SARPE/Braces at 35

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TCCZ

Re: SARPE/Braces at 35

#16 Post by TCCZ »

Very nice progress so far, I bet you are pleased with the results and wish you the best for the future.

sebasbrink

#17 Post by sebasbrink »

Hi Carno, I'm curious about your treatment, the Sarpe sure sounds like a intense experience. How are the braces now and do you still have that expander? Hope you're well

Carno

#18 Post by Carno »

sebasbrink wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:04 pm Hi Carno, I'm curious about your treatment, the Sarpe sure sounds like a intense experience. How are the braces now and do you still have that expander? Hope you're well
Hi sebasbrink,

The SARPE wasn't too bad, the surgery itself was only about 45 minutes long, and then I was home the same day. My swelling was fairly minimal, and not much pain except for the day of the surgery. I had the expander in my mouth for 90 days after the surgery. Cranking it wider was an interesting experience, not painful, but very odd feeling.

I was somewhat frustrated that my jaw expanded more on the right side than the left, but nothing I could do about that. I knew I needed a second surgery anyway, so I would just have to hope it was all corrected during the second surgery.

The braces haven't been much of an issue, to be honest. They are mildly annoying, but that's about it. Once I got a water pik, cleaning them was much easier. I would only have pain (mild soreness only) for a day or two after an adjustment, and only took ibuprofen to minimize it. As you can see from the photos, my smile was VASTLY improved, so I was very happy about that, even with a misaligned bite.

I just had my second surgery two weeks ago (will make a further update later!), and I'm happy to say that my upper jaw was corrected and now everything lines up and matches and meets in the correct places. I am not sure how long I will need braces following this second surgery, but probably for another 6 months or so.

sebasbrink

#19 Post by sebasbrink »

Hi Carno, good to hear about your progress. It's been a time, but can imagine that cranking up your expander is a bit odd and also is weird to just see one side move. Did they fix that in the second surgery? I hear a lot about water piks, maybe I should get one too. Did you have had the expander before your surgery or did they place it at the same time?