Ceramic Braces Story @ 28

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

istase2000

Re: Ceramic Braces Story @ 28

#16 Post by istase2000 »

Hi everyone!
Just had my third adjustment this week and it's just shy of 3 months and they told me my bite has gone a little weird especially on the bottom right (as I suspected). I have now been assigned elastics.. but my teeth are definitely going through a " it will get worse before it gets better" phase right now. :gavel:

The elastics are cutting into the sides of my mouth and you cant put wax on an elastic :lol:

Hope everyone is seeing more improvement than I am!

atrixa

#17 Post by atrixa »

Luckily (or unluckily if you consider I had an overbite as a teenager and I probably should have had them to correct it then, what was my ortho doing?!) I've never had to use elastics. They don't look comfortable at all! Your teeth are looking really good, though.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

swisscat

#18 Post by swisscat »

Wow your teeth look fabulous already! You must be very happy!

istase2000

#19 Post by istase2000 »

Thanks Atrixa and swisscat.

I'm really happy about how straight my teeth are, but my bite is still off - when I bite down it only bites onto the right and the left doesn't really touch. Also, my longer front tooth keeps hitting on the bottom teeth.

The good news is, my midline is almost aligned again! :BigGrin:

I think people get sick of hearing me give little updates about my teeth as I notice every little change haha. I'll just need to post here more often.

BlondeCam

#20 Post by BlondeCam »

They are looking GREAT! The whole bite thing is so strange and hard to get used to. My molars don't touch together right now just because of the brackets so I feel like a cow chewing when I try to eat solid foods.
Nutritional shakes, yogurt drinks and Ortho wax are my current BFFs!
I can see a BIG improvement and keep on posting. I'm following closely! Have a great day doll.

istase2000

#21 Post by istase2000 »

Hi everyone, it's been a while since my last update as I didn't really didn't feel like there was much progress. I've seen the ortho twice since my last post and have a slightly new triangle configuration of elastics which will bring the bottom jaw back a bit. My top teeth are able to overlap the bottom again *yay*! My ortho said everything is on track again so I'm very happy.

I have a gap on my bottom right as this will apparently fix the midline.

BlondeCam

#22 Post by BlondeCam »

It's amazing how the different configurations of elastic can shift your whole arch isn't it? Your ortho seems to be doing a great job. I bet your midline shifts a ton before your next adjustment. Really look great! I'm jelly of your super white teeth btw :BigGrin:

Heidirs

#23 Post by Heidirs »

Hi, istase2000!

You and I seem to have pretty similar cases in terms of age, underbite, and I have that same snaggle tooth in the opposite corner. Will start my braces later this month. It's encouraging to hear you haven't needed any teeth removed (other than wisdom, and mine are already gone.)

istase2000

#24 Post by istase2000 »

Been a while since I posted. Things have straightened out a lot but still tweaking some things.

I took this in the morning but this afternoon the orthodontist installed powerchains :gavel:

Before
Now

noodles

#25 Post by noodles »

Wow, your teeth are so white, and I am impressed at how elegant the brackets look! At what point of your treatment did you start wearing the elastics?

atrixa

#26 Post by atrixa »

Looking amazing after less than a year!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

istase2000

#27 Post by istase2000 »

Thanks guys! I had elastics just before the 3 month mark and have been wearing them almost nonstop since.. so for about 4 months. I had 2 weeks without them in that period.

Teeth are definitely far from white..the canines are quite yellow. maybe it's just the lighting hehe

Oh gosh funny you think that because after 7 months I still am not used to the feel of the brackets! They feel bulky still :-*

Natrapx

#28 Post by Natrapx »

That's really impressive how invisible they actually look. I'm getting own ceramics on tomorrow (at 28 too!) so hope to see them looking as good as yours do!

hunnybunchesok

#29 Post by hunnybunchesok »

Hi, I know this is an old post but wanted to mentioned how this made me feel better about my decision to go with ceramics. I was really worried about it being bulky and staining but see you have advanced clarity 3m which is what my ortho will be using.

istase2000

#30 Post by istase2000 »

@hunnybunchesok Apologies for not replying, life got a little hectic and I totally forgot to update this thread!

I got my ceramic braces off as I needed them off by a certain date and my ortho put them back on to tweak a few things we agreed on. The second time round I had standard metal braces. With the ceramics, they weren't really close to "invisible" and staining was never an issue for me. I'm not sure if they actually were but the metal brackets felt smaller with a flatter profile and more comfortable with less sharp edges. Having said that, the treatment was pretty straight forward when I had the metal brackets so perhaps that influenced the comfort level. In the end it's really the end product that matters :) Did you end up getting ceramics and how are you finding it?

So just to wrap this thread up, my braces finally came off in 2019 and this is how my teeth look now. Bite and everything feels great still.
For those going through braces now, stay positive! There were many times where I felt like it was getting worse before it got better and was a bit discouraged but it's all worth it in the end.