I started my braces adventure

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sebasbrink

I started my braces adventure

#1 Post by sebasbrink »

Having a shame about my crooked smile, I decided to have braces some time ago. It will be a process of 2 years, one gap year and then probably 2 to 4 years again. The gap year is to look what my teeth will do, since I don't want to have a permanent retainer. The top braces are placed already :D feels tight but good. Will try to find a way to upload a photo!

sebasbrink

Re: I started my braces adventure

#2 Post by sebasbrink »

Don't have the privileges to upload a photo yet. Will try to describe my current teeth situation: I have a diastema, which does not really bother, but the rest of my teeth are just not straight enough to make it a pleasant look. My arches are a bit thight, they probably be broadened during the proces and I have a deep bite. Therefore they have to move up my front upper teeth by a few millimeter before they can place the bottom brackets. Otherwise I could bite them off. They also offered to place some brackets behind the front teeth, turbos they're called if I remember correctly, but that would affect my speech they say. It would drop half a year of treatment though, but since I have some years to come, I prefer it this way.

sebasbrink

#3 Post by sebasbrink »

The braces are metal by the way, without colored elastics unfortunately!! They are a new kind, self closing, which is kinda cool. They have some colored spots on them, but that will wear off the ortho said.

desertd

#4 Post by desertd »

How are things going? I had self-ligating braces as well, I loved them.
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263

Dunnyet

#5 Post by Dunnyet »

Hi sebasbrink, wishing you well with your braces journey! Looking forward to updates! Cheers!

someguy98

#6 Post by someguy98 »

Congrats on getting started with your braces journey! I got mine this year in February.

Wire

#7 Post by Wire »

Great that you got braces and hope your journey goes well! I got my braces 6 months ago, for the first time at 42.

ooto

#8 Post by ooto »

Do you have an update?