jt2lang is still thrilled... heartbeat on page 28 ha!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AmybettyB

#46 Post by AmybettyB »

Congrats on the class 1 bit Jeni!!

:-)o
[/url]

victor36

#47 Post by victor36 »

WOW that is awesome progress!!!!
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

Tin Indian

#48 Post by Tin Indian »

WoW! Jeni! Those teeth look fantastic. And I just love that new boat of yours!Do you have a name picked out for her? Don't be afraid to use the throttle!I used to test boats years ago for Chris Craft boats and I just loved it.
T.I.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

SDFD TSchott

#49 Post by SDFD TSchott »

jt2lang wrote:Thanks Karen!

We just bought an 18' speed boat. Seats 6. Very similar to this one:
It was $2500 including trailer, cover, 8 life jackets, tubes for towing and the tow lines. I'm excited!! :D
Where do you live I'm coming to borrow the boat :)

Just kidding hey how's your treatment been going?

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

cwatt1

#50 Post by cwatt1 »

Congrats on the boat purchase! Looks like tons of fun. Do you guys waterski too?

Click here to read about my progress.

metalmom

#51 Post by metalmom »

Woo hoo on the new boat!! We've been discussing buying one but I can't decide if I want another camper first.. We sold our's last year and I miss it terribly... It was always a good time just to get out of the house for the weekend. Maybe I should get both. haha That would be great! \

Your teeth look awesome. I'm learning so much by reading everyone's stories and the different reasons people get braces in the first place. It seems crazy that I have a seriously jacked up grill as far as how they look but I always had a good bite at least he never said anything about that! haha

cwatt1

#52 Post by cwatt1 »

I like GOT

(for Get Outta There!) :lol:

Tin Indian

#53 Post by Tin Indian »

Hey Jenn, I have a loose molar band on ole #5. Know anything about those :HugeGrin: ? DIY dentistry eh? I think I'll stick to my DIY Bathroom.That I can handle. You guys are a hoot!
Good names you got going on for your toofies.
How your big weekend with your new craft go?
T.I.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

MommaDucky

#54 Post by MommaDucky »

Wow, jt - traveling, skydiving, and now boating? How adventurous of you! I finally got a chance to check up on your story -- can you believe that you've been braces-clad for over six months now? Your smile is looking fabulous! I'm pleased to hear that your bite is starting to whip into shape, too. Congratulations! Three cheers to more progress!
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

metalmom

#55 Post by metalmom »

Hey JT!!! I would LOVE to get both and we could actually tow both just not sure about having to pay for both. lol Could handle it but then there'd be gas and I sure don't want to give up all my goodies!

The list of names for the canine cracked me up. I can't wait until we get to go in there and grab mine. I know it's pretty close to the gum I've seen it twice before when dentists would go looking...

I know it will be so exciting when TC and intensive care unit are both lined up where they belong!!!

MommaDucky

#56 Post by MommaDucky »

Oh, you! :wink: Don't make me blush.

Good to hear you're happy with your decision, regardless of the lack of exciting/visible changes. For me, I'm willing to bet that all the progress will be made in the first 6-8 months or so, and then I'm going to sit there wondering why these buggers can't come off until after two years. I've been trying to prep myself, I'm sure it is very frustrating. :-+

Braces are definitely worth it - no matter how $h!tty they can make you feel sometimes... I find that it's always reassuring and inspiring to poke around at pics of people who've already gotten their braces off. We just have to keep telling ourselves that our day will come too, in time.

"Patience, young grasshopper."

I can't wait for intensive care unit to make an appearance!!! :)

Take care.
-Katherine-

MommaDucky

#57 Post by MommaDucky »

I just realised.... looks as though you've been in braces almost exactly twice as long as me! Weird.

And yes, I do smile at myself a lot, but it's more to practice than anything. I'm just not used to smiling without my lips closed-- I've smiled while hiding my teeth all my life! Now I'm no longer embarrassed by my teeth, and I'm not embarrassed to have braces, so I find that I'm smiling scads more these days. It's a good feeling not to be so self conscious anymore. It's taken me a long time to get to where I'm at, and I couldn't really be happier. (Unless of course my teeth were already perfect and tomorrow was my d-day! But, who's complaining?)

We'll have to compare photos by the time both of us are de-braced!

Hope all is well.
-Katherine-

cwatt1

#58 Post by cwatt1 »

I can't wait to be able to take a bite out of something as simple as a sandwich!
How right you are, Jeni! Do you feel like your incisors are going to keep bending back when you bite down, kinda like a paper clip that you're putting too much stress on?

But I definitely agree -- how fortunate we are to have this opportunity to improve ourselves!

Don't worry about intensive care unit; he's just in the incubation period and will be hatching before you know it!

Miss Smiley

#59 Post by Miss Smiley »

Not a new you, just one with a better bite :D
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

MommaDucky

#60 Post by MommaDucky »

Busy, busy, busy! Sounds like things are going well for you, though. Glad you came out okay from your gall bladder surgery -- that must have been scary!

Congrats on the oral surgery consult/ surgery date! November 2nd will be here before you know it... just a couple weeks left now! Time to trade bbc for intensive care unit. That's one more step closer to being DONE! (At least, that's how I looked at my OS's.)

Hope you're recuperating at home now, and we are all anxious to see your new batch of photos!

Take care!
-Katherine-