Tin Indian's Photo Journal- (Update 12/28/07)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cwatt1

#76 Post by cwatt1 »

Ludington -- thanks for reminding me!

So where do you do the salmon fishing thing? Do you charter a boat? Boy, I'm envious -- haven't done any serious fishing in years. :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

Tin Indian

#77 Post by Tin Indian »

My buddy and I stay at the city park named Cartier just north of town. Momma stays home, ths is my weekend with my buddy that I fish with. We fish off the piers in town and in the river just before the state park.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Tin Indian

#78 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Had another ajustment today. I got another molar band put on so now that makes 3 bands so far to replace a buccul bracket that loosened just before vacation. Ortho made four more bends in my bottom wire while in place. Replaced my top wire with I believe a 14/25 and put on a new power chain. Elastics to remain in a 3/4/4/5 and a 3/6 config on both sides for now. And my bottoms are oh so sore right now, but I do see gaps were he made the new bends in the wire only 6 hours ago! Ortho did say about another 6-8 mos. or maybe sooner should put me close to being naked. :wink: Which would be just before my 55th birthday!
Cheers-T.I.

Tin Indian

#79 Post by Tin Indian »

I like the sound of the downhill slide bit too Denise. Movement is good even if it hurts for just a little bit. Ortho also put in a wider wire up top to sort of widen my arch. I thought is was lookin real good burt what do I know.
The band was no problem but the spacers hurt like hell for a day or two. Glue tastes like yuck for a minute but they gave me flavored rinse to help out.
After going to the ortho I seen my regular dentist for a deep cleaning and after that I went in to the med center to have blood drawn for a body analysis. Work paid for that .
Trip was fantastic: Went deer hunting and climbed a mountain in Wyoming .We stayed in a cabin about 10x14 with no water and an outhouse for 4 guys. Food was brought from home and heated in the micro or over an open fire. It was situated in a box canyon about 1 1/2 hrs from the nearest town.A better trip I could not have had! Took 2 1/2 weeks vacation. About a week of that was for packing and unpacking and travel time.

BTW- I've been sort of absent lately.

Dad in law broke his thigh falling off his barn roof and also has some bleeding on the brain. Wife has been daddy sitting for the last month or so after work so I have been holding down the house and chores.
My mother had another slight heart attack but she's also doing much better and being her old self lately.
Our daughter slipped and hurt her back at work so she was out foir a good week.
Truck broke down , worked at putting the pool and lawn down for the year.
Been a REAL long month!
T.I.

Tin Indian

#80 Post by Tin Indian »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Okay you guys: As you have seen Iv'e had quite the busy month.
THANKS FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES FROM EVERYONE!!
I'am going on vacation again tomorrow for the LAST time ( maybe ) this year. ( 33 DAYS SO FAR)
And I know I owe A LOT of people a lot of well wishes but I have been busy.
I'll be back in back in 10 days or so and then I'll catch up with as many as I can.
Dad in-law is doing better but wifey still spends the time after work helping out .
Mother is doing quite well and is flying to California for a week.
Daughter's back is okay and back to normal.
And I'm taking care of the house and animals and still trolling from time to time and gleaming things from Archwired when I can.
I have not forgot about you guys at all. But there come's a time when time is a premium sooooo?
And my teeth- well they are doing just fine. Time is going soooo slow but hey- I signed up for the long haul so thats that.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES!!! BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T CARE ENOUGH -- NO ONE ELSE USALLY DOES'!!!!

Tin Indian

#81 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Well:
Now that the holiday season is about to come to a close and my vacations are done for the year I will try to update you guys a bunch.
Last week I had an ajustment and all went well! Top wire was kept the same but had ALL teeth wired tied in and a new powerchain in silver put on to close up some gaps. Lower wire was taken out and retweaked again with some new bends and twists and Red and Green ligs put on.Ortho wanted to keep both wires the same size as they were both doing a good job. Was told to keep up the use of elastics and will talk about DE-Bracing at my next appmt. on 2/1/08.Don't actually think it is real soon but just the thought gives me the willie's but I think I have a way's to go. I seen a bunch of movement again lately and mostly on the bottoms..Wife gave me a look of SHOCK when I told her what the ortho said but I told her that with all the improvments in orthodontics that I thought it was basically a breeze to have braces these days. Maybe I can narrow down a date then but I'll be nervous as hell about the outcome and proud as hell of my decision to be braced when I thought about being a Big chicken in the beginning and not going thru with it!!
The house and family and life style is all but back to norm these days.
My deer hunting is all done too with 3 short months of it done already. Didn't score this year either but had a great time and seen some awsome scenery and sunrises and sunsets.
CATCH you guys later on this weekend!!!

T.I.

discomom

#82 Post by discomom »

Tin Indian, I am sure that your heart did a little leap when your otho said" debanding". :wink: I know that mine sure will. I am just beginning my journey though so I won't hear that for a while. Sounds like things are going well for you--that's great! I know how you feel about the "big chicken" part. I am 44 years old and the decision to do this was hard but I am glad that I did it. Hope that you had a great holiday!! Lori