almost done

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TracyFace

#16 Post by TracyFace »

Love your new avatar, Rhonda! That elastics configuration is... special. Going by the number of brackets with hooks I have been blessed with, I'm sure I'll have a rubber band festival coming to a mouth near me soon. :lol:

rhonda30

elastics

#17 Post by rhonda30 »

Tracyface- I like the coral ligs, they look bright and cheerful.

I had no idea what all the hooks were for when I got my braces, I guess ignorance is bliss. Needless to say I found out what the hooks were used for when she took my teeth hostage and tied them up with elastics.

I hope your hooks go unused and the festival is limited to colorful ligs.

rhonda30

#18 Post by rhonda30 »

Right when you think you have a handle on the situation the phone rings.

My ortho's office called and had to cancel my next adjustment. When I inquired when to reschedule the appt they said they would call me. I kinda figured something was a little different. It turns out my ortho is pregnant and is having a difficult time. Her doctor advised her to stay off her feet for the last trimester. Apparently she has made arrangements with a recently retired ortho who lives nearby to pick up the practice until she returns. According to the office the new ortho has to freshen up on damon brackets and appts will be delayed a couple of weeks.

I feel bad for my doctor who I really like but now having to switch orthos mid-stream is making me a little bit nervous. I was hoping to be brace free in about 7 months but this may prolong the wait.

Oh well, I'm gonna stay positive and hope the philosophy of my new ortho is the same as my old one.

Well I heard from my ortho's office and I am now scheduled for my next adjustment in three weeks. Since my last appt had been cancelled it will be a little over two months since my last adjustment. I can live with the lack of pressure that adjustments bring but I would like to make some progress and hopefully turn in my elastics.

Miss Smiley

#19 Post by Miss Smiley »

I'm sure things will progress as usual :D Don't worry, be happy! Hehehe I was watching Full House last night.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

smallbutmighty

#20 Post by smallbutmighty »

Hi Rhonda,
I have you beat on the age thing-- 65. But I only have lower braces. Too bad you will have a new ortho when you liked the other one so well, but maybe this one will be even better because of his experience. Sounds like so far you are doing great and have a wonderful attitude.
It's all in how you see yourself!

cwatt1

#21 Post by cwatt1 »

Hi Rhonda, and welcome from another 50 plusser! I'm 56 and just got my upper and lower braces fitted on July 12. And as had been stated there are a number of us oldsters :lol: here, so you're not alone!

Sorry about your ortho's difficult pregnancy -- that's stressful for her as well as for you. But it sounds like your ortho's office is doing the right thing by you. I suspect all will work out fine!

Best of luck :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

Cinnamon

#22 Post by Cinnamon »

Hey Rhonda, just checking in to see how things are going. Hope that things are coming along wonderfully and that you are liking the "new" ortho. I thought that you deserved a cheer or two right about now: ImageImageImage

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image

rhonda30

almost done

#23 Post by rhonda30 »

Happy Holidays.

I thought I would be braceless for Christmas but no such luck. Word is that early part of 2008. (2008 sounds funny but just next month.)

My daughter-in-law and I share the same ortho. She says her braces are cuter. Hmmmm....but alas mine will be off sooner.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

[img][img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... pycopy.jpg[/img][/img]

OBG

#24 Post by OBG »

No braces for Christmas would have been a nice gift but an extra month or two is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure your daughter-in-law will be jealous when your smile is au natural.

Enjoy the holidays.

rhonda30

photos

#25 Post by rhonda30 »

When I mentioned in my last post that my daughter-in-law thought her braces looked cuter than mine I told her that I posted a photo of the two us together. Prove once and for all that mine are nicer. (Does having more elastics count for anything?) She laughed and when she went to the site she was unable to retrieve the photo. I am posting this to try and repost the photo.
Last edited by rhonda30 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OBG

#26 Post by OBG »

Sounds like you and your daughter-in-law are having a little family fun with your braces. You both wear them well and remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Miss Smiley

#27 Post by Miss Smiley »

Beauties and their Braces! Lookin good Rhonda!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

KateinCO

Awesome pics

#28 Post by KateinCO »

I think you both look cute and very holiday festive!! I am hoping I will look that cute when I get closer to the end of my treatment!!

Thanks for posting your story, Rhonda ... it's a great read! I am hoping to see the final results in a short time from you! Looking forward to seeing before and after pictures to help keep me motivated!! :)

Happy Holidays!
Kate

rhonda30

#29 Post by rhonda30 »

OBG, Miss Smiley, KateinCo thanks for the kind words. My philosophy is we might as well try to enjoy all things including our orthodontic experience. My daughter-in-law and I try to have fun with the braces we have in common. She called me last night and said she had an ortho appt this week and was going to try and get colored ligs for the holidays. She would then be definately cuter. (She is anyway).
I don't know if you can get colored ligs with damon braces, I have never had them with mine. I will try to get her to post a photo if she gets them.

Thanks again and keep smiling.

OBG

colored ligs with damon brackets

#30 Post by OBG »

Your photo is really cute- I bet she doesn't look forward to the teasing you will give her when your teeth are naked.

I don't see why you can't get colored ligs with damon brackets. I don't have them but I would think they would have ligs like regular brackets.