Smile Like You Mean It-Rebelda's Story: Upd. Sep. 16!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Andantae

#136 Post by Andantae »

I am so glad for this to FINALLY be behind you. Let us hear from you as soon as you're up to it!
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

Rebelda

#137 Post by Rebelda »

No matter how much you think you are ready, there is no preparation for what this feels like. I am 2 days out of the hospital and man, am I swollen! I am wired shut with a splint in.....and...I had a lingual frenectomy. I have a lot of stuff going on--so many wires going in and out of my teeth and jaws. I have some feeling in my face, but very little. Drinking is a chore, but it is my only source of nutrition. The meds are overly sweet and gross. I am currently on Children’s Motrin and Amoxicillin for swelling. I am also taking Afrin twice a day and saline spray as needed. The schedule is slowly panning out, as it takes me forever to eat a meal and they all seem to run together. I am amazed at what I see in the mirror, I didn’t know my face could swell that much! I know that it gets better, but it’s hard to keep yourself in that mindset.
My boyfriend is being a sweetheart, telling me that I’m beautiful, even though I can’t stand to look at myself right now. I have basically been on my own since I left the hospital because everyone is working. I left the hospital the following day because I couldn’t stand being strapped in and out of that IV to go to the restroom. Anyway, I’m kind of all over the place, I know, but just wanted to give all of you an update. I am doing okay, just taking things day by day. That’s the best advice I can give: take things day by day.

Sleclerc

#138 Post by Sleclerc »

I read your story from beginning to just a day or so ago. Im just heading down the journey youve almost completed. I hope you get to feeling better. You beautiful smile is right around the corner, hang in their girl!

*melissa*

#139 Post by *melissa* »

Wow, sounds like you're going throug alot, but I wish you the best and I hope you feel better very soon!

Miss Smiley

#140 Post by Miss Smiley »

You'll be back out eating and drinking like most of the rest of us. Glad you survived to come online for a bit to give us an update! I can't wait to see those post-op pics once the swelling goes down.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Rebelda

#141 Post by Rebelda »

Check out my Blogspot for pics!
http://rebelda-smilelikeyoumeanit.blogspot.com/

Miss Smiley

#142 Post by Miss Smiley »

I went to the link and thought for a second "Where did I go?" Forgot you had surgery for a second. I don't see much bruising and you look pretty good!

Rebelda

#143 Post by Rebelda »

Yes, I too am very surprised at the lack of bruising. I suspect I may see some in the upcoming days. I have my first follow up apointment today at 2, good thing too because I am completely out of liquid Motrin and I need it. I had to use the Oxycodone early this morning and it helped but I would rather not be on narcotics. Well, I'll update with what the doc says...stay tuned!

Miss Smiley

#144 Post by Miss Smiley »

I can't wait to see you brace free with your newly adjusted jaws! You had a beautiful smile before and I'm sure this time you'll have a beautiful bite to match!

Tommm

#145 Post by Tommm »

Your "Domo" picture made me smile. :) You'll be smiling pretty in no time too. Congrats on getting your surgery!

Rebelda

#146 Post by Rebelda »

It's almost been 3 weeks and I am so glad that I'm halfway there! I had my 2 wk follow up and it went fine. The swelling on my right side is still noticeable and I'm hoping it evens out soon. 3 more weeks and I'll be able to move my jaw! I just want to talk---it's been really difficult trying to communicate with everybody, especially when I don't have my whiteboard handy. I'm trying to keep my head up and the only thing that really motivates me is that I am going home soon. I get unwired one week before I fly out, I just hope my speaking is up to par by the time I get there. We shall see.

Miss Smiley

#147 Post by Miss Smiley »

Looking good!

Rebelda

#148 Post by Rebelda »

No I am not dead!

I know it's been a while, but I do have some good news: I have my debond date!

Next Wednesday! (June 17th)

I've updated my surgery blog, so check out the new pics! I will post some brace-free pics soon!

Stay tuned!

*melissa*

#149 Post by *melissa* »

Congrats on your debond date! Thats so soon!!
I checked out your updated pics and wow, you look great!!

Rebelda

#150 Post by Rebelda »

thanks Melissa! I've gone through a lot of ups and downs, but I think I'm finally starting to get used to my new face now that the swelling has mostly subsided. :D