First time braces at 33

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Vega

Re: First time braces at 33

#76 Post by Vega » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:35 am

3th of december is debrace-day :D :jump: :dance:

Vega

#77 Post by Vega » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:52 am

So i’m in my last 2 weeks of braces and my lower brackets starting to causing me pain.... they rub against my lip and eating is a pain... i refuse to use wax :twisted:
Started to prep for the removal, for the past month i switched to a toothpaste that helps with sensitive teeth. As i understand from seeing debracing-video’s they use a lot of water to rinse. That always hurts my teeth a lot.
Maybe i should ask if there is a possibly to use warmer water for that.

Malinan

#78 Post by Malinan » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:55 am

So exciting that you are going to get debraced!

I hope you all luck and going from embracing the brace to embracing your new smile :tingrin: :HugeGrin:

Vega

#79 Post by Vega » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:50 am

Braces are off!!!!!!
And I'm happy with the results, I still have to get used to them but overall I'm pleased! :D

It was really quick too, except for the molar bands, he had to cut them off.
Then removal of the glue, polishing, x-rays. I have to go back tonight to get my (upper) retainer. It's an essix and I only have to wear it at night. There is still some dental work to be done and once this is finished I get a wire behind the upper teeth.
On the bottom I have a wire.

So 2 years in metal braces
2 operations and i'm guessing about 5000 euro for braces, x-rayx, consultations, dentist.
I was lucky to have my insurance pay for the operations. (10.000 euro for both operations)

assertives

#80 Post by assertives » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Congrats!! Glad to hear that you are happy with the results! Post some pictures please!

Vega

#81 Post by Vega » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 am

In 1 month I have to go back to the ortho for a check up.
I get to take the before/after- pictures home, so I will upload these. :wink:
Wore my essix at night and it wasn't so bad, it's a bit comforting in a strange way. You are so used to the braces, and when they are gone it feels like something is missing.
I keep feeling around with my tongue to remove bits and pieces of food, but there is nothing there, brushing is a lot of fun, it feels so smooth and straight.
I had a lot of staining and yellow edges (near the gums) but the polishing removed about 90% of this. It came out better than i was hoping for.

My teeth look huge, but the ortho said that everybody reacts that way. Also my gums still have to settle in a bit.

Vega

#82 Post by Vega » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 am

I finally had my parodontologist -app.. wasn’t so bad as I tought.
Yes they poke between the gums and your teeth with a sharp stick but they do it so fast, it’s over in seconds.
I have some deeper pockets but nothing dramatic and it only requires a deep cleaning wich would be stretched over 2 apps.
Apparantly some of the orthoglue got lodged under my gums, i had a band in that spot so she is going to clean that too.

Because of a hectic period I haven’t been to my ortho yet for my upper wire, i had some dentist apps to go trough first and it wouldn’t be practical to do that with the wire attached. They replaced a filling in my front teeth because of discolouration. I didn’t have any cavities after 2 years of braces :lol: