cwatt1's story -- New pics 11-16-2007 -- I see symmetry!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisa65

#61 Post by Lisa65 »

Definitely some wire straightening going on there, Cwatt! Glad the Carmex is doing its thing. It's annoying when your lips get dry and the brackets start to rub. I always have a little tub of Vaseline in my bag for those dry-lip moments.

Let's hope the spring does its thing in the next month and that wayward tooth can join its friends on the wire.

Rainy

#62 Post by Rainy »

Cwatt, your gonna be one my inspirations that my teeth will move. I am only a few weeks behind you and I hope I see movement like you have.

I think I will have to pick up some Car- max :wink: too. The Chapstix just dosnt seem to be cutting it at work with all the talking I have to do.

Rainy

cwatt1

#63 Post by cwatt1 »

Thanks for checking up on me, Small, Karen, Mark, Lisa, seriously, Rainy, and Jeni!

I'm really excited about the progress so far, and am looking forward to my first adjustment in roughly a month!

Jeni, interesting take on the Carmex -- I hadn't heard of that. Addictive, you say, because it dries out your lips?
Last edited by cwatt1 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Click here to read about my progress.

cwatt1

#64 Post by cwatt1 »

Duplicate post
Last edited by cwatt1 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiwigirl83

#65 Post by kiwigirl83 »

Wow- your teeth are really straightening up, you can really see the progress already. I hope that my teeth behave themselves as much as yours are! It must be really motivating to see the changes :)

Here's to continuing progress! :-88

cwatt1

#66 Post by cwatt1 »

Thanks for dropping by, Kiwigirl and Ken!. Yeah, slow, steady progress is what I'm after.

Thanks for the support, as always!

Clairey Fairey

#67 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Hey CWatt. Just thought I'd check out your blog.

Your progress is fantastic, especially for such a short amount of time. You can definately see that the wires are getting straighter.

I get the staining aswell with my clear ligs. By the end of 6 weeks they have usually turned a yellowish colour. I eat so many colourful foods!! (probably really unhealthy foods aswell!!)

Quick question.....what are the blue blocks on your molars for?? Sorry if you've aready explained, I only started from page 3!!

Anyway, Hope your great progress continues :D

cwatt1

#68 Post by cwatt1 »

Thanks, Linda and Clairey, for the cheers!

Clairey -- about the blue blocks -- those are molar buildups, also known as occlusal buildups or occlusal bonding. I have a deep bite and if I didn't have something to keep my bite a little more open I might chip an upper tooth on a lower bracket, or perhaps even shear one off. Not a good idea :lol:

Quite a few of us here on AW have, or have had, the molar buildups. They took a little getting used to, as most of my chewing is done with them, but they honestly don't bother me much anymore.

If I were still single I could use it as a pickup line, e.g., "You wanna see my blue teeth?" :BigTeethGrin:

Tin Indian

#69 Post by Tin Indian »

I agree Cwatt, there's definately lots of movement going on in your mouth. Feels great doesn't it ? It's always good to see movement even how minute they seem to be at times. How are the bite blocks treating you.
T.I.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

cwatt1

#70 Post by cwatt1 »

Thanks, TI! You're right, it feels really good to see movement. It makes me more convinced than ever that I've done right by myself in embarking on this journey!

The molar blocks are OK -- I'm pretty well used to them now. I've found I do have to chew carefully or I'll nip my cheeks, but that might happen even if I didn't have the buildups.

Have a great time this weekend! I think I remember where Cartier is -- right off Lake Shore Drive north of the public beach in town, right? :?:

Tin Indian

#71 Post by Tin Indian »

:D You Got It!!
Last edited by Tin Indian on Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

MommaDucky

#72 Post by MommaDucky »

Lookin' good!!! :-** :jump: :dance: You won't be able to keep the ladies away from you now...

Your pictures are fabulous, and I'm really enjoying your writing style - it's fantastic! Keep up the good work, I'll be checking on you from time to time.

Take care! :flowerbloom:
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

cwatt1

#73 Post by cwatt1 »

Aw, thanks, Katherine! You're giving me a swelled head! Me fighting off ladies with my 56 year old body and wrinkled brow?? He He He :BigTeethGrin:

But quite seriously, thanks for the kudos! I'm thrilled with my decision and with my progress so far!

LithpingLitha

#74 Post by LithpingLitha »

cwatt1~ I had to check out your lower arch. :D I do see similarities between us with the crowding and tilting. I'm very interested to see how/when those teeth will straighten vertically. I sure hope that spring works its magic so that you have room to imprison that wayward tooth. ;)

I sympathize with your lettuce woes. I can completely relate to having issues eating salads, though I'm totally impressed that you can eat raw carrots. I hope the centrals move quickly so the bumpers can become a thing of the past. :D
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

Cinnamon

#75 Post by Cinnamon »

GO CWATT :!: Image Check out that upper arch!! WOW! Congrats to you on some fabulous progress. Sounds like you are doing wonderfully and that is great to hear.

Image Here's to continued progress Image

~ Cinnamon

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image