The First Day of the Rest of My Life (NEW PICS PGE FOUR!!)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Smiley77

#46 Post by Smiley77 »

Well here I am almost a month later and doing fine :D

Braces are feeling good now, and while I am still pretty self conscious about them and I do have at least one ulcer at all times, I am pretty much used to them now. The worst bit is where the archwire is stretched over the gaps where teeth used to be (it's like razor wire - OUCH lol) and I really, really hate the back teeth where the top and bottom molar bands touch. Metal on metal in your mouth - eeeeeeeeee! Not cool. It feels like I have bitten into a fork all the time lol.

I have my first adjustment tomorrow, I am pretty excited. I can see movement in my teeth too, not so much on the top but definitely in the bottom.

Still debating what colour ligs to go with. I would go for a brighter colour this time, but I have a job interview sometime in the next month and would prefer a 'muter' colour for it! I am thinking teal. I have baby blue this time, and they have faded I think and just look silver now. I like pink, but the only pink they have is fluro! Ahhh, think I will give that a miss ;)

ImageImage

ImageImage
What do you think? Not bad for 27 days, hey? Well acutally, that 'after' pic is a few days old now, so more like 23 or 24 days. I am SO excited. Definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY worth every minute of pain and sickness that I endured lol (already)
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

trigger

#47 Post by trigger »

I applaud your bravery. You made the right decision for your life, one step back to take ten forward. Enjoy the process.

chillin-in-grilz

:)

#48 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I had 6 teeth removed surgecally. Plus im getting 2 more by the dentist:)
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

Smiley77

#49 Post by Smiley77 »

Had my first adjustment...

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

WHY didn't you all tell me that it is PAINFUL!!! :lol: I will DEFINITELY be taking advil before my next appointment (which isn't for 6 weeks now)

I got teal ligs and I'm not loving them -- they make my teeth look kinda yellowish.

Thanks for your posts, glad to see that someone reads this stuff! LOL

chillin-in-grilz

Plain

#50 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Im just getting the normal. Not a big fan of colors. Especially when your teeth are out of wack.

Braces January 29, 2007

juf_84

#51 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Smiley 77!

Sorry to hear your adjustment was painful! :-+ I have to admit I was surprised too when my ortho started closing the doors on my brackets- OUCH! And I'd taken OTC pain meds before and everything! Oh well, it is only for a short time and so worth it.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

chillin-in-grilz

Pain

#52 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I have a high tolerancy for pain

Braces January 29, 2007

Smiley77

#53 Post by Smiley77 »

Well hello everyone! Long time, no post!

I thought it was that I updated, I have had some pretty amazing results in 5 short months!

Enough chit chat, let the results speak for themselves!

Forgive the blurriness of the bottom jaw pic, but you get the idea!

Pretty cool, huh?

Elyse84

#54 Post by Elyse84 »

What a huge improvement! I can only hope that I have results like yours in such a short space of time.

Looking great!

*ceramic on top
*silver on bottom

joney

#55 Post by joney »

Wow Smiley, your teeth are looking really good. You must be so pleased.
Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Smiley77

#56 Post by Smiley77 »

Thanks! I am so pleased with my results!

I have had a few adjustments and only that first one hurt.

TBH adjustments don't hurt one little bit, and I don't even have any pain that others have described in the next couple of days either. I can eat everything that I did prebraces, (just curse more things when trying to get the remnants out!)

I can't wait for it to be over, and to meet my beautiful straight teeth!

Though I quite like having braces, my teeth feel nice and buckled in! hahaha Will be weird not to have them any more

Not to think too much about it, I still have up to 18 months to go!

Smiley77

#57 Post by Smiley77 »

OWWWWWWWWW Which one of you rang my ortho and told him that I have been saying how painless it is?!?!?

Today was my fourth adjustment (I think...) and we changed the archwire and MAN does it hurt!

Ahh the memories. Am back on the soup and icecream for a while I think!

Had a couple of painkillers though they aren't making much difference. Hopefully it will be better in the morning!

Smiley77

#58 Post by Smiley77 »

hahaha Thanks Linda!

Its all back to normal again now, didn't last too long and certainly wasn't unbearable!

They seem to have moved a lot in the last week...maybe just my imagination though.

At the half year mark almost I think :) Time just flies.

Very happy with the results though.

**edited to add - wow exactly six months today!**