Rare sight : My Overcrowded teeth on braces....

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sgguy

#46 Post by sgguy »

Post Op 1 month 3 wks 4 days : Review one week for possible infection.. surgeon say could be jus irritation of the gums caused by bone dust from the sawing of the upper jaw bone during surgery... given the same antibiotics and to review again 2 wks later...

sgguy

#47 Post by sgguy »

Post Op 2 months 1 wk 4 days : Review fater 2 wks ... swelling has gone down significantly... surgeon did a small cut on the still slightly swollen gum to see if anything inside, den washed the region with antiseptic solution.. to review 1 wk later

sgguy

#48 Post by sgguy »

Post Op 2 months 2 wks 4 days : Review after 1 wk.... swelling seems abt the same as last week and still slightly sensitive... surgeon says let it heal by itself.
Next normal review for jaw one month later..

whiskers00182

#49 Post by whiskers00182 »

Hi! Just wanted to say that your story is amazing and your an inspiration! Thank you for taking the time to post your story and progress its amazing to see and read everything! Keep it up, I'm sure on not the only one taking a peek every time you post!!! It will be awesome to see that final result!

:)

sgguy

newly taken photos taken by my newly bought camera phone :D

#50 Post by sgguy »

Hi all ! I jus got a new camera phone so jus now took a few pictures..

Teeth wif braces ( Post-Op : 2 months , 2 wks, 5 days )

sgguy

One more wisdom tooth extraction!!

#51 Post by sgguy »

Yup... I've got to remove the only remaining wisdom tooth in my mouth.. located on my lower jaw.. that's after i remove braces ..

real2

#52 Post by real2 »

You will have a great smile :)

BTW impressive mid-line.

Mine is a little bit off still, but the currently prescribed elastic treatment is slowly doing its job.

Luckily, you won't need a fixerup :)

shinyRiver

#53 Post by shinyRiver »

:D Your teeth look AMAZING. I don't know anything about jaw surgery, so I can't be much help with your questions, but I can tell you that it looks like it really worked for you! I hope you're healing well!

sgguy

Debrace day photos :)

#54 Post by sgguy »

Hi all!!

I've removed my braces today, after wearing them for 3 years :D
Now on plastic Essix retainers.. to be worn every night for at least 8 hours during sleep for the REST OF MY LIFE ..

Photos on the right taken one hour after debrace
Some "before vs after" photos after 3 yrs of braces and double jaw surgery

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

sgguy

#55 Post by sgguy »

As some of you may know, I was on braces for 3 yrs and did a double jaw surgery. I needed to remove some teeth by my surgeon before surgery. However, due to some overlook or miscommunication, one wisdom tooth that was supposed to be removed at that time was NOT extracted.

My ortho refused to admit any miscommunication and claimed it was a "small thing" to jus remove a wisdom tooth, even after removal of braces.

When I went to remove the wisdom tooth at my surgeon, she told me I cannot extract the wisdom tooth as my jaw surgery was still recent and further healing was needed til maybe at least around June/July. And she said I might need to do ANOTHER SURGERY to remove the bone plates inserted during surgery which is at the widom tooth area!!

This is a very serious overlook/miscommunication and someone has to bear the responsiblity .. don't u think so?

P.S : Anyone who wans to know who my ortho and surgeon is can PM me.

sgguy

#56 Post by sgguy »

Some amendments to be added to previous post :

As some of you may know, I was on braces for 3 yrs and did a double jaw surgery. I needed to remove 3 wisdom teeth and 1 upper tooth by my surgeon just before surgery. I was ordered to remove them just before surgery and had to wait for 6 weeks to have the wounds healed, thereby delaying my surgery. I was wondering all along why the teeth were not taken out earlier. My ortho claimed further adjustments of the wire to straighten my teeth were needed and it would coincide wif the timing of my surgery. The wisdom teeth were NOT bonded all along and they were located at the end of the mouth, so how could it affect the straightening of my other teeth?? I suspect my ortho did not communicate wif my surgeon earlier regarding this 6 week healing period therefore creating the delay.

Due to some overlook or miscommunication, one wisdom tooth that was supposed to be removed at that time was NOT extracted.

My ortho refused to admit any miscommunication and claimed it was a "small thing" to jus remove a wisdom tooth on my own free time, even after removal of braces.

So, I decided to extract this tooth wif a dentist friend of mine but he was not free, so i went to my surgeon instead.

When I went to remove the wisdom tooth at my surgeon, she told me I cannot extract the wisdom tooth as my jaw surgery was still recent and further healing was needed til maybe at least around June/July. And she said I might need to do ANOTHER SURGERY to remove the bone plates inserted during surgery which is at the widom tooth area!!

I was shocked that had I extracted that tooth wif my dentist friend, something bad could have happened to my jaw!!!

This is a very serious overlook/miscommunication and someone has to bear the responsiblity .. don't u think so?

P.S : Anyone who wans to know who my ortho and surgeon is can PM me.

sgguy

Re: Rare sight : My Overcrowded teeth on braces....

#57 Post by sgguy »

Hi all,

A few hours ago on Tuesday of 20th November 2012, I've just removed the bone plates and screws on my jaw bone after my double jaw surgery 3 years ago..

There is no need for the Urine tube but the Glucose drip is needed. But it was removed before I woke up :) I was discharged a few hours shortly after the operation cos the surgery center will be closed by night time. So there're no overnight stayers.

It's a relatively short and simple operation. Just took 1 hour or so only. Nothing compared to jaw surgery. It's advisable to do this operation not later than 1 year cos the bone will grow over the plates and screws and the surgeon need to drill the bone away first (which is what happened in my case <_< )

Only my cheeks are quite swollen (like after a wisdom teeth extraction) but it's expected to subside significantly within a week. My lips are okay. There is no numbness at all.

Teeth do not need to be tied up unlike in jaw surgery, so I was able to eat SOLID food right away :)

Btw, this is an OPTIONAL surgery. It's ur choice if u want to remove them or not.

Below is a photo I've just taken at home of the bone plates and screws.

bbsadmin

Re: Rare sight : My Overcrowded teeth on braces....

#58 Post by bbsadmin »

This topic has been locked due to duplicate content, but is not locked in the Oral Surgery Forum.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!