Braces for a 3rd time with headgear

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Zane

Braces for a 3rd time with headgear

#1 Post by Zane » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Hey All,

So coming up on my third round of orthodontic treatment, I debated whether or not to post a background story and chart my progress. After a think I figured it could actually be cathartic and fun. So here goes....

Years ago I had Orthodontic as a good old team, teeth were pretty bad. This was of course only phase 1 as I needed to get the surgery to correct the asymmetry in my jaw. As such I had to get braces again in my 20s with surgery and post surgery treatment. That being said it was all worth it from the standpoint that my smile was great and my bite was perfect. So all in all I was pretty happy with the results and glad I went through process.

Fast forward a good couple of years now and I was the lucky victim of assault and literally had my jaw broken again. Luckily just the lower jaw and luckily the plates held things in place "mostly". That being said I was experiencing some tooth cracking and jaw pain .....long story short my bite is yet again out and I will need orthodontic treatment again.

So after visiting the dentist and new orthodontists, I will need braces again for around 12 to 18 months....and due to jaw shape and size, probably some headgear depending on how the first few months go....although that will speed up the process. So there's a plus.

Will be rebraced on 8 November 2019, and plan to document the process and provide regular updates as time goes by.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions during the process or based on past experiences which you may have, I am happy to help out or just chat so that we can support each other through our journey tohether.

Chat later FAM!

mattt

Re: Braces for a 3rd time with headgear

#2 Post by mattt » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi!
Sorry to hear about the experience!
May I ask how old are you and whether you're male or female? Because getting assaulted like that must be really bad luck! :o

Zane

#3 Post by Zane » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi Matt,

Im a guy in my 30s. Just boiled down to a couple of punks (probably drunk) who took a swing at me when I wasn't paying attention. But yes it was quite a thing at the time.

mattt

#4 Post by mattt » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Thank you for the reply Zane!
Since there are not many guys here willing to document their experiences I have to applaud you for sharing yours!
Will you be documenting your treatment with pictures in the future?

Zane

#5 Post by Zane » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi Matt,

Yes I was playing to document and can throw in some pics for sure.

mattt

#6 Post by mattt » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:23 am

Thank you, that will be very appreciated!
Enjoy your freedom till November and I'm looking forward to your updates, best of luck! :jump:

Zane

#7 Post by Zane » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:53 am

Thanks Matt!

You been through similar treatment? And yes I'll enjoy my freedom for now.

mattt

#8 Post by mattt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:43 am

Not really, because my bite has always been pretty good, just minor crookedness... I went through a pretty easy treatment myself, using removable expansion plates/retainers.
Now I'm on this forum because of my study program and interests in orthodontics, checking it in my free time to learn more about different case and experiences, especially in adults, since I'm not from the US and we don't get access to their extensive case study forums.
So you're getting regular braces top and bottom?

Zane

#9 Post by Zane » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:04 am

Oh okay cool.

I guess this would have a lot of love cause studies and as you say is mainly adults.

Im getting a full set yes, top and bottom. They will be the metal brackets. Depending on progress, they may use other appliances so we'll see what happens.

Zane

#10 Post by Zane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:33 am

So its done now and everything on...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zane

#11 Post by Zane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:34 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PrivatelyE5

#12 Post by PrivatelyE5 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:38 am

Just started my second time with braces myself. Only have my top arch banded so far. Good luck, keep in mind that there's a community here that's rooting for you.

Zane

#13 Post by Zane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks PrivatelyE5... :tingrin:

PrivatelyE5

#14 Post by PrivatelyE5 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Please keep us in the loop.

Zane

#15 Post by Zane » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:18 pm

So I wanted to add in a few more pics. Last ones were just to show my braces, but conscious it looked a bit like I had an under bite.