.::.Stace Is Braced.::. ***NEWS***

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lionfish

#1 Post by lionfish »

Hello again, stace.

Here's to the next three months flying by.

juf_84

#2 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Stace,

Good luck for tomorrow! Can't wait to see the photos.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Don't worry about the mug shot session, stace. No pain is involved. One step closer to your journey beginning.

Joanna20

#4 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi! Just to wish you good luck with your treatment!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

That's a bit of an anticlimax, but at least you're not losing time.

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Yeah, 7 months down, 5 to go. Scary stuff.

Only 27 days til your photo session. I had another one this morning, so I guess I must have reached some sort of milestone or other.

Anyway, before you know it, it will be 30 August.

juf_84

#7 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Stace!

Hope the next 9 days fly by! Good to hear the pain has subsided.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

Not long now, stace.

Costs of pulling teeth sound steep. Are all your wisdoms impacted? My dentist pulled my wisdom tooth under local (it was fully exposed and upright, though).

mezy

#9 Post by mezy »

Stace, your b-day is my sister's birthday and 2 days after my birthday!

I've never had spacers put in either, but all reports I've read seem very painful. I think getting my one tooth pulled was painful enough for me! (I was on painkillers for almost a week, probably due to not enough salt water gargles.)

I had to have one tooth removed by an oral surgeon before getting my braces on and it cost me: $100 for consultation and $450 to get the tooth removed under a local. If I wanted general anaesthetic I was told to add another $200 at least! So expensive and i think once I've finished having braces treatment they want to remove 3 wisdom teeth (the 4th is being used to fill the space where the tooth was extracted). I guess that's to even things out?

My treatment is costing me $6400 for braces on top of my tooth removal :( so hopefully when it comes around to getting wisdom teeth out in 24 months or so I'll have a lot more money saved up to spend on that!

Plus I've got no private health insurance (was covered by my parents up until 23 and decided not to get any) so it's all coming out of my pocket, although I'm going to hopefully get my parents to pay for some of it.

lionfish

#10 Post by lionfish »

mezy wrote:
Plus I've got no private health insurance (was covered by my parents up until 23 and decided not to get any) so it's all coming out of my pocket, although I'm going to hopefully get my parents to pay for some of it.
Mezy, I don't have ancillary cover for dental, etc. I paid for my treatment in full last December and will claim the excess above $1500 off my 05/06 tax. If you're an income earner, you might want to consider this too. At least you pay less tax.

lionfish

#11 Post by lionfish »

Like your mum says, stace, keep those receipts.

A lot of us here don't have health cover for dental and other ancillaries. I would have had to pay in for 12 months before claiming any benefit, and would only have got back a small proportion of what I had outlayed. I've always found ancillary cover a marginal proposition for my household (two adults).

mezy

#12 Post by mezy »

Excellent, I will definitely be claiming this on tax for the next financial year! It's been a while since my last tax, so I thought you could claim dentistry but not orthodontics? Although I probably read or remembered that wrong, so I'll hang onto my receipts for sure...

lionfish

#13 Post by lionfish »

mezy wrote:Excellent, I will definitely be claiming this on tax for the next financial year! It's been a while since my last tax, so I thought you could claim dentistry but not orthodontics? Although I probably read or remembered that wrong, so I'll hang onto my receipts for sure...
I had my OH check in the Tax Pack, mezy. And our bookkeeper hasn't disputed it.

Sweet L

#14 Post by Sweet L »

Hi Stacexox!
I've been checking your posts since your nick was New2Braces... (I mean I'm new here, but I'm trying to know you all as much as I can, so I read a LOOOT :D )
It's really good that you are keeping your mouth in good shape for your b-day!
How's your toe doing? I hope everything's just fine...
I'm happy about time flying by!, I need to get 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed before my b-day (the second week of November), so I'm starting to feel a little impatient... :oops:
It's fantastic just to think how different your (or mine :roll: ) smile is going to be in 6 months :shock:
Take care :-1

lionfish

#15 Post by lionfish »

I was pretty terrified of having only one tooth pulled, so I understand where you're coming from. I got through it by telling myself that the day would come and go and before I knew it, it was all behind me. In my case, the extraction was far less of a nuisance than I thought it would be, and I hope it's the same for you.