My Braces Blog, 17 years and waiting!!!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

RahRahLuv

My Braces Blog, 17 years and waiting!!!!!!

#1 Post by RahRahLuv »

Hello all! I have been reading this site for 2 months now and I can’t begin to express such a wonderful help you all have been in helping me to decide when I was going to “take the plungeâ€

RahRahLuv

#2 Post by RahRahLuv »

ok here is in the chair at the Ortho's office

This is the side, where I always felt was my biggest problem..

Oh yeah, can't forget the front! 5min till braces!! Goodbye bad smile!!!

chillin-in-grilz

#3 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Awesome/! Your going to have an amazing smile at the end. This time i am going to beat Kiwikim and meryaton with advice lol

Before your b-day
* warm salt water rinses once a day
* setup your travel dental cleaning kit, or buy a dentakit from this site
* stock up on consumables ... wax, mouthwash, interdental brushes, stiff ended floss etc
* never forget why you're doing this
* keep a positive attitude

On your b-day
* go to the toilet
* cover your lips with balm
* keep positive

After your b-day
* continue the daily salt rinses
* wax to prevent sores
* keep your body well hydrated
* chew to increase blood flow in your gums
* make sure your oral hygiene is A1
* be confident with your decision
* remember ... braces do not prevent us from doing anything, only we can do that!
* stay positive!
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

RahRahLuv

my updated pix :)

#4 Post by RahRahLuv »

Here are the pix with my braces!!!
It has been about 3 weeks and I have been driving everyone crazy with asking the same questions and not using the search feature :lol:
Is it me, or are my teeth getting whiter?? Has anyone else noticed this with their teeth as well? Maybe it is because I am taking excellent care of them now :wink:

I got clear brackets on the top with Carolina Blue ligs (yes a bit flashy, but I am braces proud!!)
On the bottom I have regular silver with silver ligs. I like how small the silver brackets are...

M1k3y

#5 Post by M1k3y »

Welcome and in no time you will see your teeth shift. It really is exciting.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

RahRahLuv

#6 Post by RahRahLuv »

Thanks KK!! I am so excited!! I think I am going to look at the lig post and see what color I am going to get next..
I take very good care of my teeth now, I had no idea how much I did not take care of them, but my routine now is so automatic, I love it!

Laurie

#7 Post by Laurie »

Woohoo! Welcome to braces!

My teeth are whiter now for some reason too. I think we just are more aware of them and take better care as well.

Miss Smiley

#8 Post by Miss Smiley »

Oooh, you have nicely shaped teeth! You'll see that your teeth begin to align fairly quickly. Soon, no one will recognize your smile!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

RahRahLuv

#9 Post by RahRahLuv »

ooh thank you Miss Smiley! I never thought of that, all these years, like a lot of us on here hearing how crooked our teeth are, I never thought about what shape they will form when straight! I am so excited!!! :D

Cinnamon

#10 Post by Cinnamon »

Good for you RahRahLuv!!! You have a great smile and you'll have beautiful results! :D Good luck!

RahRahLuv

The dawn of my 1st adjustment!!!

#11 Post by RahRahLuv »

and I was sulking thinking wow no movement, then I compared photos!!!!

before on june 12th:

now on July 29th:

not the teeth I wanted to move, but by golly they are moving!!!
Last edited by RahRahLuv on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Smiley

#12 Post by Miss Smiley »

RahRahLuv- You and I have some long teeth! IMO, I like the long teeth look rather than shorties. Granola has a nice set going on and she was just recently de-braced. I hope your and mine come out like hers!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

RahRahLuv

new pix!!

#13 Post by RahRahLuv »

Well, I survived!! My 1st adjustment and my teeth are only a little sore, it is getting on my nerves, but I know what the outcome will be and I am so thankful for getting braces after all these years. Have noticed that my bottom teeth are more crooked now, but my ortho said it was nescacary and will work itself out during treatment. He likes to talk a lot and is so wonderful (Dr. Chandler!!)
I got the hot pink now. At first I didn’t like them because I thought it made my teeth look like they were bleeding a pon 1st glance lol. But really, everyone comes up to me now and are like, “wow! You have braces??â€

RahRahLuv

#14 Post by RahRahLuv »

Thanks JT!! I am loving this journey, I think this is the most wonderful site, it has helped me so much with support, from folks from all over the world! Just remember, nothing that is good for you will come easy and simple, braces, make me miss Jolly Ranchers hard candy!!! lol
Last edited by RahRahLuv on Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RahRahLuv

Well...Aug 19, 2007

#15 Post by RahRahLuv »

and I am still going strong, I love my braces, although I dont floss as much as I should. (not home alot these days)
My teeth are making great progress, but I will post pix once I figure out my new cam lol
I dont like the new springs, one polks so I am 24/7 waxed on that one, and the bottom spring has letft one tooth out. you can really see how they are moving because of that!
I dont like how crooked my bottom teeth are, but I can really feel the new space for my Vampire tooth. I hope it makes it so I wont have to have any extracted.
This is a process folks, I have to remember that, but I want my teeth straight now! lol