Smile Like You Mean It-Rebelda's Story: Upd. Sep. 16!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rebelda

#121 Post by Rebelda »

I had my OS appt today....yeah...what a let down. I was so ready for a date! My OS said that my upper right molar still has to come in more. He said he would cut my molds like he would for the surgery and to come back Wednesday. If the molds comply, then I'm good to go, if not I have to take them back to my ortho so they could see what still needs to be done. He also reminded me that he only has 6 more weeks of OR time and that I'm competing with 2 other people for surgery in that timeframe. He also said that if he can't do it, then I would have to wait till August or so, when the other surgeons check in.

Well, I will update again on Wednesday. May or August? We shall see.

Rebelda

#122 Post by Rebelda »

A little update for y'all:

I've had a lot of drama with my models. My surgeon's models taken a few weeks ago seemd to be distorted and therefore VOID! The OS had cut up these "bad" models and said that I was not ready yet. I went to my ortho yesterday and we had more models done. Btw, I thought the girl taking them was going to rip my braces right off! Anyway, I had 2 models done: one for my OS and one to make an appliance (if I need it). I have been directed to drop off the new models to my OS in the AM since my ortho and OS have been playing phone tag. In the meantime I am wearing 2 elastics and hoping that my molar band does not come completely off again (for the 3rd time).

Oh and *tick tock* my OS' OR time is dwindling, luckily my ortho is working with me to get in there before July. :)

Miss Smiley

#123 Post by Miss Smiley »

Sorry to hear about all your roadblocks! Good thoughts to you in getting this all sorted and surgery done!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Rebelda

#124 Post by Rebelda »

These were taken about a month ago:

Bite profile after OS cut models:
The "famous" molar:
ImageThese models are distorted, so my ortho took his own and now the OS has those to cut. I won't be able to pick them up until the 29th.

Rebelda

#125 Post by Rebelda »

So...the verdict is out: September. I expected it, but is still sucks. Damn that OS!!!
oh and p.s.
he didn't even touch the models that he had sitting in his office for 2 weeks!

ImageImage
You can see the difference in the models left is OS', right is Ortho's.

Rebelda

A final goodbye...

#126 Post by Rebelda »

I sadly said goodbye to my orthodontist today. He is leaving me for life in the real orthodontic world. I have been passed off to a newbie, Dr. Baker----sucks. I had some pictures taken and I will return in July for molds for my arch appliance. I can't wait.

Everyone is leaving me and it is quite depressing. Arghhhhh! :evil:

Other than that, no change, same o same o. Blah.

One good thing to look forward to: I take leave in August!!!! :P

OhNicole

#127 Post by OhNicole »

Hi Rebelda, I was just catching up on your story. What an ordeal! Best wishes that things start looking up for you :jump:
~Nikki~
23 year old brace face and proud of it!

My story is well under way! Follow along in my thread.

Rebelda

#128 Post by Rebelda »

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the good wishes and vibes....Here's to better news in the next coming months. :-88

Rebelda

#129 Post by Rebelda »

I am currently without surgeon until August. My old surgeon had to deploy, so he's out of the picture...it really sucks. :(

Rebelda

UUUUUUUPDAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!

#130 Post by Rebelda »

k, so I saw my NEW surgeon last week and I got a very good vibe from him, so let's hope this one's a keeper!! He was really nice and it seemed like he actually gave a sesame, so that's always comforting. He took a bunch of measurements, had his own models done, and a new set of xrays--so much fun!! I'm just glad that SOMETHING is happening now--not just waiting around anymore--well not as much at least. He did say something about getting it done before Thanksgiving, so we'll see how that holds up. At this point, I am not believing any dates until the day of the surgery, and i'm on the operating table. I am waiting on his plan; he said he would contact me within 2 weeks time. *fingers crossed*

:wink: ----Stay tuned...more to come!

Rebelda

#131 Post by Rebelda »

After hounding my surgeon, i finally got a response. He thinks I should do a 2-piece instead of the 3-piece maxilla...so i'm still set up for a 3-piece and going back to the 2-piece might set me back a couple of months. My orthodontist did not like what he heard and he is supposed to talk to the surgeon about it. I'm torn because i know that the surgeon was concerned about doing the 3-piece because the cuts are close to the roots, and he felt more comfortable doing the 2 piece. I really don't know what's going to happen at this point, but i am just waiting a response now. I called my ortho today, but all i got was a voice mail....argh! Oh and by the way, my jaw is constantly aching on the right side....wtf? I dunno, but something needs to happen soon! :x

Andantae

#132 Post by Andantae »

Hey there Rebelda! LONG time no hear from!

Well FINALLY something is going to happen! You've been waiting a long time for this, but best to have your ortho and OS agree on your procedures, I guess. Hopefully, they will come to the same conclusion after their conversation.

Too bad about the pain on the right side. Is it tooth or jaw related?

Keep us posted on what they decide.

Fingers crossed!

Andi
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

Rebelda

#133 Post by Rebelda »

Andantae: The pain is coming from my jaw...some days are worse than others. I really hope i hear back from either of them by the end of the week.

Rebelda

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!

#134 Post by Rebelda »

Brand new year, brand new face:

I got my surgery date!!!!!!
February 3rd!!!!

I am ecstatic! I got my hooks and everything else good to go!

TPA is out and I feel fantastic! The hooks and wires hurt initially, but I'm much better now. The countdown begins! :D

Miss Smiley

#135 Post by Miss Smiley »

Hey!! Congrats on your surgery! I hope you're feeling okay. You probably won't be online to read this until you're feeling better anyhow. YAY!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix