OK, I give in *July 30 Adj. p37*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miss Smiley

#421 Post by Miss Smiley »

I would love to post more pictures but I don't have any and am not daring to try and take them from this crazy laptop camera. Maybe I will be able to have them up from my records appt. I will try and find my camera but more pictures will have to wait.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Miss Smiley

#422 Post by Miss Smiley »

A month into my treatment

Current

A month into my treatment

Current

Bekah

#423 Post by Bekah »

Wow! Look what happens when I go MIA! They look great lady! I just got extractions yesterday so you give me lots of hope!!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

*melissa*

#424 Post by *melissa* »

Your teeth look awesome!

Miss Smiley

#425 Post by Miss Smiley »

Bekah and Melissa, boy has it been a while since I've been on here.

What a journey it has been. Seeing that I only have two weeks left, I really hope that things will stay put and not relapse. I'm wondering what happened to some of the folks that used to come on here all the time like Lisa, Meryaten, iBorg, and mottsrod.

*melissa*

#426 Post by *melissa* »

You're soo close to be brace freeee...how excited are you?! :D

I've seen a few posts by Meryaten over in the linguals forum... the others might not know the board is back up again after being read only for awhile..

PrincessMelody

#427 Post by PrincessMelody »

WOW! You're teeth look great Miss Smiley. I was more familiar with the first picture, lol. That's how they looked when I was last lurking on here. And now you're going to be free soon. Congrats! I enjoyed taking my naked teeth to Disneyland... hope you do as well :D
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

iBorg

Where have I been

#428 Post by iBorg »

For the first time in what seems like forever I actually had a chance to stop by AW. Somewhere between being Dad and a husband, Cubmaster, teaching two classes that I'm not prepared for, remodeling a house (who knew a simple electric outlet could be so much trouble, a couple of other projects (getting a Cub Scout website up and modifying a car), I just don't spend much time here.

Your teeth look GREAT.

Do me a favor and email me so we can catch up with what all is going on.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

brika

#429 Post by brika »

Wow, your smile looks amazing, Miss Smiley! I love those powerchain colors.
It's fantastic that your debanding is right around the corner...sounds like you'll be needing to pick out that Hawley design soon. ;)
Congrats, and I hope debanding date comes quickly for you!

Miss Smiley

#430 Post by Miss Smiley »

Thanks Brika, I will have to wait on the hawleys. I'll be getting an implant to take the place of a 2nd molar where I previously had a bridge. Then I will be getting some new crowns also to replace the remaining pieces of the severed bridge.

iBorg! Where have you been and how are the jr iBorgs doing?! I'm excited to almost be done with this crazy journey. First stop when these things come off, implant!

Princess Melody, indeed, debanding might be cause for a trip to Mickey and Minnie's house to smile away in all these kooky photos! Honestly, it's been way too cold to be outdoors, I'm not trying to get sick from that nasty virus going around.

melissa, I am WAY excited, but this just opens a whole new can of worms.

I think my midline has shifted half a hair which is awesome news!!!!!! Another half of a hair and I'm brace free!!!!

Rebelda

#431 Post by Rebelda »

Just now checking out your progress---very nice!!! Good for you for trying to get perfection--after all, what's one more month? Can't wait to see those babies brace-free! :jump:

danish

#432 Post by danish »

hi Miss Smiley, just wanted to say that you have come a long way and your teeth look perfect! :-** Looking forward to hear more about the debonding and life in retainer.

Danish :)
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Miss Smiley

#433 Post by Miss Smiley »

So I had a good talk about my midline and how much movement we've had. He said that even if it moved over just the hair, that it would revert back that last hair. The movement I saw before was in the angle that I took my pictures. He said we could keep going and see where it goes, but told me that it was solely up to me. I decided, I'm good with where it's at and I couldn't really notice that my midline was off once the braces were off. I was ecstatic! It was an hour long appointment and I forgot how white my teeth were. I still have white spots from when I was a kid so it can be masked with a bit of bleaching, if not, I'll just get veneers. But no white spots from the brackets! YAY! I have a bonded retainer on the lowers and will get a set of Essix. After my restorations are done, I will get hawleys. I was told that the essix were only my temporary retainers. I will post some pictures later, as I haven't had a thing to eat for 4 hours, I am eating a chimichanga and will brush afterwards. There wasn't any real pain, just some sensitivity in my lowers and a couple of stubborn brackets.

iBorg

#434 Post by iBorg »

Let me be the first to say CONGRATS!!!!!

You've finished the journey without getting lost!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Miss Smiley

#435 Post by Miss Smiley »

iBorg - Thank you, I'm happy with my decision. My lips are still figuring out how to move over my teeth. This bonded lower is still taking me some getting used to. I keep playing with it.