OK, I give in *July 30 Adj. p37*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miss Smiley

#16 Post by Miss Smiley »

I forgot to mention that I had curry with my smoke colored ligs and no staining :!: I was so impressed, supposedly these new ligs are all stain resistant but we'll see.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

LaaLaa

#17 Post by LaaLaa »

Wow, Miss Smiley, your brackets sure do look cool. :thumbsup: They're so clear and pretty. A nice contrast with your pearly whites. My ceramics look nothing like yours, they seem dull. :soremouth: They are looking especially sad with the addition of my recently stained neon-green looking ties sitting right next to them. :gavel: Hmm, I wonder if I can request the silver ligs next time because they look great on yours. By the way is there are difference between ties and ligs?? My ortho and ortho assistant always talk about ties and them staining but never ligs. :Questions: Keep us updated with pics!!

Miss Smiley

#18 Post by Miss Smiley »

Laalaa-I think ligs are the elastomeric ones and ties are wires ties. Anyone, help?

Today, I guess I took too long of a nap with my mouth open, my brackets are chafing and things are cutting. Oh yeah, the ortho's office put out only Orthosil and I hate the stuff! BOO :cry: I want him to bring back the regular flavored waxes. For now, I'll use anything to keep a buffer between my brackets and my poor mouth. I forgot I bought the lip protectors a while back, I can use those! Okay, It's 1:31am over here and I have to get up in 5 hours. I'll be back here when I get in to my office.
Last edited by Miss Smiley on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaaLaa

#19 Post by LaaLaa »

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the brackets. :( Hopefully, the wax er Orthosil will help a little. By the way I too hate Orthosil!! They never seem to stick!! Although, I found that if you have a poking wire in the back of your mouth, balling up a gunk of Orthosil and just sticking that on there seems to work better and stays longer than regular wax. :wink:

Miss Smiley

#20 Post by Miss Smiley »

Hahaha rebel I am indeed! I picked up the brush, looked at it and said "You know what?! I'm not brushing today, it's too darn early in the morning. I'll use you later, when I feel like it!" Then I was off to the ortho with my hair going every which way possible.

RE: Orthosil
I miss the flavors and the ability to just use a tiny bit of wax and have it stay. The big gunk of rubber-like wax is just not appealing to me. I nearly fell off my chair as I was sitting in the office eating my protein bar. I was chewing and suddenly, something extra gummy was in my bite of yougurt, honey, peanut heaven! So I spat out what was in my mouth and found the culprit, a giant glob of stupid orthosil! BLECH!!!!!! What did I do to deserve such wrong from my wax?! I had to enjoy the rest of my protein bar while getting my cheek cut up. It was a bittersweet morning.

RE: Glow in the dark ligs
I usually go out at night and sometimes I go to posh bars, I don't want to be the lady in braces that glow in the dark because of the blacklights. It's bad enough trying to keep lipstick off of the brackets.

Miss Smiley

#21 Post by Miss Smiley »

Yeah, I dried and dried until my bf said "OH MY GOSH! Just put the wax on it already!" I said "NO! I have to make sure my teeth and brackets are really dry or else they'll just fall off and be worthless." I think it's the gummy texture of it that is unappealing to me. I'm too lazy to run out and get some regular wax because I'm just too tired after work and going to the gym. I don't feel like ordering it online because I will end up buying things I really don't need or probably won't use. I buy things just because they look cool and I could try them but probably won't find then useful most of the time. I am really bored at work, can you tell by my long postings? It seems like I don't have much to do at work other than sitting around and answering the 10 phone calls which I transfer to my boss's voicemail.

Miss Smiley

#22 Post by Miss Smiley »

He usually has wax but I guess he likes to switch it up every so often, the last time I was there he only had wax. This time, all he had was orthosil.

On another note, my teeth are killing me today. One central, lateral on the upper and my canines on the bottom and 2 molars on my right, one on top and the other on the bottom. Why o why must this be today?!

Miss Smiley

#23 Post by Miss Smiley »

:dance: Awesome, I will go grab some chocolates right now!

Wired Skull

#24 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi Miss Smiley.

Looking really great. I was just wondering why you started with a rectangular wire? They usually ends up later during the treatment. Looking at your extracted teeth made me aware that I have to take a serious descion about if I should pull two teeth in the upper jaw to correct my overbit. Not so sure I want that and all the rubberbands necessary to move things around.

I also finds it cool with colored ligatures on your brackets. I too is wondering if I should go for some color at next appointment. It sure makes the idea with clear brackets a bit pointless though :lol: but might look good. I was thinking about blue or maybe white in case I get a bit self-concious.

//Wired Skull
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

Nickie

#25 Post by Nickie »

Hi there

Just a comment on the cover you have on your wire over the extraction site...

I have the same thing and the first time they put something similar on it like you have. I complained about the staining and now they put a very tightly wound coil/spring thing on it that does the same thing but is metal. It's much better and they reuse it every time.

Good luck!

Miss Smiley

#26 Post by Miss Smiley »

I got tired of the clear, my cousin is going through tx too and she has the same brakcets with the same ortho. She just got wire ties and she loves them, I'm thinking of asking for them but she's also preparing for surgery. I got tired of the ugly colors so I figured I'd atleast try a cute color that I like. As for the nasty staining on the tubing, I'm not too worried about it because I go in every 3 weeks, hopefully I can do away with them soon.

Miss Smiley

Update...

#27 Post by Miss Smiley »

My teeth are killing me! I better be seeing tons of movement soon!! Here is a comparison.
**I took the picture off but feel free to look at the other ones**
Last edited by Miss Smiley on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Smiley

#28 Post by Miss Smiley »

Aw shucks Karen, thanks :-#) I was actually starting to think that the canines weren't going to budge.

kirjax

#29 Post by kirjax »

okay your teeth to me look like there was room in there w/out extractions? I always wonder if extractions are always necessary or if certain orthos just go extraction happy on patients LOL

looking good btw!

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

Laurie

#30 Post by Laurie »

Those arch wires defineately look less curvy!