relax and immerse myself in more useful activities in stead of obsessing about my gaps and future debonding. So that's what I will do now. I'll be back soon, though :-}

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Megan11

#107 Post by Megan11 »

Danish, I read your entire story and my have your teeth come along way. Gives me hope that's for sure! One i finish closing small gaps on the uppers I am done too, so I am in the same boat as you.

P.S.
Has anyone ever told you, you look like Chris McCandless? Well, at least in your default you do.
http://www.thequietman.org/imagenes/Chr ... 20solo.jpg
Am I right or, am I right? :P

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

danish

#108 Post by danish »

Hi Megan11, thx for your comments. I see what you mean about Chris McCandless... Hehe. I guess that I need to ask my father why he never told me about his trip to the US..!! Hehe :wink:

Danish

rubberbandshurt

#109 Post by rubberbandshurt »

Danish!

I just skimmed through all of your progress pictures. My, have you come a long way! Gosh, I wish now that I would have documented my progress. :(

I'm now 25 months in. You've inspired me to post at least my last few months!!

I hope to see pics of your smile naked soon!!

danish

#110 Post by danish »

thx rubberbandshurt,
never too late to start posting :wink:

Danish

ripchord

#111 Post by ripchord »

Nice progression :D

I should be getting my braces off this spring too! That's not too far away.
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!

wallywest

#112 Post by wallywest »

Hey ,
I just saw your entire progress and you got some wolverine like healing abilities because those choppers have moved pretty fast.
I consulted with this one orthodontist who kept telling me that in the case of extraction the MINIMUM time was 2 years and look at you, barely nipped the year and half mark and you look like the next adjustment is going to be your last trip to the ortho.

Anything you do differently ? do you have a fast metabolism ? anything peculiar?

I am just kidding , maybe I am subconsciously jealous you never know
LOL
Cheers

Andromeda

#113 Post by Andromeda »

Hey wallywest - I don't think the minimum treatment time is 2 years just because you have to get extractions. Maybe in your case the min time will be 2 years for some other reasons in combination with the extractions, but not everyone with extractions has to have them on that long. I shouldn't have mine on for more than 14 months total (I'm at 12 now) and I had 2 bicuspids extracted. My extraction gaps have been completely closed for several months - I think it usually takes around 9 months for them to close depending on how big the gap is. Anyway, thats just my two cents.

Danish - looking forward to hearing how your adjustment goes next week! I have mine Monday. I'm hoping for good news, but we will see....

danish

#114 Post by danish »

wallywest - hehe. Thx but no Wolverine powers here unfortunately. :-(( I think that progress at this point is way to slow (although my ortho disagrees and says that I'm right on track).

Andromeda - Yeah, I'm excited too. But I don't think that I will get a debonding date just yet. At my last adjustment my ortho wouldn't be more specific than debonding 'before Summer'. Seeing that my gaps are not closed it will probably be end of Spring and literally just before Summer!? Aaaarrrrggghhhh :-(* What to do but be patient, right? :? However, I'm looking forward to hear about your debonding arrangements. (I'm already jealous! haha :wink: )

Danish

wallywest

#115 Post by wallywest »

Andromeda wrote:Hey wallywest - I don't think the minimum treatment time is 2 years just because you have to get extractions. Maybe in your case the min time will be 2 years for some other reasons in combination with the extractions, but not everyone with extractions has to have them on that long. I shouldn't have mine on for more than 14 months total (I'm at 12 now) and I had 2 bicuspids extracted. My extraction gaps have been completely closed for several months - I think it usually takes around 9 months for them to close depending on how big the gap is. Anyway, thats just my two cents.
Hi Andromeda,
You are right , it is not necessarily 2 years , but i was referring to cases with 4 extractions. How does it feel to be at the brink of the journey.

Andromeda

#116 Post by Andromeda »

Danish - I wouldn't be too jealous just yet - although my ortho did say I'd get my debonding date on Monday, I am skeptical... I still see a lot of issues with my teeth and I don't think my teeth have moved as much as he wanted them to since my last adjustment. I'm very hopeful since he did promise a date, but I don't want to let him take these off until I'm happy (never though I'd hear myself say I'd be willing to extend my own treatment time)... gosh, haha. I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

wallywest - I guess I dont understand why 4 extractions would take more treatment time than 2 extractions. Each single extraction closes in about the same amount of time as any other on a given person, so if 1 extraction gap closes in 9 months, it should take about the same 9 months for 2 gaps to close, and also about 9 months for 4 gaps to close - since they are all closing simultaneously right? I don't know, that is just the rationale I am using in my head but it may not be right... As far as being at the brink of the journey, as I was just saying to Danish above, I'm not sure how close I really am. I peeked at my orthos computer last adjustment and it said estimated debonding date = April 5. He said he'd give me a real debonding date at my adjustment this coming Monday but I just don't know. I'm excited to get it but hoping against hope that all my teeth issues that still remain can be taken care of in time. It's not just little things - my bite is completely off and open in many areas which I think means I should have gotten elastics a long time ago but all I can do is wait til Monday and see what the plan is.

catfish

#117 Post by catfish »

Hi Danish, I just got caught up on your story. Your progress has been remarkable - your teeth look so nice now!!!

Good luck on getting those gaps to close!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Andromeda

#118 Post by Andromeda »

Hey Danish! Cant wait to hear how your appointment went today. I had mine yesterday and my ortho totally did NOT give me a debanding date like he said he would :evil: He said I'm still at least another 10-12 weeks away instead of the 4 weeks I had left in my original estimate. He gave me rubber bands to fix my bite and a new archwire with hoops, and he said to wait and see how far I've progressed next time (April 7) and I might get my removal date then... sigh. Now I will probably have them on til end of May, beginning of June :shock:

I'm going to try to be as good as you are at wearing the elastics, even though they hurt sooo bad. I know it's like the one thing I can do myself to help the process along, so I want to do a good job! I got the strongest elastics they have.

Let us know what's going on with you and maybe we will be getting our braces off around the same time now? That would be cool :)

danish

#119 Post by danish »

hi Andromeda,

Sorry to hear about the new estimate. I know exactly how you feel! You just want to hear those words from the ortho about the debonding date!!!!! My adjustment was rescheduled for Friday so I will be back shortly with an update (although progress is next to zero :-(( ).
looking at your pics it seems that you will finish WAY before me. At this point I'm not so optimistic about being able to finish before Summer, eventhough my ortho appears to be very confident about this. Well, we'll see.... :?

Danish

Andromeda

#120 Post by Andromeda »

Ah I see, well I'm sorry to hear that you don't seem to have had much progress since last time :( Maybe it's more than you think though. It's odd that you say you think I'm looking further along than you, because to me, your teeth look so much closer to being done than mine do! I think maybe we are looking at eachother's teeth for our own problem issues and of course they are not there. I look at yours and see how nice your bite is looking and how far apart my molars and bicuspids are from touching and keep thinking it will take forever for mine to look like yours! I also see how nice your front top teeth come down in front of your bottom teeth, and mine right now are sitting on top of one another - seems like it'll take ages for that too! All I really see with yours are some spaces but I don't quite understand why it would be taking til til summer to fix that. I know different people's teeth move differently though. I apparently have stubborn teeth when it comes to vertical movement, but horizontally they move very fast. I had a .5mm gap close literally in less than 12 hours yesterday after my adjustment! Haha maybe we can take my horizontal movement and your vertical movement and put them together for the perfect set of teeth! Hehe :D