2nd braces at age 30 - for bite and gums!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Meowmeowbeans2

Re: 2nd braces at age 30 - for bite and gums!

#16 Post by Meowmeowbeans2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:06 pm

6th adjustment, time is flying!

Apparently, my top teeth are done! They're in the strongest wire to keep them in place with a "sling" of a powerchain still running under the front 4 brackets to get them a bit less flared and more straight up and down.

Bottom canines were still a bit rotated from my three months of class III elastics wear, so she repositioned those two brackets and put steel ties on them - ouch! There are also small gaps between all of my front incisors, so I hope that as the canines rotate into place, those gaps also close up.

Back in 6 weeks to check on the canines!

16 month sentence to April 2020...
My braces story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54116

Meowmeowbeans2

Re: 2nd braces at age 30 - for bite and gums!

#17 Post by Meowmeowbeans2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:04 am

7th adjustment today. I'm also back in elastics, ahhhhhhhh! My teeth are all nice and straight, so it's all about the bite. They removed the bite turbos to start, and the surfaces underneath feel kind of rough and gross. I brushed them rights afterward, so hopefully, they go back to being nice smooth feeling teeth soon.

On the top, I'm still in the same last square wire as before. I have a regular powerchain now instead of the "sling" under the brackets of my front 4 teeth. That's nice because the light band across my teeth kept staining and looking weird, and I'm in a wedding this weekend and need to take photos!

On the bottom, got upgraded to the last square wire today. I have a few small gaps among my lower incisors and canines, but we won't address that with a powerchain until the next visit on November 20.

On the left side, I have a class II elastic to pull my midline together. On the right side, I have a box formation because my teeth aren't meeting on that side yet. It's a bummer because I have a wedding this weekend and then two vacations between now and my next adjustment, including 2 weeks in Japan! Elastics are just an added hassle for traveling :( Hopefully, I'm still ahead of schedule overall and can get out of these before April 2020.

I also had a periodontist check-up in September, and my two pre-braces gum grafts still look good a year later. He did say I should have one lower incisor done right after braces are off (and pushed me to make the appointment for April right then!), but I told them I'd call back when I had a better sense of when the braces are actually coming off. I also feel like I should wait a few months to let my teeth settle post-braces before surgery since I wouldn't be able to wear a retainer for a week or more afterwards. Or maybe a permanent retainer on the bottom would be sufficient for that week or so?

16 month sentence to April 2020...
My braces story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54116