my braces progress w/ pictures

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aznfayeth

my braces progress w/ pictures

#1 Post by aznfayeth »

I got clarity top braces on 12/5/04. It cost $4200, one time payment, and it should take around 2 years. My main problems are 3 crooked canines and a deep overbite.

12/5/04
You can still see the colored dots, hehe.

1/15/05
Stained ligatures, yuck. The right canine seemed to have moved a little.

1/16/05
My face is really swollen from the extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth on saturday but I still kept my adjustment appointment cause I couldnt stand the stained ligatures. My orthodontist didnt have color ligatures so he used tie wires instead.

1/17/05
I am really surprised cause there are gaps where there wasnt yesterday that I can slide my floss into easily. I guess that's why my teeth is hurting.
clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer

marcTO

#2 Post by marcTO »

your teeth look great!!!

really like the ceramic clarity brackets!!

your lucky the coloured dots have worndown! when i saw them on mine i was like "what are those dots" glad there gone now! :)
Top and Bottom Braces Full Ceramic
----------------------------------------------

thesyndicate

#3 Post by thesyndicate »

yeah but the ceramic braces add up to 6 months in progress...

2hOtT2HaNdLe01

#4 Post by 2hOtT2HaNdLe01 »

your teeth look GREAT!!!!!!what exactly are the colored dots for???? placement??? do they use them on metal brackets too?? i havent gotten mine on yet, so im jw!!!! lol

braceface75

#5 Post by braceface75 »

They look really good. Nice progress!!! :)
Michele

Braces and elastics since August 26,2004
Removable expander removed June 16,2005
Braces removed June 2,2006

catbutt

#6 Post by catbutt »

thesyndicate wrote:yeah but the ceramic braces add up to 6 months in progress...
My ortho said they don't affect treatment time at all.

aznfayeth

#7 Post by aznfayeth »

Had my 2nd adjustment today. I'm kind of disappointed because I waited 1 1/2 hours but he only changed the tie wires on my canines and the elastics on my molars. I hate how my upper teeth is splaying outward but the good thing is that my lower braces can go on next visit, yay. My left canine is really hurting now, eek.

before 2nd adjustment, 3/5/05

2nd adjustment, 3/6/05

clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer