My Orthodontic Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

striker2090

My Orthodontic Story

#1 Post by striker2090 »

hello all-
I am a 40 year old mother of three. I got all my appliances on friday november 5th. i got a rapid palatal expander, combination headgear, lower lip bumper, full metal braces, bite buttons, and coil springs, and powerchains on my two front teeth. i look like im 15 now with all this stuuf in my mouth and i talk like a three year old. i refused braces as a child, and was told by my ortho that i had an overbite, crossbite, deep bite, and impacted canines. will be in braces 2.5 years. my mouth is so sore, but at least i will get some good weight loss from these appliances. check the below link...are my teeth even that bad...

viewtopic.php?t=940

anyhow...will answer questions...seemingly as i have had most appliances. will go into the ortho in 2 weeks to get full powerchains, and hooks added to my tie wires. i will also get my colors changed. my powerchain is blue, and all my other teeth have pink and green. gotta have some fun. how are braces in the long run? anyone else have so many appliances? is my ortho nuts?

Clo

#2 Post by Clo »

Hi,

Maybe it is just me. I struggle to get some teeth movement at all
and had to learn to be very patient. So I know all corrections can
and will be done one step at the time. So I am sorry, but I do not
believe a single word of what you are saying ...

jenstrom

#3 Post by jenstrom »

I had a 13mm overbite when I started treatment at the end of June. 1 week ago I just got introduced into elastics. I wear metal, top and bottom. I am obviously not a professional in dentistry, but your pictures don't look that bad. Why are they using all of those appliances?(at once)Do you usually get everything at once, or is it a progression?