Smile Like You Mean It-Rebelda's Story: Upd. Sep. 16!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rebelda

#31 Post by Rebelda »

So my appointment went well. Nothing was done to my molar band; I guess it's fine the way it is. The pain continues to come and go, but I know it's because it is being pushed back and in. Nothing some pills can't fix! Everything is looking great as per my primary ortho. He says surgery will be in approximately 4-5 months! Just in time for the holidays...yay...we'll see how that goes. I have a feeling that day will get set back into the following year. Anyways, I got the same wire put in --14. Arches are looking fantastic--the bottoms got some more IPR and are moving rapidly. I will post pictures soon. Take care all. :)

Rebelda

#32 Post by Rebelda »

About my molar problem....so I realized while cleaning my teeth yesterday morning that the band on THE molar is completely loose. I can slide it up and down without any resistance. I'm trying really hard not to completely yank it off. I called up my ortho yesterday and left him a message concerning my molar problem. I have yet to hear from him. I'm not due for another visit until the 17th and I wanted to know if the band would hold up till then. Any advice? Hopefully I get a call back soon.

Rebelda

#33 Post by Rebelda »

PHOTO UPDATE

7wks:
Image......one month agoImage

12 wks:
Image.....one month agoImage

Bite as of JULY 1ST:
Image.....one month agoImage

Cinnamon

#34 Post by Cinnamon »

That is great progress Rebelda, looks like you're moving right along. :thumbsup:

rhonda30

#35 Post by rhonda30 »

You must be excited about the visible progress, the arch is really starting to straighten out.

How did you do about getting your molar band fixed?

Miss Smiley

#36 Post by Miss Smiley »

Looking good! Those wires are really getting to work.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

mrsphase74

#37 Post by mrsphase74 »

Wow rebelda, been reading over your story. Your teeth are coming along nicely.

Rebelda

#38 Post by Rebelda »

I had an appointment yesterday--here it goes:

They finally fixed that molar band! I was trying to clean around my brackets and the whole thing just slipped out! Luckily it was merely 30 minutes prior to me going into the office. I also had a cleaning that day at the crack of dawn. Lovely. So yeah, they bonded that bad boy right back in (whether it was the same one, I don't know--doubt it though). To my great surprise :o I also got a new wire: a 20. As soon as he put it on I could feel the difference. It felt good to know that things are going to move quickly now. My ortho said that this new wire will tilt the teeth out more--which sucks for my underbite. I do notice that it is slightly more out there, but not by much. The OS got in contact with the University, so everyone is now on the same page--except for me. Don't get me wrong, I know what his evaluation was, but it would be great to see it on paper. I'm sure I'll know more as the surgery date approaches.

Pictures, pictures, pictures...I don't have any---yet...I asked my ortho to email the new shots, so as soon as I get 'em....you know the deal. Ok, so that's it, progress is really good and I am sore, but very happy. Pictures up soon. Bye! :computer:

Rebelda

#39 Post by Rebelda »

Taken 08/20/2007:

Just a photo update for you guys--I know it's been a while. Everything is going well. Teeth are looking great, if I do say so myself. Had an adjustment on the 26th of August. Put in a thicker wire--ouch. Doing good now though. No real talk of surgery yet. Patience is a virtue.

---Enjoy!

victor36

#40 Post by victor36 »

That is awesome progress, Rebelda! Your arches are looking good!
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

cwatt1

#41 Post by cwatt1 »

Hi Rebelda!

Just caught up with your blog and wanted to belatedly say CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to get your bite fixed. Wonderful attitude you have as well.

Wow, you can see a HUGE difference in your arches between April and now. Amazing progress!

Great you now have an OS who'll actually communicate with you. That'll certainly ease your worries.

Take good care!

Click here to read about my progress.

hannahwebbo

#42 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Rebelda,

Ive just read your story, your smile is going to look amazing at the end of this, your teeth have made so much progress already and they are looking great. I hope everything continues to go well.

Hannah x

Miss Smiley

#43 Post by Miss Smiley »

WOW your teeth look great, maybe you won't need surgery :D
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Rebelda

#44 Post by Rebelda »

Thank you to everyone who posted. It means a lot to me--truly. Things have seemed to slow down as far as visible progress, but I know they're tweaking themselves out. This new wire is great, no sliding around like the last one did. I forgot to mention that I had gone on vacation in Aug. and had some wire trouble. I had a huge piece of wire poking me about 2 days into it and I figured it was due to a lot of molar movement. Little did I know that my wire had moved to my right quite a few mms. I had to get it fixed, so I made an ortho appt in town and had to pay $50 to get the wire clipped. The chick who did it seemed like she was inexperienced and therefore did not see that my wire had indeed slipped. So I paid that money for nothing. Great. I didn't find out what had happened till after a few days it noticed that my left molar was no longer wired in. The whole trip I had to keep on sliding the wire back into place with my tweezers--fun! Other than that, the trip was excellent.

So...hopefully I'll have this surgery stuff sorted out by the holiday season. Would help a lot in planning....

Bluerain

#45 Post by Bluerain »

You have beautiful teeth !!!

Blue
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.