UK Mark's story - 15th adjustment, 68 weeks

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MommaDucky

#106 Post by MommaDucky »

Good to hear that you're seeing some major changes, Mark -- Congrats!
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

hannahwebbo

#107 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Mark,

Just got caught up on your story, wow the time has flown by and you've reached your third adjustment already. Its great that your progress is going along so well. Cant wait to see more progress pics when you get them.

Hope it all keeps on going well

Hannah

markybwoy

mark has a new wire!

#108 Post by markybwoy »

I just got back from my 4th adjustment visit. Plenty of people have been saying, "it will go by quickly" and they have been right. It has been 18 weeks and it has just whizzed by. It doesn't seem that over 4 months has gone by since I stepped out of the ortho's office in July minus two teeth and plus a bunch of brackets.

Big adjustment today, I was in for almost an hour. Big news - I am now sporting a new wire on the lowers! He says the alignment on the lowers is now finished and we're on to the next phase. My new wire is an "1825" (whatever that means!) and it is square. My lowers are feeling a bit tighter so far. I also got my front two upper brackets replaced. It's quite unpleasant having brackets removed because they shatter and it pinches a bit, but it's over in a split-second. I am a bit shocked because my upper left incisor never went on the wire. The bracket has been replaced but it was never actually used! The one missing will be "many months" before it goes onto the wire, so I think he's just keeping it glued to my tooth in case he loses it!!

Next visit is just before Christmas, so I'll update my pics in December. They will be good, loads of changes to show now :D

Lisa65

#109 Post by Lisa65 »

Hi Mark
Great that things are going well for you. Time does fly, doesn't it? I hope the square wire isn't too much of a shock for you at first. When I first got one, I felt some pretty heavy duty movement going on for a few days.

Look forward to seeing your new pics when you get some up.

hannahwebbo

#110 Post by hannahwebbo »

wow Mark.

It's great to hear that you have moved on to the next part of your treatment and glad to hear that the time is flying by

Apparantly those square wires really get things moving from what i have read in other peoples stories.

Still cant wait to see those pictures but i guess ill have to wait til near christmas.

Hope your progress keeps on going well

Hannah x

markybwoy

#111 Post by markybwoy »

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!

Did I mention, ouch?

This new square wire has given me a spot of trouble lately. It's like way back in the start when I first got spacers, so I've been back on the soup and mashed potato. I've also been applying wax again on the right as the new wire is rubbing my cheek a bit. After about four days I could bite down again and its all subsided now, back to normal. Phew.

hannahwebbo

#112 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Mark

It's great to hear that the pain you had has subsided now. All you have to think is that when there is pain there is definitly movement going on.

Still can't wait to see those progress pictures.

Take care

Hannah x

markybwoy

#113 Post by markybwoy »

Yes, I'm fine now, it was just 3 days of a little tenderness when chewing. I broke my foot a few years ago and for sure that is REAL pain. Braces are nothing compared to that. I'm just fishing for sympathy hehe :D

Here's my the latest pictures :

Lowers --

July 2007 :

November 2007 :

Full frontal effect --

July 2007 :

November 2007 :

Words can't really express how thrilled I am so far. The changes in 20 weeks are staggering and I am so glad I started this. Sure, there were a couple of low points but that seems so minor when I look at these pictures. I'm prepared for the fact that the next 20 weeks won't be quite so staggering as the future movements are probably more subtle. But, I'm so happy so far and not at all self-conscious, I love it when people spot my braces (which is very very rare) even though I'm doing more training at work lately. In fact I'm off to do another course for 12 people this afternoon.

I'm back at the ortho in 11 days, the visits are coming round so incredibly quickly.

Thanks for all your kind comments. Laters!

Miss Smiley

#114 Post by Miss Smiley »

Marky, your changes sure are staggering! I think your teeth look great, I can't believe it has only been 20 weeks.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

EllieUK13

#115 Post by EllieUK13 »

Hi Mark :-1

Just caught up on your story! Good posts you have there! And your teeth are looking great! :lol:

I am puzzled by all the different shapes of wire! What is your Square one doing? :?

Click here to go straight to my Brace story

hannahwebbo

#116 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Mark,

:shock: Wow those pictures were definitly worth the wait. The progress that you have made is fantastic. I cant believe that so much has happened in only 20 weeks. No wonder you are thrilled.

I hope your next appointment goes well

Hannah x

hannahwebbo

#117 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Mark,

:shock: Wow those pictures were definitly worth the wait. The progress that you have made is fantastic. I cant believe that so much has happened in only 20 weeks. No wonder you are thrilled.

I hope your next appointment goes well

Hannah x

markybwoy

5th visit

#118 Post by markybwoy »

My 5th visit was yesterday. 22 weeks and counting!

I'm now sporting an "1825" square wire on the top as well as the bottom. I'm told that the 0.16 round wire I had at first is good for alignment and the square is better at closing gaps.

The new wires are not as discreet as the thinner round wires. I think you can see them from a distance more, but I'm not self-conscious at all now.

A couple of slight twinges during lunch today, not as sore as when I first got the square on the lowers, but a bit similar. Oats and hot milk for breakfast - giving toast a miss for a couple of days!

Cinnamon

#119 Post by Cinnamon »

WOW markybwoy!!! What fantastic progress you've had :!: :D Congratulations ~ your smile is already quite transformed! Best of luck with your new square wire. Here's to more amazing changes :-88

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image

markybwoy

The saga continues

#120 Post by markybwoy »

So, the saga continues!

My 6th adjustment went very smoothly. All the wires came off for a good clean around and new ligs of course.

The same wire went back onto the uppers, but a new "1925" went onto the lowers accompanied with a comment, "humm, this will really move things along.." That got me worried I was in for some tenderness again, but hardly any this time. The 1925 is slightly thicker and square as well. Its purpose is to squeeze my lower gaps together. They are coming along. I'll take some more shots after the next visit in February.

Take care everyone and smile with pride.

- Mark