OK, I give in *July 30 Adj. p37*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisa65

#361 Post by Lisa65 »

Hey birthday buddy! Sorry you've been having trouble with sore spots and ulcers. I'm glad that tooth with the dark spot has stopped hurting now. Hopefully a short break has done it good. I'm sure you won't have to give up bacon. The bracket breaking off was a good thing anyway, as it meant they got to have a good look at that painful tooth, and hopefully catch any problems before they get worse.

I've just scrolled up to your pics and WOW. Things have come on so much in the last few months. Hopefully this birthday will be your last one in wires.

Isn't it fun looking at X-rays and seeing how things have changed? I'm hoping DG does another one soon for me, as my last one was October.

Miss Smiley

#362 Post by Miss Smiley »

Hey all!
Jenny & OhNicole - I am feeling quite well now!

Lisa - Birthday buddy, indeed, I have decided not to give up bacon!

I had my June adjustment today, it was a long one. I found out that one of the ortho assistants broke her wrist in 3 places so she will be out for a minimum of 3 months. She was one of the better assistants too. I got the spring removed, had tons of IPR done on my uppers and lowers, I'm back in powerchains, and I have my class II elastic back on my right side. My teeth are pretty sore today, luckily my left pre-molar is feeling back to wonderful, my ortho decided to leave it alone until my next adjustment so I still have the piece of tubing over it. I heard him ask to put my old pictures and model on his desk for review. WIERD..... I hope I hear good news at my next adjustment or any sign of a debanding date coming up. I have taken pictures, give me a couple days to get those up here. Thanks for stopping by!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

grneydfairy

#363 Post by grneydfairy »

Sorry to hear about that assitant... It's always comforting finding someone who is good working on your teeth, and to lose that person sucks.

Hopefully you like your ortho?

Miss Smiley

#364 Post by Miss Smiley »

So those gaps from the IPR have closed up and I can't believe my midline matches!!!!!! I have some pics below, the one on the left is they day I got back from my adjustment and the right side is from last year. I was braced in April but I didn't have decent pics from then. ENJOY!

jenny101101

#365 Post by jenny101101 »

Wow, your teeth have gone through quite a transformation!! They look amazing, Miss Smiley!! :banana:
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

grneydfairy

#366 Post by grneydfairy »

THEY LOOK AMAZING!!!!

iBorg

#367 Post by iBorg »

So are you feeling like the end is near?

You've made great progress and must be getting anxious to become what i refer to as a Speed Flosser.

Thanks for sharing. I never knew IPR could make so dramatic of a change.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

insinu8

#368 Post by insinu8 »

Miss Smiley, your progress is stunning. Those pictures really illustrate how far you've come and it's awesome! Makes me smile seeing someone getting such good results :) I hope you're feeling positive about it. Image
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

OhNicole

#369 Post by OhNicole »

Great pics Miss Smiley, and what a long way your teeth have come! You must be doing the happy dance :banana:
~Nikki~
23 year old brace face and proud of it!

My story is well under way! Follow along in my thread.

Miss Smiley

#370 Post by Miss Smiley »

jenny & grneydfairy - Thanks for the compliment!!!!!! It makes me feel as though all this money is a sound investment.

iBorg - Is there ever an end in regards to oral health? I can't wait until I can get back into the floss racing scene again. I like living on the dangerous side, flossing faster than the posted legal limit. IPR has done wonders, just you wait and see when I post my new pics of my matching midline! Already corrected, I think it happened overnight after the IPR.

insinu8 & OhNicole - YOU BETCHA I'm feeling great! Once I saw my midline matching up again I was doing a dance in front of the bathroom sink with the floss still hanging out of my mouth.

As you have probably read, my midline is matching and I am so happy! My teeth are still a tad sore but they seem to be working on some sort of plan. This soreness is nothing like my bacon fiasco, because I can still bite into burgers, crunchy tacos and hot dogs. I don't think I will be having any further dramatic changes from here on but I may be wrong! I will post pics later.

Miranbrady20

#371 Post by Miranbrady20 »

OMG the change is so dramitic! i bet your bursting with excitement that your teeth are looking so good!... everything is lined up beautifully! I can't wait to see mine moving ... congrast on the progess! 8)

Miss Smiley

#372 Post by Miss Smiley »

After the one year mark, things seem to slow down... I guess it's because there isn't any major movement I'm looking for. My midline has fixed and I will post a picture of that soon. My bite is closing on the right side, the left side will be dealt with at my next adjustment, after giving my lower left pre-molar a break, refer to p34. There isn't much to talk about besides the fact that I have been wearing my rubberband religiously, I've come down with an awful cough, and I got Guitar Hero for my NDS (Oh and just in time because I just finished Cooking Mama 2). I have missed work for a couple days, I'm on antibiotics right now and codeine for my disgusting cough which has made it nearly impossible to sleep through the night. Will post a midline picture soon, probably in the morning after I get a good night's rest, I hope.

Miss Smiley

#373 Post by Miss Smiley »

Denise- Thank you much, I feel better today and I have my voice back!!

Now, here's that midline picture taken just days after having had IPR, new config of powerchains and my same class II elastic on the right.

xOx SwEeTtReAtS xOx

#374 Post by xOx SwEeTtReAtS xOx »

your teeth look awesome!! I actually had a quick question, you had IPR done i seen, how did your ortho do it?? and did it hurt, b/c i have to have it done and thats one thing i'm hesitant about i can't picture someone shaving away my teeth :?. Again though your teeth look wonderful keep us updated!! :D

Sentence: 14 months
Upper and Lower
Follow my story by clicking WWW!! :)

Miss Smiley

#375 Post by Miss Smiley »

I have a headache, I can't tell if it's from the lack of sleep or from my teeth moving about. I forgot to mention in my last adjustment update, that my ortho ran out of clear powerchains... He stuck me with smoke chains and clear ligs. Why on earth didn't he just put smoke on all?