New to the board...114 days into treatment

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kacers

New to the board...114 days into treatment

#1 Post by Kacers »

Hi All!

I'm a 30 year old with braces, and I just entered phase two. These rectangular archwires are NO JOKE! But I'm excited for the changes that I'm seeing already. I'm constantly chanting "trust the process".

I'm a little scared about the eventual powerchains and elastics. They sound brutal.

chichi

Re: New to the board...114 days into treatment

#2 Post by chichi »

Nothing was as painful as getting those rectangular wires. All your future rectangular wires, powerchains, and elastics will be a piece of cake (sort of) :)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Kacers

#3 Post by Kacers »

I sincerely hope that's the truth. This is brutal. And I have a pretty high pain tolerance.

Right now, there's already been movement and I can't close my bite anymore. This lovely cross bite in the back. I just hope it moves and moves quick. This lack of chewing is gonna get OLD.

SpottedPickle

#4 Post by SpottedPickle »

Welcome! I hope things settle and the rest is easier as was said :) I am sure "trust the process" is the mantra of many here :)