My Metal-Mouth Journey!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joeyyeo

Re: My Metal-Mouth Journey!

#16 Post by joeyyeo »

Tobilei wrote:I have the same thing. My ortho said it's because there were more gaps and spaces around that side so it's moving more. The other side is also moving, just doesn't need to move as much :)
Yeah my ortho said not to worry about it, at least they're moving!

Just left the office, it was very fast! Left there within 30 minutes :) my lower jaw is so crooked and I already feel the tension... Will take some photos when I go home after gym! I asked her to give me random colors, and she picked out a very nice selection of pastel colors consisting of pink, yellow, purple, green and blue. Loving it! Gonna starve for at least 2 days... Surviving on liquid diet. Weight loss yay!
Upper braces off after 636 days!

rhibee83

#17 Post by rhibee83 »

glad your adjustment went well :) my teeth are moving unevenly as well and the left side seems to be moving more quicker than the right! I am glad to know that it is not just my teeth doing that lol

looking forward to seeing the pics of your cool colours :)

Tobilei

#18 Post by Tobilei »

rhibee83 wrote:
looking forward to seeing the pics of your cool colours :)
Me too! And glad all is well :) Don't worry, the liquid diet will pass (eventually!)

joeyyeo

#19 Post by joeyyeo »

Finally managed to take a picture on my phone with decent colour. By the time I got back yesterday it was all dark! Anyway, here they are :D Absolutely loving the colours!
image.jpg
Love my ortho :) just finished another gym session and I am so exhausted! My teeth are extremely extremely sore today, mainly my lower jaw. Can feel things moving already though, my tongue is feeling some differences. Also, my bite seems to be a little off. When I bite down, my left side can't meet anymore... Is this normal?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rhibee83

#20 Post by rhibee83 »

Looking good! :)

Yep! its normal to have your bite go all out of whack! lol at the moment, I cannot bite on my ride side as the teeth don't meet! it is weird! it will all get fixed as the process goes along :) so don't worry :)

Kurisu

#21 Post by Kurisu »

Oh wow the colors look really neat! Yep, my bite feels off as well, and it's only been a few days! I think because your teeth are slowly shifting, everything feels "off" because you are not used to it. But in reality, your teeth are moving to the correct position. Once you adjust, it will feel "right" again, but much better of course. I am also interested in changing colors for every adjustment. How frequent do you go in for adjustments?

BTW I've only heard great things about Singapore. Would love to go someday, especially since English is often spoken over there.

My braces saga
Pictures updated tri-weekly
Braced: 4/27/2013

joeyyeo

#22 Post by joeyyeo »

@rhibee: yup I sure it'll get fixed soon. Just wondering how long it'll take :P

@kurisu: I go for adjustments once every 6 weeks! What about you? I'm still in school so I have no worries about going all whacko with the colours, I believe that itmakes my braces journey more fun as well hehehe. And my ortho seems to be having fun as well :)
Singapore is okay I guess. I guess the good thing is that all of us speak English, but we tend to mix in other languages when we're speaking as well, so sometimes travelers have issues understanding us :oops: but it's a great place with lots of things to do! A little on the pricey side, compared to neighboring Asian countries, but it's still an awesome place :)

My bottom teeth are moving so fast! Everything is almost in place except of 2 pesky lateral inscisors that need to be rotated quite a bit. Teeth are still sore though,I managed to eat some bread yesterday but with difficulty... A lot of difficulty.

GillyWeed

#23 Post by GillyWeed »

I love your colours!
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

joeyyeo

#24 Post by joeyyeo »

GillyWeed wrote:I love your colours!
Aww thanks :)

Tobilei

#25 Post by Tobilei »

So pretty!! Love them!!

I have empathetic sore teeth today. Got to watch my husband chew through some delicious smelling subway then came home to a plain crumpet *jealous*.

As for bites, yep, they go weird frequently. I can't even begin to describe my current bite pattern, it feels all over the place with random teeth meeting that never did before and others not touching anything at all. My molar has shifted a bit this week but last week whenever I bit down I'd bite down at one point and my bottom jaw would slide as the pointy bits on the top molar slid on the pointy bits of the bottom molar every time I bit down. I thought I was going to go batty :crazy: Hang in there, it's all part of the (fun) *cough* ride.

joeyyeo

#26 Post by joeyyeo »

Tobilei wrote:So pretty!! Love them!!

I have empathetic sore teeth today. Got to watch my husband chew through some delicious smelling subway then came home to a plain crumpet *jealous*.

As for bites, yep, they go weird frequently. I can't even begin to describe my current bite pattern, it feels all over the place with random teeth meeting that never did before and others not touching anything at all. My molar has shifted a bit this week but last week whenever I bit down I'd bite down at one point and my bottom jaw would slide as the pointy bits on the top molar slid on the pointy bits of the bottom molar every time I bit down. I thought I was going to go batty :crazy: Hang in there, it's all part of the (fun) *cough* ride.
I had porridge for breakfast and macaroni for lunch! I really want a biscuit but the pain's not worth it. I'm contemplating on baking brownies later, something soft and sweet that I can actually eat :)

I hope mine doesn't go that wonky :P And, I'm sure it's going to be a really "fun" ride! :|

Tobilei

#27 Post by Tobilei »

I hate it when I want a bikkie or something and can't chew it! Some bikkies melt in the mouth..........but a square of chocolate melted in the mouth makes a good alternative (as do brownies! Or chocolate mug brownie/cake if you can't be bothered to make a whole batch).

And yes, it's lots of........fun :shock:

joeyyeo

#28 Post by joeyyeo »

Tobilei wrote:I hate it when I want a bikkie or something and can't chew it! Some bikkies melt in the mouth..........but a square of chocolate melted in the mouth makes a good alternative (as do brownies! Or chocolate mug brownie/cake if you can't be bothered to make a whole batch).

And yes, it's lots of........fun :shock:
I love chocolate. But I'm currently in an attempt to lose weight! Made a deal with my friend, not going so well with it though. I made brownies in the end! Delicious :D I would make mug cakes but sadly... My microwave got taken away by my mum and she doesn't intend on buying another one :(

I managed to eat some meat for dinner! :D Minced pork, yum. Chewed with my 2nd molars which aren't banded so it wasn't that bad!

Tobilei

#29 Post by Tobilei »

Mince is awesome :mrgreen:

Until you have to clean it all out of your brackets anyway :P

And yeah, I was a healthy eater until I got my braces on. Seems to have gone out the window since :oops:

joeyyeo

#30 Post by joeyyeo »

Tobilei wrote:Mince is awesome :mrgreen:

Until you have to clean it all out of your brackets anyway :P

And yeah, I was a healthy eater until I got my braces on. Seems to have gone out the window since :oops:
And there goes my dreams of losing weight with braces. It just flew out the door :(

Moving on to slightly more solid food today! My back teeth are completely fine already just my front teeth, so I can eat pretty much anything provided I don't have to break it with my front teeth :D