jt2lang is still thrilled... heartbeat on page 28 ha!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lionfish

#31 Post by lionfish »

Lionfish I have to admit that I was never very good at Scuba diving, although that's probably because I didn't do it very often. The last time I went -- a few years ago now -- my weight belt came off and I flopped around on the surface on my back like a sick whale :lol:
A weight integrated BCD would take care of that, cwatt1.

Sorry to hijack your thread, jt2lang. I can wholeheartedly recommend scuba - a fabulous sport that takes you to all sorts of wonderful places.

Tin Indian

#32 Post by Tin Indian »

JT- I Am SOO jealous of you skydiving. You look like you were having the time of your life! I have always wanted to do just that but never pursued it to much but that is something I would love to do before I die. I give you all the kudos girl- YOU ROCK!
T.I.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Tin Indian

#33 Post by Tin Indian »

Nah- I'd like a new Harley and a tattoo. But maybe someday the sky WILL come callin my name!
T.I..
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

mikecl

#34 Post by mikecl »

JT

Congratulations on your skydive - My then girlfriend (now wife) and I visited the States nearly 9 (?!) years ago and for her 25th birthday I bought her a tandem skydive at San Sebastian in Florida. Not wanting to be outdone I had to have a go myself and diving out of a plane at 13,500ft is an experience and rush I will never forget.

I agree that you do not think you are falling and the 60 secs of freefall feels so much longer when you are freefalling but seems over in a blink when the canopy opens (hope that makes sense).

I recommend it to anyone who has a fear of heights or flying - returning from this trip from the US we were flying back to the Isle of Man (from Manchester, England) when our pilot announced we were cruising at 12,500ft and we couldn't help but laugh when we realised we had jumped from a perfectly good plane flying a 1,000ft higher !

All the best

Mike
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Upper Ceramic Brace - 11 May 2007
1 Extraction and Lower Ceramic Brace - 13 July 2007
2 x Elastics - 9 April 2008

Story so far...
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... c&start=30

Laurie

#35 Post by Laurie »

Wow! Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft .... sound great to me! :lol:

SDFD TSchott

#36 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I have to agree with jt2lang in fact skydiving is a fun sport if you know what your doing... however when I actually jumped out of my first ever perfectly good airplane I was like everyone else... why the heck am I doing this?

Turns out I was doing it cause I was doing some training well at least that's what I was told. now with that in mind I don't mind doing it again and again as I'm used to the falling from an airplane :)

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

kiwigirl83

#37 Post by kiwigirl83 »

Good on you for going skydiving!!! :)

I have been skydiving and bungee jumping and have to say skydiving is loads more fun!

The moment before you jump out of the plane is terrifying and every nerve in your body starts screaming 'why?! why?!'. It's totally against human nature to leave that plane. But the freefall and then the gentle parachute down is glorious.

Highly reccommended!!!

p.s. Don't worry about screaming- you seriously don't have time. The most I could manage was a small gasp.

Laurie

#38 Post by Laurie »

That's what I was noticing! You have an overbite now!

cwatt1

#39 Post by cwatt1 »

Jeni, looks like your well on your way to a Class I. That's terrific progress :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

Milk n Cereal

#40 Post by Milk n Cereal »

Things are looking good Jeni! :thumbsup: Now to get that canine to behave ;)

Click on WWW below for my story!

Lisa65

#41 Post by Lisa65 »

Let's hear it for Class I :dance:

Bracketed upper 7's aren't that bad really. I've had mine done for a while now. The only thing is the potential problem of poking archwires as those teeth tend to be close to your cheeks. Just make sure you ask your ortho to smooth down any rough edges and clip the wire as close as possible, and hopefully you'll be fine.

Let's hope that canine gets the message and untwists. Great news that you are getting to keep it though.

minlou01

#42 Post by minlou01 »

Bravo! Here's to a shortened treatment time and great results!

3/10/07 Upper Wisdom Teeth Extracted
3/24/07 Lower Wisdom Teeth Extracted-Major Complications (Fractured Jaw & Dry Sockets) Postponed B-Day by 2 Months
6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!

Laurie

#43 Post by Laurie »

That's fantastic news! I love it when I hear of someone's teeth who respond so well to treatment.

cwatt1

#44 Post by cwatt1 »

No extraction of that canine -- fantastic!

You go girl :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

AmybettyB

#45 Post by AmybettyB »

Congrats on the class 1 bite Jeni!!
:-)o
[/url]