A Whole New World

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pjade1

Re: A Whole New World

#16 Post by pjade1 »

I am glad everything went well with your bracing. I hope you are not in too much pain tomorrow either. It will be interesting to see how your progress goes. It sounds like you are in good spirits!
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

SpottedPickle

#17 Post by SpottedPickle »

Today is a good day so far. Yesterday I had some pressure all over, pulling when I clenched and chewed. I clenched A LOT, I am a clencher. I had a slight headache. 2 Advil early on in the morning and a whiskey sour last night later on was all the medication I have needed so far :lol: I also only used my lip-guard for an hour yesterday. I had 3 oz of filet from the porterhouse hubs and I shared, potatoes, and cauliflower for dinner even. Today so far I barely know my braces are rubbing on the inside of my mouth!

Day After Report!
Rt Front Quarter - slight pain, pressure, and cannot chew
Rt Back & LT Front Quarter - Slight pressure, pulling when clenching and chewing
LT Back Quarter - I hardly feel my braces, the slightest pulling when clenching and chewing

Braces Revelation:
Superfloss is NOT for me. the cotton beginning just shreds and gets stuck on things. I am much faster with a threader and my dental ribbon.
I am still in love with my Waterpik and Sonicare.
The assistant said my clenching could prove beneficial, and so far it is. :)
Whiskey Sours are better than a salt and water rinse hehehe

SpottedPickle

#18 Post by SpottedPickle »

oops I need to learn left and right again, sheesh. I reversed everything. :mrgreen:
Left Front Quarter - slight pain, pressure, and cannot chew
Left Back & Right Front Quarter - Slight pressure, pulling when clenching and chewing
Right Back Quarter - I hardly feel my braces, the slightest pulling when clenching and chewing

chichi

#19 Post by chichi »

Congrats on being braced! I was also a clencher at first and I still am after some of my adjustments. It just feels so good!
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

SpottedPickle

#20 Post by SpottedPickle »

My clenching has helped a lot, even just getting me used to the pulling feeling that is just so freaking weird when chewing. It does feel really good!

TrustGodAuburn

#21 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Congrats on your bracing! I bet you see fast progress!

YAY!

Featheryy1221

#22 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Glad to hear you've haven't had an extreme amount of pain. :) Congrats on getting braced finally! :-88 I'm so excited to see how your progress goes!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

sally1988

#23 Post by sally1988 »

Hows it going pickle, hope your ok? glad to hear you are eating ok!
I wish I was a clencher after almost 2 weeks im still finding it difficult to bite anything :( I have to rip my food up and post it into the back teeth to chew its getting old fast!

SpottedPickle

#24 Post by SpottedPickle »

Thank you everyone!

Sally, I am doing well. There has been movement. My fronts do not slide across anymore so that is awesome, but they are really sore, and my bite is now off in the back. I feel crooked lol. The inside of my mouth is doing well, but it seems to ramp up towards the early evening. I wore wax on two brackets (left and right canines). Those hooks kept grabbing my lips. it was on for 3 hours until bed and such. How are you doing? Is your pain changing? I have to tear up all my food also and make little pieces to put on my back molars. Ramens went well so I tried spaghetti, that did not go so well. the hooks act as shelves for cheek noodles :) 65 minutes for half a bowl of spaghetti and 1 itallian sausage link

parsleysage

#25 Post by parsleysage »

Yay!!! So glad... yet slightly jealous :oops: ... that you haven't had much pain! I definitely find that biting/clenching helps relieve my pain too.

How awesome that you've already seen movement! Hopefully Mortimer will shape up over the next few weeks!

sally1988

#26 Post by sally1988 »

Well I woke up this morning and my tongue was a bit cut up I think maybe a tooth has moved or rotated so a sharp part is rubbing it, my teeth are still too sensitive to bite but I suppose I'll make do with small squares of chocolate - the things we do!

SpottedPickle

#27 Post by SpottedPickle »

Parsely, I am really surprised so far. I had a couple minor headaches, my migraines that were gone with two advil. I have only needed my lipguard on day one for an hour, and wax on the two canine brackets with hooks last night for 3 hours before bed. My chew spot has been my right back molar. Now because of my shift, I cannot use it. The right front uart hurts with pressure and it hits before that molar does to chew. Today my left molar is my chew spot lol.

Sally, I am glad things are mostly sorting itself out I know you have been really having a go at it!

NeilH

#28 Post by NeilH »

Congratulations on getting started and welcome to the metal bracket club, great choice! And what an interesting story that led you to starting on this new adventure. I'm glad it is going well for you and you aren't in too much discomfort, I think we all have different experiences and can sometimes expect things to be worse than they actually are. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

SpottedPickle

#29 Post by SpottedPickle »

Thank Nei! It is amazing at the mental stuff that goes into each person's story. I think it is such a different process mentally and physically for adults and it is nice to see the broad range of experiences, and relating to them.

SpottedPickle

#30 Post by SpottedPickle »

My first Advil down the hatch for actual tooth pain and not pressure headache. Sucks because out of habit I go to clench and cannot lol.