O the pain! Elastics! Dreadful headaches! Excruciating pain!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chillin-in-grilz

O the pain! Elastics! Dreadful headaches! Excruciating pain!

#1 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I been waiting 2 whole years. My trips to the dentist started at age 14, thats when my teeth were getting really bad. I wanted braces since I was 14. But could couldnt afford it and we been on a lot of vacations. I had so many fillings, I had 2 root canals. Then fast forward 2 years, the adventure begins with ortho surgery for 6 extractions.

Ortho Surgery

I been waiting for ages for my ortho surgery. Not sure what it was called but I got 6 teeth removed including 3/4 wisdom teeth. The surgery went very well. All I remember was that I arrived at 1:00. Checked in, and waited 30 mins. Then I went in to talk to the ortho surgery dude. He told me what he was going to do. Then I went into a mini operating room. Put all these sticky pads on m for monitering. Then I got a needle. Did not hurt. Then I counted back to 10 with a gas mask on. I cant remember how far I counted to. Then I woke up, with a roll of gauze in one side of my mouth and another roll on the other side. I was so sleepy. I fell asleep again for 30 mins. Then I woke up waited for the dizzyness to go away. Then I went home. I had no bruising so far I just was a little sore becuase of the stiches. Plus I was on heavy medication. 3 days later I had slight bruising. And a bit of puffyness. I lived on pudding. Lol. A week later my face turned a bit greenish yellowish around my mouth and along my jaw line. 2 weeks time I was slowly eating food. But it was weird. Felt like my teeth were all frozen and I was like chewing gum. A week later I was back to normal.

Now as of July 19 the gaps in my mouth are closing fast. And I also getting my 4th wisdom tooth. Which is perfect timing for when I get braces on.

More updates after my consult on July 31st. That is when Im getting molds and X Rays and stuff.

Here is a after pic. I think 3 days. Only slight bruising around the mouth and jawbone.
Image Image

STUPID COLD SORE
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 113 times in total.
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

:)

#2 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Thanks KK, Linda21:)

Extractions werent so bad. He thought it was going to be hard since that top tooth just by that overlapped one, the root was popping out into my gums. But he said it came out great. Then the next day, he called on his PERSONAL cellphone and asked how I was. I didnt like ice on my face. But it keeps swelling down. But surprisly I had minimal swelling.
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

vegetara

#3 Post by vegetara »

Wow..the surgery doesn't sound as bad as i imagined.

A few questions, if you don't mind..Why did they have to operate?
Did they have to cut you? Where? Do/did you have stitches?
30 years old
Spacers-July 10, 2006
Top Braces-July 18, 2006 (ceramic)
Bottoms--? (metal)
1st Adjustment-Sept. 6, 2006

chillin-in-grilz

Since

#4 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

vegetara: Since I was getting 6 teeth removed. I rather be completly knocked out then going to a dentist.

The stitching was at the 2 bottom teeth that are X. And also way up in my gum line where the root was poking out and then every other place wheres there is an X it was stiched.

Plus I have no more teeth sensivity. I been going crazy with the sensidine.
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

August

#5 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Since my appointment on July 31 for ortho records I will try to post what happened. If not I have to wait until Sept. Because I am leaving August 1st for my summer holiday.
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

UPDATE: Impressions

#6 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Update

I got my impressions today. It was really weird. I was over a little of 45 mins total. 2 head X Rays, when the machine goes around your head. Digi pics of my smile and a profile. Then lip spreaders lol for top, left, right, and bottom pics of my teeth. Then Molds, said it taste like cinnimon, but I did not taste a thing, just very putty like. Really cool!

Now consult on Sept 5th
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

Ortho Consult

#7 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Update[/size]

I had my ortho consult on Sept 5th. My pics were so ugly lol. The profile is totally wrong. But guess what? I have 2 have some more teeth pulled. But I can get it done with my regular dentist. Then braces would be put on for 18 months. Plus my hard molds looked really funny lol. The ortho also reconmended jaw surgery in between or after my braces are on or off.

Here is a list of what is to be done:

Treatment Recommendations:
Extract of teeth 14 and 25 upper bicuspids for crowding and closing my open bite down.
Repair broken fillings in upper right second bicuspid tooth.

Treatment Plan:
Braces
Full time use of elastics to reduce the chances of developing a large anterior open bite.
Then a permanent retainer on the bottom teeth behind and a normal hawly container for the top.

Treatment Risks:
If open bite worsens if unable to repair with elastics jaw surgery may be required.
Tooth decay and gum disease to to improper hygene. (note: Only becaus e it was really hard to brush, my teeth are so messed up)

Estimated Treatment Time: 18 months

Here are my pics

Pretty nasty eh?

The elastics are going triangular and squarish I think. Definitly triangular on both sides of my teeth.
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

?

#8 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I just dont understand why do they have to get rid of a brand new tooth trying to fit it. Why not get rid of the one that is behind my front tooth. Which one is 14 and 25?
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

Thanks

#9 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Thanks for your help. Man its taking for ever to have braces. We have only 1 ortho where I live.
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

juf_84

#10 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Brace_Face_2006!

I can sympathise... there is only one ortho here, and he is actually from Sydney, which is 700 k's away, so he's not here all the time. I had to wait two months for my consult and one month after that to get my braces. But it's worth it!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

chillin-in-grilz

Journey

#11 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I started way back in April lol. Then not till July got impressions. Then Sept for consult.

Sept 5th - Sept 15 man 10 days now and my dentist still dont have the records from my ortho to have 2 teeth extracted.
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

UPDATE

#12 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Update

We finally heard from the dentist. I am getting 2 extractions of 14 and 25 on NOVEMBER 7 TH, they are so booookeeed up.
I never realised since im going on a cruise in Jan and was getting braces sometime before christmas.

I never relised that it would be better to have braces on after the cruise. So I dont have to fool around with elastics and all that while im trying to enjoy the cruise.

So I am going to be braced sometime in Jan or Feb or what ever of 2007. Everything will be done and ready to start of my 18th year with braces lol. FINALLY.

So there is no updates until after Nov, lol, but I will still be on this site reading ppls posts and keeping in touch.

Just dont forget my brace story lol :)
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

Update

#13 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

We decided we just as well as wait until after my cruise for the extractions. That way I wont have noticible gaps for pics while on the cruise.

So as soon as we are home. I will get the extractions then as soon as the next opening is for the ortho. Braces here they come. (hopefully plans wont change AGAIN! LOL)
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

UPDATE

#14 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Update

I am going in for my last 2 extractions today at 1:00. 2 from the top, I will update after my appointment to tell you what happened, with an updated pic. The gaps are almost closed from my last 6 extractions. Imagine that 8 extractions for me to get braces.

BTW: BRACES ARE ON, ON JANUARY 23RD, 2006 AT 1:00 WOHOOO FINALLY HAVE A SET DATE. 1 year later since my last extractions:)
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

newmetal

#15 Post by newmetal »

Good luck