Carolinahigh12's story...I HATE ELASTIC MONKEY BANDS!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cwatt1

#46 Post by cwatt1 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:08 am

Terrific that you've adjusted so well, Carolina! Though I'm not particularly surprised since you seemed to do pretty well with your spacers!

Here's to continued progress and pain-free days!

Click here to read about my progress.

Carolinahigh12

#47 Post by Carolinahigh12 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:36 pm

It has been a LONG time since I post to my blog and an even longer time since I have been to the website. Sorry that I have been "incognito" for awhile, but anywho, I am back.

So lets catch up to speed to where I am today...

If you can tell by my ticker, I have been to few adjustments as of today( and if you are not reading this on Feb 22, then my next adjustment is on april 03 2008 ) and I have had pink ligs ( which are my FAVORITE) silver, and blue and now I am in purple. I have also started powerchains on my lower arch ( which is no fun, but I am getting used to it). I am also in Monkey bands, changing them twice a day with 24hr wear. I am not a fan of Monkey bands either, I guess it is something I will have to get use too.

I finally got my upper archwire changed. I am in a rectangluar archwire in my upper arch. This adjustment ( 02-21-08) hurt more than getting wired in the beginning :) but its all good though..... I guess :)

I was reading back on my own blog and realizing that compaired to others, I still have a long way to go. Not much progress has happened over the past 6 months, but I cant really blame the treatment. I missed two appointments in the past 2 months, so I am really just playing catch up now, but I should be okay once I go to my April adjustment. Some of the small spacing has closed up but the major space ( extraction site) still has the rubber tube over the archwire. My ortho told me that he will work on that with my next adjustment. I am not really rushing perfection, just waiting on the end product.

Other than that, it is just a normal life in braces. I hadnt had any problems ( no broken pieces, no lost brackets, still no wax :)). I am only 6 months into treatment and I am not rushing a thing. :) I hope that if you are reading this, that it reaches you in a good of spirits as I am today!!!

TTYL and this time I will keep updating in a more timely fashion :-1
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Carolinahigh12

#48 Post by Carolinahigh12 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:13 pm

okay, I know what you are thinking...Why does she HATE monkey elastics? Well, for 1. They hurt. Well the elastics doesnt but the pressure does. 2. I have to remember to change them 2xs per day.

But anywho, I am not too satisfied with the discomfort ( I shouldnt say pain, because I have been in worst pain than what I am experiencing right now). And I know that these bands are the lightest ones to start off with, but geez, I started monkeys 2 1/2 months in treatment. :( maybe as the days go by and I follow the rules with wearing these monkey bands I will feel better. But as of right now, I HATE MONKEY BANDS!!!
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~