chichi is braced!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ty24

Re: chichi is braced!

#121 Post by ty24 »

Sorry to hear about that! My brace day is tommorrow, along with a power chain, so just think about how you don't have as bad as I will for a while! :) hope you get to feeling better!

chichi

#122 Post by chichi »

I'll have to post pictures later, but I had my 8th adjustment last Thursday. The ortho did a little more IPR between the top front teeth because there was still a very small black triangle. It looks like it should be gone now. I got fresh powerchains that now fully span both arches. I'm in a new stainless steel wire on bottom... I can't believe how shiny this thing is. I've read about it in some of your stories, but WOW, this thing is super shiny! My uppers are still in the 0.019x0.025 TMA wire and we'll be repositioning upper brackets again at my next appointment. I also complained about biting my lip and the assistant looked at me like I had 3 heads and told me that was weird. I showed her that my upper front teeth were actually hitting the bottom brackets and she just said, "oh yeah, but they're just barely touching, so it still looks ok." :roll: Then the ortho came over and I told him about it, so he added more bonding to the molar buildup I still had. I expressed some concern that my bite was possibly getting too deep because I was hitting the brackets, but he said he'll be doing more repositioning next time, which should take care of these things. It felt super awkward to only have the buildup on one side, but I'm already used to it again and I'm not biting my lip anymore, so I can't complain. It's amazing how quickly we adjust to these things once we've been in braces for a while. I remember the molar buildups being such a pain when I first got my braces on, but now it was just like any other adjustment.

Anyway, I hope all you other bracefaces are doing well! Happy summer! (or winter to you southern hemispherians)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

parsleysage

#123 Post by parsleysage »

Woot for no longer biting your lip! I'm definitely looking forward to some updated pictures :) I'm glad the adjustment went well!

SpottedPickle

#124 Post by SpottedPickle »

Awesome that you are no longer eating your lip! I am glad things overall went well :)

chichi

#125 Post by chichi »

1 YEAR!!!

And yes, I know, I still owe you guys pictures...

Anna5

#126 Post by Anna5 »

Congratulations with your brace anniversary!!!
I am looking forward to seeing your pictures! You must have made great progress, I am sure.....

mapleleafman888

#127 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Awesome stuff!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

parsleysage

#128 Post by parsleysage »

*chants while holding a picket sign*

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!

Just kidding. Put them up whenever you have the chance. CONGRATS on your 1-yr anniversary! Seems weird to think I won't even be halfway when I hit my 1-yr! Geez. Anyway, you've made awesome progress and hope things continue to align beautifully!

chichi

#129 Post by chichi »

9th adjustment was another repositioning appointment. Ortho repositioned my top right central and top left lateral, and It looks like my lower arch is basically done. He told me we're just around the corner now, so that's exciting. I still don't ask exactly when I'll be finished because it'll happen when it happens... my ortho and I want perfection.

Back in 0.018 x 0.025 Copper NiTi on top and kept the same 0.016 x 0.025 SS on bottom. Still have to wear my triangle elastics on both sides (top canine to bottom canine and 1st premolar).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AlexO890

#130 Post by AlexO890 »

Your teeth are looking really straight! How much longer do you have to go?

chichi

#131 Post by chichi »

AlexO890 wrote:Your teeth are looking really straight! How much longer do you have to go?
Thanks! I'm not sure how much longer. I was given an estimate of 18 months, which would be December, so I'm still assuming something on that timeline.

AlexO890

#132 Post by AlexO890 »

You'll have your braces off as a Christmas gift! :D So do you like the way the ceramic braces look?

chichi

#133 Post by chichi »

AlexO890 wrote:You'll have your braces off as a Christmas gift! :D So do you like the way the ceramic braces look?
I think they look pretty good (as good as braces can look, anyway) and I'm glad I got them. When I first got braces, people were asking if I just had braces on the bottom, so I guess the ceramics did what they were supposed to do. I would have gotten them on the bottom too, but that would have pushed the cost to a little over $6,000 and I couldn't justify it. Somehow staying under that mark made me feel better about spending that kind of money

The ceramics also weren't supposed to add time to my treatment, as some orthos will tell you. My estimate was 18 months, regardless of bracket type. My top teeth had more moving to do than my bottom teeth and I'm still on track, despite losing something like 1.5 months because of rescheduled appointments (another story for another day), so I don't believe it has slowed down my progress.

SpottedPickle

#134 Post by SpottedPickle »

Your teeth are looking great. I hope that you stay on track with the timeline, those things are stinkers :)

chichi

#135 Post by chichi »

SpottedPickle wrote:Your teeth are looking great. I hope that you stay on track with the timeline, those things are stinkers :)
Thanks! I hope I stay on track too :D