Finally doing it! Damon braces for bite issues

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

desertd

Re: Finally doing it! Damon braces for bite issues

#46 Post by desertd »

Well I have a debrace date: February 10. Was pretty excited until the assistant put the "missing link" powerchain on and caused that gap between my lateral and front tooth to open again. Well, last Thursday they tied my front six teeth top and bottom together with wire ties and put finishing elastics on. Hopefully that will get that gap closed again, though I don't see much progress since last week. The finishing elastics are the zigzag between my back eight teeth on each side, to close my bite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263

jem

#47 Post by jem »

Wow, that is a lot of elastics! Your teeth look great. I hope the gap has closed up. Did you get your braces off? It would be great to see pictures.

What type of retainers will you have?

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

sebasbrink

#48 Post by sebasbrink »

I'm curious about your revent developments, are you debraced already or did they add some months for finetuning?

desertd

#49 Post by desertd »

Apologies for going silent since last post. I did get my braces off on 2/27. The gaps did not close up so the ortho gave me a positioner. It has definitely closed up the gaps and helped with my bite. That said it is a frustrating device, I was prescribed to wear it at night, a real pain when you catch a severe cold (thankfully not corona if you wondered, but still annoying as you know what). I've had the positioner for about three months now. My ortho has said he is happy with the results with regards to my bite but he saw some rotation in a few teeth towards their original positions, which he says can happen even with the positioner. I am quite pleased with my results overall though so I am hoping I can get fitted for retainers next visit. I was given an Essix retainer between when I got my braces off and when I got the positioner so I assume that's what I'll get when I am officially done.
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263

desertd

#50 Post by desertd »

Current pic. I see where there may have been a little rotation, especially in that canine on the left (my right). If he's willing to fix these I'll let him do it, otherwise I want my retainer.
signal-2022-06-06-10-23-46-701.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

someguy98

#51 Post by someguy98 »

How's it going with the positioner (assuming you still have to wear it)? Hope you're doing well.

someguy98

#52 Post by someguy98 »

By the way, I also decided for self-ligating braces.

No regrets, only the adjustment appoinments are uncomfortable sometimes when the slots are being opened.